Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days

It’s lovely out there, short sleeves weather when working in it. Grass has just had its first long cut of the year….blackbirds are having a field day!

Could contain: Grass, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Canine, Dog, Pet, Shelter, Tree, Yard    Could contain: Grass, Plant, Lawn, Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Canine, Dog, Pet

Think I need some new monitoring equipment - clearly this is wishful thinking on its part 😂😂😂….it’s more 12c as you say @Beverley Lass.

Could contain: Thermometer

TBF I haven’t been resetting it either so maybe just a recalibration needed 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
50 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

It’s lovely out there, short sleeves weather when working in it. Grass has just had its first long cut of the year….blackbirds are having a field day!

Could contain: Grass, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Canine, Dog, Pet, Shelter, Tree, Yard    Could contain: Grass, Plant, Lawn, Backyard, Nature, Outdoors, Yard, Canine, Dog, Pet

Think I need some new monitoring equipment - clearly this is wishful thinking on its part 😂😂😂….it’s more 12c as you say @Beverley Lass.

Could contain: Thermometer

TBF I haven’t been resetting it either so maybe just a recalibration needed 🤷🏼‍♀️

The look like Ladrador's not Blackbirds?? 😉

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Well Grass too wet to cut here after overnight rain. Crazy day max temp of 15.7C after five O'clock when the sun finally got rid of the clouds.

The Brannan won't be too accurate probably out by 7 degrees in your case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
1 minute ago, The PIT said:

Well Grass too wet to cut here after overnight rain. Crazy day max temp of 15.7C after five O'clock when the sun finally got rid of the clouds.

The Brannan won't be too accurate probably out by 7 degrees in your case.

Yeah, I think I’m ready to upgrade to something more professional this year 👍🏼👍🏼 .  I think it has a greenhouse effect going on too, due to the Perspex cover I added for rain protection 🤔

Edited by RebsAbbo

Posted
16 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Yeah, I think I’m ready to upgrade to something more professional this year 👍🏼👍🏼 .  I think it has a greenhouse effect going on too, due to the Perspex cover I added for rain protection 🤔

Stick it in an Stevenson screen the expensive solution. It should then be +/- 1C in theory.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Cos I can’t add photos/video to DMs….sorry for the personal reference…

@Wold Topper Hhheeeeeerrrreee’s……..Jonny 🤗

Posted

Weekend family wedding at Ravenscar of all places. Dry and bright which was good but chilly on the cliff top for the wedding photos. I've remained in N Yorkshire today and enjoyed a spectacular day on the moors with hardly a cloud in the blue sky. Payoff seems to be tonight which I think is going to be cold + cloud drifting in off the cold N Sea, and perhaps more of a chill wind tomorrow as I work my way home. 

Edit - don't even mention the one about 'one step back for the ultimate wedding photo'

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Edit - don't even mention the one about 'one step back for the ultimate wedding photo'

😂😂😂

Could contain: Water, Sailboat, Yacht, Person, Waterfront, Cliff, Nature, Bird, Airplane, Diving

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
4 hours ago, RebsAbbo said:

Cos I can’t add photos/video to DMs….sorry for the personal reference…

@Wold Topper Hhheeeeeerrrreee’s……..Jonny 🤗

0D00B6FD-376A-455C-B6F7-AAC04C49E3D5.MOV 16.48 MB · 2 downloads

Next Sunday that will be very apt 🤭😉

• Like 1

Posted

A nice day at the coast after some early mist and greyness. Lunchtime ride saw wind NNE force 3-4, with temps pegged back to 10c with the breeze off the North Sea, but bright sunshine which felt warm out of the wind. A bit of low cloud blowing off the North Sea even at lunchtime.

Could contain: Road, Freeway, Tarmac, Highway, Horizon, Nature, Outdoors, Sky

• Like 3

Posted

Well north sea cloud did the honours by disappearing fairly quickly this morning. Wind got up this afternoon again but still was T shirt weather in the garden.

Posted

Fine and sunny, but that b****y wind, ENE 4-6, maybe 7 in gusts, so last 3 miles home were into a head wind with no shelter or respite. Wind is pegging the temps back 11c at lunchtime. cloudless sky after some early greyness.

• Like 3

Posted

The cloud did the honours and vanished quicker today where yesterday it took it's time.  Another nice day rather warm despite the moderate breeze now it's a case of waiting for the break down I guess. Rainfall amounts down from yesterday and cold push delayed by a day as the low takes it time to get organised.

Edited by The PIT
  • Like 1

Posted

Better day today for my ride, wind down a notch on yesterday, and more northerly so I get a bit of shelter from the hedges on most of it. Wind force 4-5 NNE, 11c and bright sunshine at lunchtime. Quite a reasonable day, didn't feel as cold as yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Well I was expecting to awake to grey & rain but bright & Sunny again! We're still expecting rain but amounts seem down on what were being forecast earlier in the week?

Posted

We have had some nice days recently.I had just got used to having nice days in the garden.Now we  are back to dark cloud and easterly wind ,plenty of rain forecast.The local forecast comes from Ryhill weather station six miles away.

Could contain: Text, Symbol

• Like 2

Posted

We expected rain today.It turned out to be a nice day no rain.Another nice day in the garden.Lets see what  tomorrow brings .The forecast is dark cloud and light rain.

• Like 1

Posted

It seemed to brighten up here only towards the end of the afternoon. A nice sky briefly early evening before a spot of rain againl

A nice shaft of light above the garden about 7.30pm…

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Cloud, Cumulus, Weather, Sunlight, Scenery, Flare, Azure Sky

• Like 2

Posted

Well, forecast cold has arrived. 6am walk this morning was cold with a strong NNW wind, and woodburner has been relit this morning. Not sure what lunchtime will bring...

• Like 2

Posted

It was a chilly but fairly bright start to the day, 7am walk. Forecast seemed to suggest mostly just cloud & some sun breaks. Instead it’s moderate rain showers & cold wind quickly interspersed with lovely sunshine.

I’m working outside today & layed up with thermals, waterproofs & hat & gloves.

Alternating between being freezing & wet to sweating under all the layers & wondering where my sun cream is🙄.

Proper, I say, proper April showers weather. 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Road, Horizon, Tarmac, Weather, Scenery, Cloud, Highway

Rain coming down behind Skipsea Castle (motte & Bailey mound)

Could contain: Field, Grassland, Nature, Outdoors, Countryside, Farm, Pasture, Rural, Meadow

• Like 2

Posted

Yes lunchtime here brought winds NNW force 4-6, not the worst direction for headwinds on my normal cycle route, about 1.5 miles out 10, and shelter from the hedges on the rest of it. Temps at 8c felt cold, limited sunny intervals and a shower during the last 10 minutes. Woodburner still going, with home management request that log box is refilled, its actually December cold today but when the sun gets through for more than a few minutes it warms up.

@RebsAbbo What the history of the mound at Skipsea, seen it a few times from the car or bike, is it pre-historic?

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, mike57 said:

Yes lunchtime here brought winds NNW force 4-6, not the worst direction for headwinds on my normal cycle route, about 1.5 miles out 10, and shelter from the hedges on the rest of it. Temps at 8c felt cold, limited sunny intervals and a shower during the last 10 minutes. Woodburner still going, with home management request that log box is refilled, its actually December cold today but when the sun gets through for more than a few minutes it warms up.

@RebsAbbo What the history of the mound at Skipsea, seen it a few times from the car or bike, is it pre-historic?

The mound we see is a motte & bailey (enclosure with a moat) that was constructed in the Norman era. About 6 years ago there was some research & bore samples taken that suggest the mound is built over an Iron Age burial mound. I have just started an archaeological dig there. We are excavating a site in front of the mound, where the Norman castle was, which is possibly medieval enclosure, possibly a hall house but could be earlier. Also to the left of Skipsea castle is known to be a Mesolithic lake. We are also excavating a trench there to explore the Mesolithic evidence of hunter gatherer people living/fishing there. All very exciting. 

• Insightful 2

Posted

Perishing cold wind today, signs of early rain on the moors and I was told that there were showers at Whitby during the day although not inland where I was. However, even glimpses of the sun could not compensate for what was a thoroughly chilly day in N Yorkshire. 

• Like 2