Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Another squally rain band incoming ☔☔️ A wet & wild evening for any trick or treaters braving the weather  

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A fair bit of intensity to this band of rain/showers as it moves north while making painfully slow progress east.

as already mentioned, it’s going to be a wet evening for anyone doing their trick or treating although at least it won’t run the battery down as quick on our video door bell I suppose.

Thankfully I never put too much faith in the App forecasts but the BBC one has me down for heavy rain until lunchtime on Monday so hopefully this is unreliable as usual.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Luckily bonfire night is looking good now though should be under high pressure.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

How is there not even a yellow warning out for this wind? Some hefty gusts here and can hear things outside blowing over.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
On 31/10/2021 at 17:08, CreweCold said:

How is there not even a yellow warning out for this wind? Some hefty gusts here and can hear things outside blowing over.

Yes gale force here in the Peak District..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
On 31/10/2021 at 17:29, Polar Maritime said:

Yes gale force here in the Peak District..

over-land gales usually get a warning, so I'm not quite sure why there isn't one today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

over-land gales usually get a warning, so I'm not quite sure why there isn't one today.

Excuses would include...

Due to Covid, there is a staff shortage to write the warnings.

Its half term and the person who normally writes the warnings is on leave.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
2 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Excuses would include...

Due to Covid, there is a staff shortage to write the warnings.

Its half term and the person who normally writes the warnings is on leave.

Maybe they’re going to VAR it to see whether it warrants a yellow or red warning.

• Like 3

Posted

Quite a wave in the rain line, looks more like a waving front than the forecast trough.

Screenshot_20211031-174215.thumb.png.56cbcb7e2edb462ddfe8514474f34622.png

Back from a few days in Snowdonia, where the worst of the rain was always overnight, and Aber Falls are in spectacular full flow today.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well not a bad Halloween after all. Rain was mostly light and stopped for awhile. Had 30 trick or treaters come to the door. Even managed to do some fireworks.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
On 22/10/2021 at 06:31, SNOW_JOKE said:

A great day to have been out and about Castleton mid-week yesterday with not too many tourists about, but with a distinct chill in the shade especially down Cave Dale and in the shadow of Mam Tor, but out on the open limestone-plateau there was still some heat to the sun despite the wind. Its just a shame that in a little over a week's time the clocks go back once more and the sunset will be at 4:48pm, i'd rather keep the extra hour to squeeze out as much evening daylight as possible (much needed when we have the rare high-pressure days) than be worrying about heading to work in the dark.

01.thumb.jpg.df74ad4fc2990398cb8d39258f469f24.jpg247511978_176775017958024_5982047962577075372_n.thumb.jpg.f1c18337882a8a2aafabdf65c0767c52.jpg246237581_176771757958350_2129375394282274985_n.thumb.jpg.f542ad4a40cf31d5ca9249bb46565697.jpg

I know there was a proposal about a year ago to do away with the clock change and stay on summer time all year round, not sure what happened to it. The clocks going back for me mark the start of the darker, colder and wetter part of the year, and although it’s depressing it does feel kind of homely going home in semi-darkness at 4 pm.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
1 hour ago, Chris.R said:

Well not a bad Halloween after all. Rain was mostly light and stopped for awhile. Had 30 trick or treaters come to the door. Even managed to do some fireworks.

It’s been pretty poor here. Raining all morning then sunny around lunchtime then at 3 pm it suddenly went dark, then wind got up and it started lashing it down. Cold at only 9°C as well. 30 trick or treaters! Bloody hell! I haven’t had any trick or treaters for years.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It’s been pretty poor here. Raining all morning then sunny around lunchtime then at 3 pm it suddenly went dark, then wind got up and it started lashing it down. Cold at only 9°C as well. 30 trick or treaters! Bloody hell! I haven’t had any trick or treaters for years.

I think because we have the pumpkin and skeletons on the front door and things. Also seem like people were really wanting to enjoy themselves after not doing anything last year. Never expected that many though.

• Like 1

Posted

A mixed weekend here. Thankfully no flooding. Yesterday brought a window of dry weather early afternoon onwards and some sunshine which was very welcome. Today not the best.. but not a washout either. The early heavy rain cleared by mid morning and we had some drier spells until mid afternoon when a few heavy downpours occurred. Tomorrow looking very showery. All very typical fayre for the time of year.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

It’s early. 
I’m awake. 
Something to do with it being torrential and gusting across the fields. 

Lovely. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

AA3940F1-35B7-4311-8DFE-ADBA8A8E3715.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A dry start here, but rain soon incoming and a wet start to today for many, but should hopefully brighten up a bit later and after today looks like a reasonable week coming up with colder temperatures and hopefully the chance of some overnight frosts at last if we can catch some clear periods overnight. Maybe some showers at times, but looking like ideal conditions for bonfire night at the end of the week. Nothing worse than mild damp weather on 5 November.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 4

Posted

The heaviest rain as been a tad further North of here over the last few hours, but it's steadily making it's way southward.  Thankfully maybe not the shower-after-shower setup I was pondering yesterday as the latest forecast says better conditions later on

• Like 2

Posted
15 hours ago, CreweCold said:

The A51 was closed last night due to a tree down near the Rising Sun. I heard the door rattle and thought it was trick-and-treaters, but no-one there and I think it must have been the wind, perhaps the same gust that did it for the unfortunate tree. Still gusty this morning and a few spots of rain after a dry start.

• Like 1

Posted

I'm surprised there isn't even a yellow warning for rain issued by the Met over the NW for today, already localized flooding (mostly on the roads) is being reported around the Peaks, and with a few more hours of the rain yet to come before it eases things will get slightly worse before they get better.

• Like 6

Posted
WWW.MANCHESTEREVENINGNEWS.CO.UK

Rising river levels on the River Irwell could lead to flooding in low-lying areas the Environment Agency has warned

• Like 3

Posted

A very wet morning. Dry for a couple of hours before and I managed to go for a walk without getting soaked. Heavy shower just started now and looks like more on the way. 40.4 mm of rain so far today!

• Like 2

Posted

Make that 42.5 mm now lol.

• Like 3