Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

HeVy rain this morning

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Very windy and wet throughout the night here and can still hear the rain belting against the windows.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Washing Machine still on this morning.

Bit ahead but....

h500slp.thumb.webp.627b549956c35d4fb0881b741aa0591c.webp

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Very windy and wet throughout the night here and can still hear the rain belting against the windows.

Driving down the M66 this morning was an adventure! Loads of deep lying water!

• Like 3

Posted

According to glossop Facebook pages snowing and laying on snake pass but snowing and not laying on woodhead pass… tipping it down here 2c yuck  

ho hum off to York whatever the weather 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing better than moderate sleet here but the Net Weather radar suggests it might be pelting down with snow over Kinder and adjacent areas.

A few small snow drifts remaining on the nearby hills here.

• Like 3

Posted

Had a feeling it would be wetter this morning than the whole of what we had yesterday, and it's proving correct.  Centre of the low pressure passing through encouraging potent clusters of showers to feed off the Irish Sea and merge together to give a right soaking.

NetWRad08122021.thumb.gif.15013b5604d82ac506244c43476cf085.gif

Edited by dodge
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Coldest t500s around late afternoon so heaviest showers should be around then.

no lightning yet but I expect there will be a few around later..

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Windy overnight into this morning (circa 50mph gusts max), lots of heavy showers and currently 6.2C... We've had a lot of rain the last few days.. An unreasonable amount to be honest. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

I really can't see what all of the doom and gloom is about. That HP on the 06Z would herald a change from the cool, wet, blustery regime to a sunny, frosty, foggy, dry spell. What's up with that? It's been a good while since we have had a nice HP sat slap, bang over the UK. I welcome it as I'm absolutely sick of this rain. It's rained almost every day so far this December. Yes, I know it's winter and in the UK that means 4-5 months of persistent rubbish. But we deserve a break.

And hey, could be worse. Could be a Barlett high *touch wood*.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Back in Derby on a round Robin for a usb memory stick that was forgotten last week. Weather was horrendous until Ashbourne. 

Sunny in Derby but I'm heading back into the weather again on my return trip. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.
1 hour ago, Backtrack said:

I really can't see what all of the doom and gloom is about. That HP on the 06Z would herald a change from the cool, wet, blustery regime to a sunny, frosty, foggy, dry spell. What's up with that? It's been a good while since we have had a nice HP sat slap, bang over the UK. I welcome it as I'm absolutely sick of this rain. It's rained almost every day so far this December. Yes, I know it's winter and in the UK that means 4-5 months of persistent rubbish. But we deserve a break.

I'm not sure it would be frosty to be honest. I can see it being cool, cloudy and quiet. It's not the worst thing in the world after all these storms. There will be a colder spell turning up around late December I think, when I think of these types of patterns from before. I think the high pressure forecast is quite extreme, and actually for coastal areas, it could bring some mild weather, day and night. Early spring if you will. From a personal point of view though, I'd much rather have 11C and sunshine in December than pouring rain and 5C. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 2

Posted

Quite a calm non-descript sort of early winter's day. It's stayed dry, light winds, bit of brightness and temp bang on average current high 5.7 degrees. 

Fells have a good cover of snow but there must have been some warmer uppers mixed in with the current low and the snow has that patchy look up to 750m on some fells. On Monday the east side of High Street range look like waves of cloud the snow very thick. Difference is the eastern faces of some hills are very rocky and snow is easily collected into gullies and ravines giving it less of a full cover appearance.

• Like 3

Posted

Gutter repaired. 
27FC15C2-A0B6-483C-8254-A51369AB7A63.thumb.jpeg.0569792143c03a5b38b040300068a9ad.jpeg

Cloud building up  

B48CFEE3-F033-40AB-AF82-4C262DEED1C2.thumb.jpeg.59b80720f81b9a8c44c3c4f4d587d5e5.jpeg

Locals Feeding time. 
42E94E5A-F88E-4C2C-BBD1-584E9E9AD4F1.thumb.jpeg.c58cd722bcdf46b1747173e830207d4f.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted

rain has been relentless today. Although there has only been showers, technically, there has been no break in the showers all day, it's behaving like lake effect precipitation. Unfortunately I don't have rainfall figures but since 3am at least it's been none stop heavy, even sometimes torrential showers, and I think we may well be over 60mm for the last 12 hour period.. flooding is going to be quite a problem on the north of the peninsula I think. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Rain has stopped and quite bright now with glimpses of the sun. Quite a stiff breeze and cold, suggesting it is from the NW.

Still horrible and rainy this side of Cheshire.  Quite a bit of tree debris strewn about when I walked to work this morning, soaked through when I got there.

• Like 4

Posted
On 08/12/2021 at 10:54, Backtrack said:

Euroslug. 

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Euroslug. 

That's a harsh insult.. he's not that bad surely. 

Edited by SP1986
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not the best of days here but rain was more of nuisance value than anything else.

glad I wasn’t under stuck under than feed of showers running across Bowland and up the Ribble Valley pretty much since first light.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
20 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Not the best of days here but rain was more of nuisance value than anything else.

glad I wasn’t under stuck under than feed of showers running across Bowland and up the Ribble Valley pretty much since first light.

That band of rain was over Bowland Hills is now moving south.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 3