Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion Feb 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Rain on and off today some of it heavy. Not been the best of days!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

New weather warning for rainfall for the Region early Sunday through to early Monday. I think this may be more widespread than this week's which didn't affect us in the south of the Region.

The rain band should be more fast moving than Wednesday and Thursday. Hopefully enough to not cause any flooding. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hope it doesn’t spoil Halloween

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Hope it doesn’t spoil Halloween

Yes not great timing. Tomorrow is a shorter window of less unsettled. Looking ahead to Bonfire Night might squeeze out some drier conditions. Indeed mid week looks chilly and settled and possible first widespread frost.. I'll take that.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

I don't know where the Scottish Regional thread has gone to, but this was Dumfries earlier.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Hope bonfire night is dry as I’ve got loads of pyro this year

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

prectypeuktopo.thumb.jpg.4d25721c240bb56fac2619f86a8f1e6f.jpg

12z 10-11-21

*BANK*

First arrow of the season.

• Like 6

Posted

Would love first snow of the season be on my birthday (10th November) very rare…. More seasonal high pressure would be welcome… with a bit of frost…

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Pretty much as forecast it’s a wet, windy start to the day up here.

just hope that pretty much as forecast, it quickly clears through and the afternoon onwards is a decent improvement.

• Like 4

Posted
9 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Would love first snow of the season be on my birthday (10th November) very rare…. More seasonal high pressure would be welcome… with a bit of frost…

Mines 25th Nov. 

Last real memorable snow was 1988 as was out in it!  Bowland Fell ridges Parlick to Wardstone Fells not really been seen since especially round these parts of the Fylde as you know. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
11 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Aurora possibly visible from high peak tonight 11am to 1am 

FB131FD5-EFA3-4EBE-8C7B-9D57A2D101BD.jpeg

Shame that my most restricted view from home is north but hopefully I will see the Northern Lights one day.

• Like 2

Posted

446B02E6-B88B-42AF-8772-D8DC05EBB71E.thumb.jpeg.9c48ca7275dfd16fcdb63829f01a3bbf.jpeg

Fairsnape Fell with a Tenacious Terrier! 
Snow “bailing up” on legs! 

25 November 1988. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Pretty much as forecast it’s a wet, windy start to the day up here.

just hope that pretty much as forecast, it quickly clears through and the afternoon onwards is a decent improvement.

Yeah, rain has cleared here now as forecast and brightening up as I write. Hopefully the sun will be out before I head to Gresty Road to see Crewe Alex trying to get off the bottom of League 1! 

• Like 1

Posted
32 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Yeah, rain has cleared here now as forecast and brightening up as I write. Hopefully the sun will be out before I head to Gresty Road to see Crewe Alex trying to get off the bottom of League 1! 

Similar problem myself, off to the Turf to see if Burnley can finally get their first league win of the season.
TBH I’m more expectant of a dry and sunny afternoon than 3 points.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

Mines 25th Nov. 

Last real memorable snow was 1988 as was out in it!  Bowland Fell ridges Parlick to Wardstone Fells not really been seen since especially round these parts of the Fylde as you know. 

I've usually had a dose of snow by end of November, by walking in the fells. Rare to get to the end of November without snow on the fells. In some years quite low ground has had a decent cover.. 200m up. Not often we retain snow cover all day below this level.. last time probably 2010. Though 2016 brought localised valley snow that stuck all day.

• Like 5

Posted

Hope I’m right with the year but I’m pretty certain that on this date in 2000, rain turned to snow and dropped 3-4 inches as a vigorous depression cleared through.

• Like 5

Posted
53 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Hope I’m right with the year but I’m pretty certain that on this date in 2000, rain turned to snow and dropped 3-4 inches as a vigorous depression cleared through.

Yes sounds right. High lapse rates and evaporative cooling caused by undercut of cold uppers turned the rain to snow..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Absolutely glorious so far here today, mostly sunny, cooler temperatures and a nice stiff breeze. 

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

Absolutely glorious so far here today, mostly sunny, cooler temperatures and a nice stiff breeze. 

Brightened up here over the last couple of hours but showers never look far away.

some lovely autumn colours on the trees now although the rain and wind of the last couple of days has already stripped many of the leaves.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
On 30/10/2021 at 13:07, iand61 said:

Brightened up here over the last couple of hours but showers never look far away.

some lovely autumn colours on the trees now although the rain and wind of the last couple of days has already stripped many of the leaves.

Yeah, a small corridor of showers heading your way by the looks of it. However, I think things will stay dry in this part of the region given the angle of attack from the WSW as the showers are being gobbled up by the Welsh hills/mountains.

• Like 4

Posted

Yep nice clearance now after the early rain.  Fresh and clean air too.  Good to hear the flooding of the past two days wasn't as severe as it could have been for Cumbria and western upslopes.  At least next week I won't be travelling to work in the dark...but I might be coming home with the lights on.  Make the most of the 'free' hour tonight.  The long dark nights are upon us.

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, dodge said:

Yep nice clearance now after the early rain.  Fresh and clean air too.  Good to hear the flooding of the past two days wasn't as severe as it could have been for Cumbria and western upslopes.  At least next week I won't be travelling to work in the dark...but I might be coming home with the lights on.  Make the most of the 'free' hour tonight.  The long dark nights are upon us.

Yes we have a sunny afternoon.. so the descent into dusk will be later than had it been an overcast wet one.. make the most of it! We won't see such light in the afternoon for a good 4 months!

• Like 5