Cold?
IGNORED

Storms and Convective discussion - 25th July 2021 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, lightning and erm thunder

So strange to watch with frozen toes 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

image.png.1c3738a63f31a3d5e4596ec47eb65da6.png

I was hoping the image would be larger than that but you can sort of see it

Edited by matt111
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty

Did anyone see where Wales was hit by a tornado Wednesday.

3500.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Tornado with speeds of up to 114mph swept up sheep and caused extensive damage to farm in Pennal

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

CW have issued an outlook for tonight, primarily for the chance of late night elevated storms into the Scilly Isles; promising signs for tomorrow, which ECM remains very interested in

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes & stormy winters. Facebook @ Lance's Lightning Shots

The high-res models think Dorset and areas to the north of it may be the sweet spot for elevated cells breaking out from midnight onward tomorrow night. I would guess that as is usual, this is subject to eastward corrections...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

From a couple of nights ago 

Edited by matt111
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Current thinking is highest risk area, Weymouth/Bournemouth to approx just E of IOW, then northwards towards M4. Steering flow more Northerly compared to typical plume events, so remains to be seen whether the typical eastward corrections occur. Will be a good case study and learning experience to look back on.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, matt111 said:

That was the view from Southampton? Blimey, I wish I was out pointing my camera into the channel for that one. Nearly 5am though... 

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Current thinking is highest risk area, Weymouth/Bournemouth to approx just E of IOW, then northwards towards M4. Steering flow more Northerly compared to typical plume events, so remains to be seen whether the typical eastward corrections occur. Will be a good case study and learning experience to look back on.

Thanks Ben. Seems 'the island' is in with a fair shot. I first posted about this possible plume last Monday I think it was in the model thread, but I didn't think we'd actually end up looking at a genuine chance for elevated thunderstorms this early in the year! 

• Like 2

Bank - but even 24-30hrs out we all know the favoured model spots never end up with a hit. I’d bet my house it’s IOW east, if anything at all occurs.

3939474F-FF48-4443-8B6B-651B45E1116B.jpeg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

That is crazy outshooting of the lightning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
15 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Bank - but even 24-30hrs out we all know the favoured model spots never end up with a hit. I’d bet my house it’s IOW east, if anything at all occurs.

3939474F-FF48-4443-8B6B-651B45E1116B.jpeg

Seems to be that way every time doesn't it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

UKV from 10pm tomorrow night until 6am Wed morning.

nmmukprate.thumb.webp.436447a1363858e485366c86663bdbb6.webp1046942914_nmmukprate(1).thumb.webp.63fd820cf149977aac7c72684e7bfe0a.webp1072652100_nmmukprate(2).thumb.webp.f2b9059630095ff928afe389dcd24348.webp1911126891_nmmukprate(3).thumb.webp.d6faf1ac517490f9f5e5c788117e9439.webp1889120782_nmmukprate(4).thumb.webp.b5924de2a5a56d3965a02bb60856bcc9.webp1985572997_nmmukprate(5).thumb.webp.da6adc7ba128a997018a755c75a01f32.webp1193282980_nmmukprate(6).thumb.webp.f0ba1c99c21467b522f697f990e8a2d8.webp1175226591_nmmukprate(7).thumb.webp.e8d04d85101089fd0496b192f8f1efa9.webp1214552081_nmmukprate(8).thumb.webp.72b98eee60d108972a3b98a1d3b6f926.webp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Re tomorrow night, Tuesday morning; I think it's pretty low risk, more likely to be heavy bursts of showery rain. Any electrical activity will stay across the channel.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nice to see this early in the season though. Hopefully, we see more in the way of low pressure anchored out to the west, pumping warm and humid air up from the south, as we head towards summer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Nice to see this early in the season though. Hopefully, we see more in the way of low pressure anchored out to the west, pumping warm and humid air up from the south, as we head towards summer. 

We are overdue a wet Summer, hopefully this is it.   Wet summer = +TSRA

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

I remember some absolute deluges in the wet summers of 2007 and 2012 (I might be wrong about those specific years), and yeah, as much as Joe public would claim every UK summer is wet, we really are overdue one, but I can't help think maybe they're a thing of the past. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Robbie Garrett said:

Last summer was extremely wet in the south. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Yes, but compared to the 00s, I don't think our Summers are as wet as them. 2012 was a wet one all over.

When I was a kid in the 90s, I remember going down East Street Market with my grandparents, getting drenched, going for Pie & Mash and getting drenched lol.

22 minutes ago, Alderc said:

Last summer was extremely wet in the south. 

25 minutes ago, Lance M said:

I remember some absolute deluges in the wet summers of 2007 and 2012 (I might be wrong about those specific years), and yeah, as much as Joe public would claim every UK summer is wet, we really are overdue one, but I can't help think maybe they're a thing of the past. I hope I'm wrong about that though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

image.thumb.png.b2aa8354e012aaef2de9d498d475d49f.png

CW forecast out.

WWW.CONVECTIVEWEATHER.CO.UK

Forecasting thunderstorms and severe convective weather across the British Isles and Ireland for up to the next 5 days.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Tempted to say models look a little better, if anything, than they did before I went to bed. The slightest eastward correction has happened on Arome. 

Already plenty of activity in the far south west, which is a good sign.