Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
3 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

So, we're now into colder air but I'm not seeing a 2010 situation as yet in terms of widespread snowfall across the island. 

For the next 5 or 6 days, very little precipitation around with only areas exposed to the NE Wind likely to benefit with a little altitude needed.

After that the potential for heavy snow into the South as the Atlantic attacks, but for the rest of us, it's feeding off scraps.

For selfish reasons this isn't annoying me, but once I get this stuff done outside I demand that we have plenty of the white stuff 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

For selfish reasons this isn't annoying me, but once I get this stuff done outside I demand that we have plenty of the white stuff 

Just very frustrating that we have the coldest air in December since 2010 but it's too dry.

• Like 1

Posted

We are staying inside a 1012hpa pressure until at least middle of next week. Simply too high for any decent precipitation really. 

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Map, Atlas, Diagram, White Board, Nature, Outdoors

I suppose next Friday, which is an eternity with the models, as that crazy low moves off to the east it will drag a low with it from the north and that might produce something, but that will be at the end of the cold period on the current runs. So it's showers at best for the usual favoured places on the current output.

Could contain: Plot, Chart, Sea, Nature, Outdoors, Water, Map, Face, Person, Atlas

Still the door into my garage opens with ease for the first time in a few weeks, it's dried out. Getting the windows open too and letting the air through each day. Plus the sun is coming in this afternoon at my desk, room is 20 C with heating off. I love the sunny weather this time of year.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, booferking said:

If this event produce no lying snow its a complete fail in my eyes everything is in place and dry as a bone🙈

Yeh, very underwhelming.  

Small chance of ridge around Christmas for snow maybe, but this cold spell is going to go down as a waste of cold air.

Posted

Hi, hope everyone is doing well and keeping warm. I'm in two minds about this winter, on one hand I want nice cold days with a chance of snow and on the other hand I want cool but dry days so we can finish off the work being done to the house. Once the work is done then it can turn cold so we can find out if the work helps with keeping our house warm. I've also had solar installed so now I want sunny days.

I am also happy to say we've had a nice dusting of snow in the morning and it was still there in the shaded areas. Now I would love some more.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 🌨️❄️🌨️❄️

More moans from me I'm afraid. 😁 Its currently minus 1.5 and the dew point is 0, yet it raining!  Am I missing something? 🤫

Edited by Jeztec

Posted
13 minutes ago, Jeztec said:

More moans from me I'm afraid. 😁 Its currently minus 1.5 and the dew point is 0, yet it raining!  Am I missing something? 🤫

Their must be a warmer marine layer aloft that is melting the snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Was awful trying to walk the dog without breaking a hip tonight the whole place is like that up here.

Could contain: Path, Sidewalk, Walking, Street, Road, City, Grass, Tarmac, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

Was awful trying to walk the dog without breaking a hip tonight the whole place is like that up here.

Could contain: Path, Sidewalk, Walking, Street, Road, City, Grass, Tarmac, Outdoors, Nature

Nightmare! I dread to think what all the untreated roads and footpaths will be like in the morning. I don't know about everyone else, but its been raining off and on for the past 2 hours here on top of frozen ground.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy
14 minutes ago, Jeztec said:

Nightmare! I dread to think what all the untreated roads and footpaths will be like in the morning. I don't know about everyone else, but its been raining off and on for the past 2 hours here on top of frozen ground.

It seems to rain here which causes a slight thaw then it completely freezes over again. I'm out at 7 to take the wife to work my street is untreated so it'll be fun.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, gary1365 said:

It seems to rain here which causes a slight thaw then it completely freezes over again. I'm out at 7 to take the wife to work my street is untreated so it'll be fun.

It'll be fun indeed. Lets just hope we'll all see some kind of snow fall before the nights out. It'll make it a wee bit easier to drive and walk in.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Jeztec said:

It'll be fun indeed. Lets just hope we'll all see some kind of snow fall before the nights out. It'll make it a wee bit easier to drive and walk in.

Not neccesarily.  Could we worse,  with snow sitting on top of the ice, you won't see it.

Posted
14 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Not neccesarily.  Could we worse,  with snow sitting on top of the ice, you won't see it.

Good point there. I think we'd need a good dumping of snow to make any real difference, grip wise that is.  And way things are panning out at the minute , I very much doubt we are going to see that any time soon!

Posted
21 minutes ago, ForeverPomeroysnow said:

Must have been a wee shower of snow here during the night, have the slightest covering. Question folks, how are you uploading photos, when I go to add from files its just loading as an attachment instead of uploading the photo?

Try Other Media.

Glad you've had a covering.

Hard frost here this am, unfortunately I think most will see zero snow this cold spell.

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-02 07:37:13 Valid: 02/05/2024 0900 - 03/04/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Risk of thunderstorms overnight with lightning and hail

Northern France has warnings for thunderstorms for the start of May. With favourable ingredients of warm moist air, high CAPE and a warm front, southern Britain could see storms, hail and lightning. Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-05-01 08:45:04 Valid: 01/05/2024 0600 - 02/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - 01-02 MAY 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F