Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

So just done a but if shopping to get stuff to make a bolognese and treated myself to a nice bottle of red, which was £15 that I'd seen a few times and wanted to try. As I'm going through the door home, the bottle falls out its nice case and smashes over the steps by the door. This Storm currently can not cause anymore damage than the emotional damage I feel right now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
20 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

So just done a but if shopping to get stuff to make a bolognese and treated myself to a nice bottle of red, which was £15 that I'd seen a few times and wanted to try. As I'm going through the door home, the bottle falls out its nice case and smashes over the steps by the door. This Storm currently can not cause anymore damage than the emotional damage I feel right now

I done that with a brand new bottle of Jägermeister once. I could have cried! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Well, it literally is the calm before the storm today. Bright blue skies, calm winds and not a cloud in sight.

They've closed all schools in Cardiff and most of the rest of Wales by the sound of it. This waiting has quite an eerie feel about it.

Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 3

Posted

I am old enough to remember 1987, It warm sunny day,well above average temperatures a day before the Hurricane .The old saying calm before a storm is apt ,

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
4 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

I am old enough to remember 1987, It warm sunny day,well above average temperatures a day before the Hurricane .The old saying calm before a storm is apt ,

It will be interesting to see how bad this actually goes, or if it ends up less severe, with the models swaying with its exact path still and wind speeds going up, then down, then up again etc. A selfish part of me would like to see an 80+mph gust as in my nearly 28 years on earth I can't recall really seeing any past 60-70mph. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

It will be interesting to see how bad this actually goes, or if it ends up less severe, with the models swaying with its exact path still and wind speeds going up, then down, then up again etc. A selfish part of me would like to see an 80+mph gust as in my nearly 28 years on earth I can't recall really seeing any past 60-70mph. 

It's quiet something to be blown over in a gust of wind and not being able to walk into the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow
5 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Yes changes in the path of the storm will alter who see's the most powerful gusts as we have been seeing, but regardless 60-70mph widely tomorrow. Perhaps the most violent gusts will stay out over the bristol channel. But looking at the UKV it looks very nasty indeed....not sure if im looking at the latest run/data however...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Overcast and winds 15-20mph and set to decrease further in the next few hours ahead of Eunice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow.

We've even got flood warnings here now due to tidal surges. 

We've been out this evening with the dog and there's not a breath of wind. Quite eerie actually. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.
1 hour ago, andy989 said:

Temp is dropping like a stone here, wonder if I’m high enough for the white stuff.

My wife just said that!

Posted

Winds down to 5mph now, so quiet out there

Posted

Well with talk of it deepening more rapidly than the forecasts and potential for it to be further north ( some say it is while others say its not?) It could get even worse for us on the South Coast than some of the predictions. If it continues as is with a drop of 23mb in 8hrs already, wouldn't surprise me to get a wider area of us seeing 85+mph gusts. Could be completely wrong though.

Edited by DeepSnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Four of the weather apps I use are promising gusts at or above 80mph tomorrow morning for my location, with the fifth one maxing out at 67mph.   I’m not sure what damage could be expected from one or two hours of 80mph+ gusts but I’m sure we’ll have trees and branches down across roads.  It’s still possible for the wind strength to be higher or lower than predicted so I’m keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t get any worse.  I really hope we don’t get a long term power cut - it really can be disruptive - but we could survive with a log burner and the bottled gas hob.   Then there’s the roof……it’s going to be touch and go.

Edited by Sky Full

Posted
1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

Four of the weather apps I use are promising gusts at or above 80mph tomorrow morning for my location, with the fifth one maxing out at 67mph.   I’m not sure what damage could be expected from one or two hours of 80mph+ gusts but I’m sure we’ll have trees and branches down across roads.  It’s still possible for the wind strength to be higher or lower than predicted so I’m keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t get any worse.  I really hope we don’t get a long term power cut - it really can be disruptive - but we could survive with a log burner and the bottled gas hob.   Then there’s the roof……it’s going to be touch and go.

I've been out and bought some tinned stuff and easy food to do on the gas hob just incase there is a power cut for any length of time. Fingers crossed I've just been over cautious, always best to over prepare though. Hopefully the gusts will max out at no more than 80mph for us.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

It's eerily quiet here in Bridgend but with light/moderate rain but as you can see on my weather station the pressure is falling quite quickly now 

788AC8C8-C719-4D77-A05A-430CBA44986F.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Not looking forward to this, wife has a hospital appointment 12 miles away and I have a visit to the Dentist both in the morning when this'll be at its peak. Not good.

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...
26 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

I've been out and bought some tinned stuff and easy food to do on the gas hob just incase there is a power cut for any length of time. Fingers crossed I've just been over cautious, always best to over prepare though. Hopefully the gusts will max out at no more than 80mph for us.

I say I could survive - I can cook porridge and boil an egg……and I can open a tin of beans too!   Sorted!

Posted

I live on the Swansea sea front and its so quiet with barely any wind, it's so strange-quite literally the calm before the storm!!

I hope the power doesn't go for long as I have an electric cooker.  I've cooked off a chicken just in case 

• Like 1

Posted

Yep she's approaching...pressure starting to fall. Here we go

Posted

Really rough here in Milford already 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, cold snowy winters, thunderstorms

Winds really starting to pick up here. Already near gale at times. Was very light about an hour ago. Some light rain about. 8c temp and climbing. 999mb drop from 1003 in the last hour.

Edited by The4Seasons