Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well Friday's "Pace Egg" looks like a pleasant affair? It'll be a dry one for once ('weather' not Ale!!!)

Posted

I heard Louise L saying on the R4 forecast last night that 'East was best' yesterday, and I'm wondering what the rest of the country had to put up with or what planet the Beeb are operating from. Suffice to say, I'm back home and trying to get the wet clothes dry from yesterday! ☹️

Edit - I also hear Louise talking about heavy and potentially thundery showers near the East coast this afternoon. You have been warned!

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I heard Louise L saying on the R4 forecast...

My experience is that on the East Coast of Yorkshire we have quite different weather from inland Yorkshire, and of all the media forecasts the BBC are the poorest in terms of capturing this. Over the last few years the quality of the BBC TV forecast has gone down, the 5.55am forecast is very obviously recorded the night before in a lot of cases, even sometimes refering to 'tomorrow' when by the time it is broadcast it is tomorrow.

If I need to make a weather based decision then the forecasts here are pretty good, and the Met Office do OK apart from warnings which tend to be a lottery, I ignore the BBC.

I think it rained most of the night, very wet everywhere. No bike ride today or yesterday, front wheel decided it was happier going to the scrapman than continuing to suffer my substantial body riding it on Tuesday. Mrs Mike57 had to come out in the car to fetch me as I was still about 3 miles from home.. Bike is now getting serviced at the same time.

Had a walk at lunchtime, quite mild but damp and spitting with rain again. Wind NW force 3-4, temps 11c

• Like 2

Posted

Snow signal showing on GFS, significant accumulation too.

If we are gonna get cold and cloudy may as well give us some late spring snow.

Could contain: Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Map, Face, Person, Atlas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!

Lovely sunset over the village tonight, looking down the 'great valley' after the rain had cleared 😘

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Freeway, Highway, Tree, Traffic Light, City

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Well, hello!
Having had nearly a week without t’internet of any description I can finally report the following:

Slightly different view for me this week…….don’t get views like this in East Yorkshire 😉

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Sunset, Tree, Palm Tree, Sunlight, Summer, Silhouette, Sunrise      Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Summer, Sky, Beach, Hotel, Tree, Dining Table, Resort, Palm Tree  

Although I’m not impressed with the reports from back home….having left my dogs without their home comforts, minus figures are not what I want to hear, poor boys 😭😭

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No storms here but plenty of heavy showers and a nice squall earlier in the afternoon which brought some gusty winds. Most of the lightning activity has been to the north, west or to the south of us.

Posted

A very wet journey to N Yorkshire this afternoon, with traffic on the A64 coming from the coast particularly heavy and slow. Rain cleared at 6pm and now clear and quite chilly, although the strong breeze may help to keep any frost away overnight. Looks like a better day tomorrow, at least until late afternoon / evening 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

What a contrast. A beautiful if somewhat chilly start to the day but now pouring down and wind on the coast is really strong. Not a night to be on the high seas! 🥶

Blowing a hoolie out there tonight, trees on the farm track at the end of the lane 'roaring' away, maybe a bit of free 🔥 wood in the morning from some fallen limbs 😁

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
34 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Blowing a hoolie out there tonight, trees on the farm track at the end of the lane 'roaring' away, maybe a bit of free 🔥 wood in the morning from some fallen limbs 😁

Are you in training for worlds strongest man this year? You must have enough wood for the apocalypse? Always the Yorkshireman eh 😉

• Like 1

Posted
10 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Are you in training for worlds strongest man this year? You must have enough wood for the apocalypse? Always the Yorkshireman eh 😉

You can never have enough 'wood' 🤣🤣

log store nearly full but always room for more, i like free heating 😁

Edited by Wold Topper
  • Like 1

Posted

Absolutely battering it down just now, hail mixed in, proper rattling off the windows, 

Posted

Jeez, hasn’t stopped all night &  it’s hail now…if it gets any harder it’s gonna come through the windows!!

1 minute ago, Wold Topper said:

Absolutely battering it down just now, hail mixed in, proper rattling off the windows, 

🤣🤣 could we say that in unison again!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Jeez, hasn’t stopped all night &  it’s hail now…if it gets any harder it’s gonna come through the windows!!

🤣🤣 could we say that in unison again!

Lol, it was a proper 'window rattler' and that is not a euphemism 😄

• Like 1

Posted

After the deluge & wind of last night, surprisingly pleasant this morning - a classic wolds weather day, sunshine & strong, but cold breeze. Escaping the wilder weather over on the west at the mo 🙏🏼.   Was 7.5c at start of walk, now 9c. Amazed to see the rapid growth of crops in the fields since my last walk up there just over a week ago. The rape has doubled in size & is starting to flower.

So happy to be back in my beautiful Yorkshire 🥰

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grassland, Horizon, Weather, Cloud, Cumulus, Scenery, Grass

• Like 4

Posted

Lunchtime ride today was a dodge the showers day, last 3 days this week have been windy, Tuesday was a slog, as was today. Yesterday wasnt too bad as the wind was more southerly, and I get some shelter from the hedges on most of my ride.

Today was SW force 5-6 with 8C and some heavy rain showers and some threatening skies. When the sun is out it was OK but as soon as the sun goes felt cold.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Looks like we will have got a solid 12 hours of moderate rain from the radar. Not sure on the amount.

Posted
On 13/04/2023 at 13:53, mike57 said:

Lunchtime ride today was a dodge the showers day, last 3 days this week have been windy, Tuesday was a slog, as was today. Yesterday wasnt too bad as the wind was more southerly, and I get some shelter from the hedges on most of my ride.

Today was SW force 5-6 with 8C and some heavy rain showers and some threatening skies. When the sun is out it was OK but as soon as the sun goes felt cold.

Sunshine and showers were what we were forecast to have in the NW as well and what did we get, steady continuous rain all day. At least we got an apology for it. So, summer blizzard, you're probably right, with more rain for your region before the trough breaks up and disappears into the North Sea 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Just sat out for half an hour with a cuppa.
12 C .. full sunshine, calm  and not a cloud in the sky.
Beautiful.

🌞

• Like 1

Posted

Same here BL near Bridlington, just a couple of clouds on the horizon apart that clear blue, lovely day 🌞

• Like 1