Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Sleet here now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well it’s now sleeting here and the radar shows nothing 🤔

2 hours ago, Steel City Skies said:

How is it in the higher parts of Sheffield? Any new cover? ❄️

About 1-2 cm of fresh snow now covering the surfaces that had been shovelled clear and a fresh covering over the ‘old’ snow that had survived the warm March sun from this morning.

Still very deep (15-25 cm) especially over surfaces where the sun couldn’t reach, and a huge amount left  to melt when the temperatures do eventually rise overnight and through tomorrow. It may be a few days before it all goes. 

A memorable March snowfall for sure…if this had fallen in December or January with the right conditions, it could have been epic. But great to have had a bit of very late season drama…and at least those Spring flowers and buds will now have been kept on hold for just a little bit longer, hopefully re-emerging closer to when we really want to see them. 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Outdoors, Nature, Car, Vehicle, Weather, Snow, Handrail

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Currently snowing moderately here , sadly hearing the constant drip of thaw whilst watching the flakes come down, if only it had been 4 weeks prior 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Turning sleety in heavier bursts in Lincoln but it's mostly been light rain here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Turned to drizzle now. Just been through the town centre and it's snow free! You can see a clear snow line on the hills around now. Back of the house, in the sun, it's all gone but the front. which is always sun free, it's still there on the area in front of the house and pavement.

I could say that I had a couple of extra inches today but, in truth, it was the bottom half of the snow on the roof sliding off with a massive crump.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It was around 4C at the University of Lincoln when the precipitation first started, now that it's got heavier it's dropped to 2.3C but the precipitation is still mostly rain.

Posted

It's absolutely bizarre what difference 80m in just 1.5 miles can do. Harrogate centre is pouring down with rain, everything has melted, over here at 180asl it's still a whiteout. 

Edited by Empire Of Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Just had a quick look heavy rain now with big snowflakes ❄️ mixed in and with that it’s time for bed 😀

Posted

We had light snow for a while yesterday afternoon, then heavy until i last looked out at 9pm with a temp of 0.7c….I’ve just got up now, wind direction changed and dry and now it’s 4.6c

The snow has been great fun, the drifting spectacular as often seems to be the case with these March snowfalls. Lets see what Tuesday may bring!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Some light snow still 14cm to 17cm in the back garden

Posted
31 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Some light snow still 14cm to 17cm in the back garden

Probably be some left still by end of today I'm Sheffield with having so much!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Planty of melt overnight here on the West Yorkshire Borders....Just as I like it, the kids got a long weekend but snow all shifted for the new week...March Snow eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

No more snow! Working away in Carlisle, Monday-Wednesday.

So don't need the A66 to be shut again as the M6-M61-M60-M62-M1 route is very unpleasant. Especially after the horrid stressful job there.

I don't know how the A69 route copes with snow, only used it once when I was in Newcastle and heading to Glasgow after.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm at matlock and out in a t-shirt sitting outside with a coffee! Full cover here still

Could contain: Tree, Fir, Nature, Outdoors, Scenery, Sky, Land, Conifer, Ice, Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Just noticed how high the melt has made our River!

It melts a lot slower than it can come down these days so no issues but it'd have been plenty high on Thursday night/Friday Morning if that lot had fallen as rain for sure!!!

Beautifully mild out there a.t.m.!

What a difference a day makes eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Still full cover here just despite a high of 11C.

I see the rivers are responding here to the melt if Feb hadn't been so dry they'd be plenty of flooding right now.

Posted

Well that snow event Thursday night was largely disappointing here, about 1.5" snow is shocking from 24 hours snowfall with the temperature close to freezing.  Had the previous few week been cold and frosty rather than mild we would have been looking at about 8" of snow.. As the air was cold enough but the ground/soil temps where just too tempered from previous mild spells. Also when I lived on leeds road otley 330ft, rather than town centre 200ft the difference could be 6" propper snow cover to 2" slush in centre! So really in borderline snow events ya want to be above 100m baring the odd exception. 

Edited by Harsh Climate

Posted

Gotta say though Sheffield area really is becoming snow capital of yorkshire, gotta have had the most big snow events since 2010. 

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 3