Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
11 minutes ago, Weegaz said:

I said I would not get hyped about any ‘potential’ this year and here I am posting charts 🤪

6D796B42-1CF0-46B2-9274-14F06A05A57B.gif

Indeed. Thursday morning looks like our first bite of the cherry, and hopefully more to follow after that. 

Bitterly cold by day and night for sure.

Posted
15 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Indeed. Thursday morning looks like our first bite of the cherry, and hopefully more to follow after that. 

Bitterly cold by day and night for sure.

I haven’t had time to survey much of the ramblings in the MOD thread, but it looks like possibly a cold spell rather than snap, hopefully so, makes it feel more like it should in my eyes in the run up to the big day

• Like 3

Posted
58 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Meto ice warning extended to Friday, I am not sure if all the areas included should be as I don't see much in the way of precipitation in the weather apps?

There's still a lot of moisture in the ground from the heavy rain of a few weeks ago, so I'm sure there will be ice around.

Posted
1 hour ago, mountain shadow said:

There's still a lot of moisture in the ground from the heavy rain of a few weeks ago, so I'm sure there will be ice around.

Aye suppose I am being IMBY with my observation that the roads and the paths are dry around here.

And as I type that we have a light shower 🤣

Posted
13 minutes ago, na52 said:

I'm 80% sure that we are going to get one of the options that the models think might happen.....possibly 🤔😂

Yes. The models have never handled cold periods very well. They're programmed for a West to East pattern, so struggle when it's East to West.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️

What a total wash out of a night! Been lashing here constantly since 6pm 🙄 Yet another lame duck cold forecast. Sorry for being a moan btw.😀  

Posted
4 minutes ago, Jeztec said:

What a total wash out of a night! Been lashing here constantly since 6pm 🙄 Yet another lame duck cold forecast. Sorry for being a moan btw.😀  

The all inclusive 528 dam line doesn't enter the north until 3am showers won't turn wintry in low lying area until then.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️
1 minute ago, booferking said:

The all inclusive 528 dam line doesn't enter the north until 3am showers won't turn wintry in low lying area until then.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Thankin you for the update sir. I'm a wee bit happier now knowing that things will hopefully change.

Posted

So, we're now into colder air but I'm not seeing a 2010 situation as yet in terms of widespread snowfall across the island. 

For the next 5 or 6 days, very little precipitation around with only areas exposed to the NE Wind likely to benefit with a little altitude needed.

After that the potential for heavy snow into the South as the Atlantic attacks, but for the rest of us, it's feeding off scraps.

• Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F

Warming up this week but looking mixed for Bank Holiday weekend

In the sunshine this week, it will feel warmer, with temperatures nudging up through the teens, even past 20C. However, the Bank Holiday weekend is looking a bit mixed. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts