Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Still light snow though a heavier burst saw it stick on the road. Temp down to 0.1c. Judging by reports further south perhaps another few hours before it turns. Shame it will be gone in the morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
4 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Interesting, I have exactly the same temp and dewpoint and only 100m asl compared to your 150m, but I still have light snow.

Yeah it's a strange one. I'm further south is the only thing I can think of, whether 50m is not accounting for that I'm not sure. Just shows how super local weather can be, despite same apparent conditions.

I'll keep an eye on it, if that heavier area pushes in from the SW then the intensity could tip it maybe...

• Like 1

Posted

Very marginal here. Went to the gym a couple of hours ago as the snow didn't look like settling. Gym is near sea level, still nothing when I came out of the gym. Got back home to find a fresh cm or so of snow, which was a nice surprise.

Still coming down heavily here, but not sure how much more will accumulate, and expecting a gradual snow-rain transition overnight, so I think it'll likely all be gone by morning.

• Like 1

Posted

Snow has pepped up a little now - sticking everywhere. Temp still at 0.1c! Metoffice suggests a transition around midnight, which tallies with the models

Posted

Light snow here too for last couple of hours,   the road is covered again.

Temp is -0.2c but the tarmac is a bit above freezing as it's a bit slushy rather than icy.  Trees all coated again and no dripping above ground level though. 

Edited by Tim A

Posted
3 minutes ago, Harsh Climate said:

Moderate snow now here (63m) settling on most surfaces, a little bit wet, frustratingly about 30m just too low..

Temperatures still appear to be dropping, albeit very slightly - now down to 0.0c. It will turn soon, but you'll be good for a few hours yet (especially in any heavier bursts). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
5 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Temperatures still appear to be dropping, albeit very slightly - now down to 0.0c. It will turn soon, but you'll be good for a few hours yet (especially in any heavier bursts). 

Yep, same here in Barnsley.  Now down to 0c Temp and -0.2c Dewpoint and continuing to snow lightly and accumulate on all surfaces.  We’ve probably had about 1cm since it started mid afternoon, so not significant but a nice surprise as was unexpected.

Edited by SouthYorks
Typo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
8 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Its snowing here again and settling!

20231203_185737.thumb.jpg.a96db96c2a32c0778c8a3da11d4f6e7c.jpgScreenshot_20231203_190549_SmartMixin.thumb.jpg.a9bc946fcfbf2bd49ebf67be86980091.jpg

Good to see you back @Craigers  This morning I was wondering where you were, as you are usually fairly active in here when snow is on the menu! 😁

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow gradually melting in Lincoln with the temperature having recently crept above 2C and some intermittent light rain/drizzle. Most surfaces are still snow covered because of the extent of accumulations last night, but I reckon most or all of it will be gone by tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Posted

12 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Good to see you back @Craigers  This morning I was wondering where you were, as you are usually fairly active in here when snow is on the menu! 😁

Thank you dude, good to have everyone in here buzzing so early in winter. My chrome on the phone blocks net weather community! I'm back don't you worry! We've done well already with our 3rd dusting in 1 week

1.1c maximum today

Screenshot_20231203_193531_SmartMixin.thumb.jpg.f2ae4167aea1509ac0fd59aa5943035c.jpg

Edited by Craigers
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

0.7°c here in Bev with a DP of 0.3°C. Temp has been creeping down slowly about 0.1°C per hour so might get some snizzle before the warmth arrives! We cling on to hope by our fingertips in the wild East!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Foggy and wet in Scunny . Been light rain since late afternoon with temperatures hovering around 1.5 degrees to 2 .. 

Had about an inch of snow over night, the perfect stuff for snowmen and snowballs 😆 

All that's left now is a slushy mess. 

Definitely feeling warmer (obviously not tropical) compared to the last few days 

This cold spell is over for now but still praying for a Christmas miracle 🙏 

Waking up on the day with snow falling and a good covering would be amazing. But I like many know that the probability for this is sadly unlikely... 

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

Been snowing 10 minutes here in the Vale of York and starting to settle, at 25m. Currently 0.4C after high of 1.7C. Our third bout of settled snow already this winter! Radar says it's raining. Radar always used to be spot on but has sometimes reported wintery showers as rain in the last couple of years.

Edited by Aleman

Posted

Only snowed 20 minutes or so, though. Now light drizzle. Still only 0.4C. I could imagine a healthy snowfall on hills before the rain comes.

Edited by Aleman

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

I have just under an inch but mainly because it's quite wet snow. Snowed since about 4pm here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
7 minutes ago, Winter Cold said:

Still just rain here 🤣😥

Very annoying, work friend lives only a few miles away near Hoyland and they've got snow falling. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Very annoying, work friend lives only a few miles away near Hoyland and they've got snow falling. 

There's a cold pocket around the pennines I think

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still light snow here cars finally covered which has taken about four hours to do so.

Posted

Gone into town. Was snowing moderately all the way there, lying snow even down to low levels. Immediate city center just snowing but nothing lying. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)
8 minutes ago, Bradowl said:

Yeah it's been frustrating today. Snow all around but here it seems lol.

The hours of drizzle has ruined the laying snow now too, it's just potholed slush!