Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Thunderstorms, Snow

An unexpected spring frost last night, it had gotten down to -3 here but the sun has quickly cleared the frost away.

Edited by DevinW
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Some overnight showery rain

I was woken at just after 1am with graupel rattling on the bedroom window.

• Like 3

Posted

Well lunchtime today was better, plenty of sun, winds down a notch from yesterday but still cold. Wind NNW force 3-5 Temps 7c, bright sun. Still felt cold out of the sun. A little line of instability where the onshore winds were hitting the cliffs at Bempton

Could contain: Road, Outdoors, Nature, Grassland, Fence, Tarmac, Gate, Horizon, Sky, Hedge

• Like 3

Posted

A very nice day overall, sunny for the most part and with less of a chill wind than yesterday. I think the absence of wind may mean we are in for a slight frost tonight, but hopefully the sun will get to work on it tomorrow morning before I head off back to Cheshire.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

It started off nice this morning, a pleasant early dog walk approx 5c. On arrival at site in Skipsea it looked to be a promising start & I toyed with the idea of putting sun cream on, the sun was quite warm. However as the day is progressing the clouds have come over & threatens with the odd spot of rain but nothing has really materialised. Feeling cool when not working. Best keeping working then…back to it 👍🏼

Could contain: Soil, Person, Ground, Field, Outdoors, Baseball, Baseball Game, Sport, Soccer, Soccer Ball

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Field, Grassland, Horizon, Countryside, Meadow, Weather, Pasture

• Like 2

Posted

@RebsAbbo frost on the car this morning just before 6 when my wife took me to the station. Been in the NW all day, and it's been grey here, so sounds pretty general.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Do we know which May's left it until May for 20C in Yorkshire.

Posted

Been down to Peterborough today, a pleasant spring afternoon, about 17c. Back home looks like 10c. Have to say it was quite a shock getting off the train today, winter clothes ended up in my rucksack.

• Like 1

Posted

Today has been a nice day plenty of sunshine.not too hot for a couple of old fogies.The forecast was cloudy bright with showers.We seem to get different weather than what is forecast at the ryhill station six miles away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

The sun has been lovely today & when sheltered felt warm enough to work without a coat, but a cool breeze kept the temps lower than it ‘looked’. I’m guessing at 13c max (based on another reporter) but I would say it felt about 10c in the breeze. Big positive was that the sun stayed out most of the day so got a good bit of vit D 👍🏼

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Cow, Livestock, Mammal, Sky, Mound, Countryside 10.30am  Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Meadow, Horizon, Sky, Pasture, Scenery  12.30pm  Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Mound, Sky  4.30pm

• Like 3

Posted

Well after a couple of quiet days wind is back again today at the coast. NE force 5-6 maybe gust close to 7 at lunchtime, with NE being the second worst direction for my normal bike ride after SW. Temperature 11c, partly cloudy, apart from the wind an OK day even if some people will find it a bit cold (doesn't worry me).

• Like 2

Posted

Well no storms here, but certainly some heavy shower. Got absolutely soaked on lunchtime bike ride.

Ground level winds were variable and almost non existant, but within 20 mins of leaving home  a bit of brightness turned into this

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Grass, Utility Pole, Countryside, Pasture, Scenery, Horizon

and about 10 mins later I was like a drowned rat. Warmer than yesterday at 13c. Now grey again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heat and cold, storms and blizzards...zonal a no no

Finally!! A bulls eye thunderstorm over Ripon.. it is absolutley epic.. Packed with lightening and thunder , still making a racket even though its moved off east. 

Torrential rain as well :) 

• Like 3

Posted

A surprising day here, rain but relatively mild on this morning’s walk. Thankfully yesterday’s bitter wind has disappeared. Went out late morning and as the day progressed the skies gradually cleared and we had a glorious afternoon. Sun was very warm, reaching a high of 17c although the car was reading 21c sat in the sun! Some decent convection seen in the distance and looked stormy into late afternoon/early evening, but nothing quite materialised on the thunder front.

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Yard, Weather, Vegetation, Scenery     Late afternoon      Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Cityscape, Urban, Plant, Tree  Taken 1/2hr later, turning stormy.

• Like 1

Posted

Just been watching that area of storms west of Hull moving east on the radar. Was there some rotation in it? Any reports from anyone who was under it? It fizzing out now as it reaches the coast.

Posted

Cracking storm couple of hours ago nr Scunthorpe 

Credit: Andy Stones (FB post on WeatherFans)

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Storm, Thunderstorm, Sky, Lightning   Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Weather, Lightning, Thunderstorm 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Neighborhood, Architecture, Building, Thunderstorm, Lightning, Weather   Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Thunderstorm, Lightning, Weather

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Out chasing near Thorne today⚡

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Storm, Thunderstorm, Lightning, Weather, Plant

• Like 4

Posted

Back in N Yorkshire for three days. Dry, bright and quite warm in Whitby but a heavy shower on my way across the Moors to the coast. Good to see lots of people around, but looks as though tomorrow's bank holiday will be a bit of a washout and expecting most long weekenders to leave early.  

An interesting bit of sea mist / fret on the coast at 5pm. Lythe at the top of the hill was clear but Sandsend at the bottom by the sea was obliterated from view. The fog whistle was blowing at Whitby but the mist then disappeared as quickly as it came.   

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 1

Posted

Although it was cloudy this morning it was particularly mild at 13.5c. This afternoon certainly produced some very warm sunshine. Just wished I’d been able to sit out in it….unfortunately am literally ‘under the weather’ since last night. No it’s not alcohol induced either as could barely drink much at our coronation bbq. After a forced dog walk I’ve barely been able to lift my head up from the sofa all day. ☹️

Ok, moan over. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Back in N Yorkshire for three days. Dry, bright and quite warm in Whitby but a heavy shower on my way across the Moors to the coast. Good to see lots of people around, but looks as though tomorrow's bank holiday will be a bit of a washout and expecting most long weekenders to leave early.  

An interesting bit of sea mist / fret on the coast at 5pm. Lythe at the top of the hill was clear but Sandsend at the bottom by the sea was obliterated from view. The fog whistle was blowing at Whitby but the mist then disappeared as quickly as it came.   

Very pronounced sea fret at Scarborough today.  It was quite odd in that the sun was out above mostly but it was foggy also.  At times you couldn't even see the sea from the beach in sun, very strange and eerie.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

I wonder if we'll see any T storm action later?

There are showers building around Liverpool way that could 'clip' us but will they become active?