Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Lunchtime bike ride brought some interesting weather. Ground level winds are NE force 3, but clouds are moving generally W at about 15mph based on shadows on road, so I wonder if there will be a convergence zone. Temperatures much warmer at 16c, first 'no coat' ride day of the year. Looks like there is going to be some shower activity, some good 'cauliflower' clouds on my way out. Mainly sunny, all in all not a bad day.

Could contain: Road, House, Housing, Roof, Tarmac, Freeway, Utility Pole, Car, Sky, Person

Looking much darker towards the west on my way back.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Are we forecast anything, it looks like showers are developing near York. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Absolute cloud burst here with T & L
Torrential rain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Wow just wow, the storm that came into pocklington was amazing. Pics to follow shortly 😲😲😍😍

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Ground, Cloud, Cumulus, Horizon, Field

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Grass, Plant, Field, Grassland, Ground, Sky, Scenery

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Grass, Ground, Sky, Field, Grassland, Cumulus, Land

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Ground, Grass, Field, Grassland, Cumulus, Land

Could contain: Ground, Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Grass, Sky, Field, Grassland, Land, Cumulus

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Grass, Field, Grassland, Horizon

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Horizon, Field, Grassland

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Horizon, Cumulus, Field, Grassland, Grass, Plant

Could contain: Ground, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Field, Grassland, Horizon, Weather

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
1 hour ago, Beverley Lass said:

Absolute cloud burst here with T & L
Torrential rain.

I left Beverley about 4.30pm in heavy rain, drove through a few showers then got home to rumbles of thunder. Unfortunately the dark skies were too far to the west and seemed to skim around us. No further action 😒

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Plot, Shoreline, Coast, Map, Atlas

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Beautiful start to the day. Rain clouds now gathering….

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Meadow, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Horizon

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well Summer Blizzard it's all looking to be 'going away' from my feed direction (a tad south of yours?)

Like Yesterday the worst will be south over L'pool/Mcr.....as long as the Sun comes out all is not lost!

Got my decking timber arriving later & I don't want to be stowing that mid storm!!!

Posted

Bone dry here so far. It seems a regular thing for the forecasts to suggest heavy showers midday onwards but for them not to arrive until late-afternoon or the evening.

• Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, reef said:

Bone dry here so far. It seems a regular thing for the forecasts to suggest heavy showers midday onwards but for them not to arrive until late-afternoon or the evening.

Looks to have been some activity on Holderness between Hedon and Withernsea, but dry here as well

Lunchtime produced SW force 3, 17c and quite a bit of cloud building. No onshore breeze today, so maybe showers will reach the coast.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Road, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Highway, Azure Sky

• Like 2

Posted

Nothing materialised at Skipsea, despite the forecast, all just seemed to pass us by. A warm day in the end, I would guesstimate high of 18c. Rain did seem to have fallen further inland, coming home, between Burton Agnes & Rudston was wet. Home was dry but now we have light rain falling. No storms but some lovely bubbly clouds on the horizons this afternoon.

Absolutely no point checking tomorrow’s forecast until tomorrow 😏

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Thundery Summers

Had a big downpour in Hull about an hour ago. Very localised but dumped a lot of rain as it was very slow moving. Some hail at times too.

Posted

Three different day's weather in one today. Torrential rain this morning dropping nearly 10mm in an hour, lovely and sunny mid-afternoon and now thick fog and 10C as the sea fret has rolled in.

• Like 2

Posted

Yes strange day weather wise in our part of the world. I have been in Malton for work most of the day, had some heavy rain and a couple of flashes of lightning at about 3, coming home a bit later there had been some very heavy rain just to the south, with surface water floods on the road out to North Grimston. Heading towards the coast up the Wold Valley there was a clear line where the cloud and showers stopped with bright sun all day at home. Now sea fret has rolled in.

• Like 1

Posted

Thankfully we avoided all the rain out Skipsea way, had glorious sunshine all day & without a temperature gauge I can only say the sun was hot enough to catch even with factor 50 on 🫠. Under the sea fret now, as others are.  Goodnight all 😴

• Like 1

Posted

Well what a change today, sea fret all the morning, lunchtime still misty, wind N force 5, temperatures 9c. Back to a coat and gloves. Wood box fill request received from Home Manager, which has been completed🤣

• Like 1

Posted

Chris F had a picture from Scarborough on the early evening BBC weather forecast and it looked grey and grim. I'm glad I'm back in sunny Cheshire. Should be better for you tomorrow and continue that way on Sunday after the showers have moved in here in the NW.

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Chris F had a picture from Scarborough on the early evening BBC weather forecast and it looked grey and grim. I'm glad I'm back in sunny Cheshire. Should be better for you tomorrow and continue that way on Sunday after the showers have moved in here in the NW.

It has been a horrible day today. Cold and windy and nothing like spring. 

• Like 4

Posted

Not too bad at lunchtime today, wind was NNW force 4-6, not the worst direction as I get quite a bit of shelter on my daily ride. Temperature around 12c. Very broken cloud with plenty of sunshine. This was after a wet and dull start to the day at 6am.

Posted
7 hours ago, mike57 said:

Not too bad at lunchtime today, wind was NNW force 4-6, not the worst direction as I get quite a bit of shelter on my daily ride. Temperature around 12c. Very broken cloud with plenty of sunshine. This was after a wet and dull start to the day at 6am.

Turned out nice for the rest of the day here. Almost unbroken sunshine, dark clouds came & went quickly with no real threat. Reached high of 16c. Could have been higher without the cool breeze. Spent the afternoon pottering in the garden, finally getting around to taking the dahlia pots out of the summer house & out in the garden.….all 17 pots & although they’re a bit leggy, they’ve certainly sprung into life now.

• Like 2

Posted

Some nice cloud formations this morning…Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Weather, Cumulus, Horizon

Posted

It’s a grand day out at the mound again today….high of 14c but again when in a sheltered spot in full sun, it surely feels much warmer.

Could contain: Countryside, Field, Grassland, Meadow, Nature, Outdoors, Rural, Sky, Horizon, Weather

Having a pleasant day just cleaning & tidying a trench today. Not too taxing and mostly working on my own - very peaceful 😊

Could contain: Soil, Person, Hat, Glove, Outdoors, Archaeology, Ground, Gravel, Shoe, Glasses

• Like 2

Posted

Cloudy day today but with the sun only just behind the clouds & virtually no wind it’s feeling very warm. Again, I’m estimating based on forecasts as signal isn’t the best again, I would say a pleasant 17c. Comfortably T-shirt weather.  I’m not taking any notice of the car tho 🚗 😆😆.

Last day on this dig today ☹️.

Mildly dramatic skies this morning…

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Cow, Mammal, Sky, Countryside, Sheep, Mound

Car’s have serious wishful thinking! I’m surprised as there’s no direct sun shining on it 🤔

Could contain: Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Gauge, Electronics, Screen, Computer Hardware, Hardware, Monitor   🤪

Edited by RebsAbbo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Always like car thermometers although they do seem to be getting slightly more accurate but not by much. Toss up what are worst those popup forecasts in windows taskbar or the car thermometer.

• Like 2