Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Wind noticeably picked up here in last 20 mins. Heavy hail showers too. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

The skies are clouding over and you can hear the roar of the wind. Still quite calm out, but the change is definitely on it's way. 

Hello Eunice! 

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

The skies are clouding over and you can hear the roar of the wind. Still quite calm out, but the change is definitely on it's way. 

Hello Eunice! 

M4 closed both direction Fabian way closed 

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

M4 closed both direction Fabian way closed 

My daughter is working in Barry today. She says the ceiling panels keep moving inside the building. 

Just now, Weather roller-coaster said:

It's kicking in now in Cardiff gone eerie dark 

It went dark so quick too. Bright blue skies just vanished. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow sun thunderstorms frost
1 minute ago, Clair_Witch said:

My daughter is working in Barry today. She says the ceiling panels keep moving inside the building. 

Yes bright sunshine first thing just a breeze then definitely picking up been watching the porthcawl webcam why are people there just so dangerous 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
6 minutes ago, Clair_Witch said:

Yes getting some strong gusts now in Barry, can hear the roof starting to creak at times and the back windows starting to wistle. I imagine further up the top of my street a bit higher up and the lower parts of Barry by the coast are getting pretty rough right now.

• Like 3

Posted
20 minutes ago, Weather roller-coaster said:

Yes bright sunshine first thing just a breeze then definitely picking up been watching the porthcawl webcam why are people there just so dangerous 

No matter how many times they're warned to stay away people never listen. 

Even when the wind is not moving the trees, there is such a roar out there! 

Eunice sounds angry! 

• Like 2

Posted

70mph mean wind speed at Mumbles Head according to

MAGICSEAWEED.COM

Mumbles Head - Live Weather Station - Magicseaweed

Very nearly hurricane force on Beaufort Scale.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Got 3 trees under tpos in the garden..asked for planning permission for a lateral and crown reduction and council said no...mother nature may overrule that decision today  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Absolutely hammering it down here now. Still not recorded a gust over 36mph but thats partly due to my anemometer being on a wobly fence. Didn't realise that im as sheltered as i am dissapointingly, winds must be 30mph less by me than up the hill at the top of the street.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Mainly miserable cold rain here.  Meto slightly downgraded top gust speeds for later, low 60s to mid 50s.  Looking at the wind direction we might just be rather windy instead of STREWTH that’s strong!  That is because I have put away garden furniture, got the gas camping stove out and candles and battery operated fairy lights……..

Edited by snefnug
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Looks like there are six or seven power cuts in Pembrokeshire so far, each affecting multiple properties, but nothing widespread.  Lets hope it stays that way.

https://powercuts.westernpower.co.uk/

There do seem to be a lot of power issues around the country especially in the South West.   I wouldn't want to be working on power lines in this weather....! 

Edited by Sky Full

Posted

Well all of a sudden the wind direction has changed a bit and there are some really big gusts now even in my sheltered bowl, the sound of the wind around Barry and watching the trees further up the hill, must be close to 70+ in some of these gusts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

So bad here now so severe

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Really quite windy here too, with the gusts shaking the house 

Posted

Hopefully the video works, you can really hear the constant roaring of the wind even if its not showing the strongest of gusts outside but from the rest of Barry thats more exposed. Never heard anything like it in the background for so long, been hours its going on for now.

• Like 1

Posted

Have possibly reached the most dangerous part of this storm with some really powerful gusts shaking everything and making a hell of a noise.  Just lost the second ridge tile off the garage roof but luckily didn’t fall on the car - so close!  Have now moved the car .  Had the lights off for just a few seconds but then they came on again - thank goodness!   However, the sun has started to come out and if we can just get through the next half an hour I think the worst might be over…..  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

Temp dropped to 3c here, heavy grauple and hail. Frequent strong gusts. Would not want to be out in this, but don't think we have had worst of winds here (yet). 

Posted

Well, the red warning has now expired. While it hasn't been as bad here in the Valleys as I was fearing (shelter from all of the hills/mountains, I expect), I do think the red warning was fully justified considering some of the gusts (122 mph!) and damage we've seen elsewhere. The Met Office's hourly forecast now seems to be suggesting that the worst has passed here (Nelson), with a slow decline in gust speeds throughout the afternoon, but it'll still be very gusty in south Wales and with the worst still very much to come in the rest of southern Britain.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Lights continuing to flicker - come on Western Power, don’t let me down now…!

….and there was the strongest and most violent gust yet!   The whole house seemed to shudder and the roof howled, but we’re still here!   I’d better go and see if any more of the roof came off….

• Like 1