Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Yeah it's started settling in places too. Just need it to get a bit heavier. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Thunderstorms, Snow
39 minutes ago, Derbyshire_snow said:

How are the roads coping I have to travel on the A1/A19 later. 

The roads are fine now however it is very icy now.

Posted

Thunder snow over cullingworth,Denholme way as it set in but raining here then🤣

Just clearing now with stars appearing. Very heavy fine snow which was good.

Enjoyed that. Proper 80s shower lol

Posted

33 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Heavy shower of ?graupel /snow here and settling.

That one just hit us too but didn't settle. It's just wet now so will be treacherous if it freezes overnight.

Posted

The last shower has left it whiteover again here, didn’t expect that.

I’ve now seen more snow in the past week than the last 2 winters combined.

A memorable month so far. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Precipitation died all around me again, what is my life 😂😭😭

Posted

Stopped now and skies cleared.

Melted from the pavements and roads as they are warm from the sunshine but seems to be freezing on all other surfaces, nothing dripping from the trees. 0.0c

Just under a cm on grass and raised surfaces. 

Taken all winter to get a snow event and then we get 2 small ones and one big un in the space of a week. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Slate, Night, Path, Walkway, Garden

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Zippo here a gap formed which we went through can see snow to the north east of us though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Probably the last snow of the season?

Watched the entire shower just in case.... 🌨️

Really heavy for a few mins, was just starting to cover everywhere then it died off

Could contain: Brick, Bus Stop, Outdoors, Nature

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A localised shower of graupel followed by snow in Lincoln, the graupel produced a slight dusting on the ground, though the subsequent snow hasn't settled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Came out of work at 10 o'clock at Ecclesfield and car was coated in ice. It was a struggle to even open door. 

Must have been extremely wet that snow and temperature must have dropped soon as it started clearing. 

Posted

I'm signing out for winter two! 😂

Winter is now officially over as far as I'm concerned bring on some spring warmth. Hopefully be some good thunderstorms this summer for once.

• Like 1

Posted

Today was grey and damp with spots of rain at lunchtime. Wind force 4 gusting 5 or 6 South once out of the village, however not the worst direction when cycling as I get quite a bit of shelter from the hedgerows on my normal route. Temps 9c so fairly mild.

• Like 1

Posted
17 hours ago, mike57 said:

Today was grey and damp with spots of rain at lunchtime. Wind force 4 gusting 5 or 6 South once out of the village, however not the worst direction when cycling as I get quite a bit of shelter from the hedgerows on my normal route. Temps 9c so fairly mild.

I ended up in North Yorkshire for a meeting yesterday expecting it to be dry and it rained until mid-afternoon and then for most of the journey back across the Pennines in the evening.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Spring is definitely trying to show its face today, a lovely bright morning with blue skies & sunshine. At 11c and a southerly breeze it was too warm for wearing coats on my walk, just down to a long sleeved t-shirt 👍🏼. Loads of wildlife having an outing making the most of the sunshine: Bees & Brimstone butterflies in the garden; redwing, yellow hammers, chaffinches, skylarks, plovers, pheasants & a hare all out in the fields.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

Loving the cloudscapes again today…

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky, Horizon    Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Azure Sky, Horizon    Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Road, Scenery, Azure Sky, Sheep, Landscape, Bird 

A few odd spots of rain this afternoon, but otherwise a beautiful day on the wolds. Topped at 18c in Scarborough & still 16c now at 4.30pm. A much brighter day than was on the cloudy forecast 👍🏼

• Like 2

Posted

On our way back from London on the train and there is lively convection to the west of Grantham, didn't see any lightning, but some very heavy rain in the distance.

• Like 2

Posted

Well first lightning of the season, we had parked at Beverley for our trip today, and when we were leaving heading towards Driffield we saw 3 quite clear flashes illuminating distant cloud tops to the North. Not sure how far away, maybe 25+ miles, but quite clear with one quite clear set of 'crawlers' down the cloud

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey
3 hours ago, mike57 said:

Well first lightning of the season, we had parked at Beverley for our trip today, and when we were leaving heading towards Driffield we saw 3 quite clear flashes illuminating distant cloud tops to the North. Not sure how far away, maybe 25+ miles, but quite clear with one quite clear set of 'crawlers' down the cloud

Had some nice views of it in Scarborough. I was out without my camera unfortunately, but got a screen grab from my phone at dusk. Shame I didn't have my proper kit as I've wanted a shot like this from this location for a while!

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Building, Cityscape, Urban, Lightning, Storm, Thunderstorm, Sea, Water

• Like 5