Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
8 minutes ago, Bogman said:

Warnings out for snow and wind.

Red warnings oop north. Bugger.

The wind they can keep

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Nice heavy rain this morning some wind but not enough to turn me brolly inside out. However it blew the rain at me and the brolly was useless. le sigh.

Under a yellow for snow and can feel it's cooler out. Thankful this is all happening when i don't need to go out.

well i never a snow warning in november.

• Like 2

Posted

I honestly can't remember a red warning. They are as rare as hens teeth. Has anyone also had a chuckle that the M25 snow shield is in fact in fantastic operation tomorrow. Also the wind warnings get to Norwich then go inland but the m25 bend and curve lol

• Like 1

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 10:21, bluearmy said:

Dp’s even less workable on the gfs 06z 

this will inevitably become a nowcasting event - expect nothing and if you get lucky - what a lovely surprise ! 

That's the beauty of marginality...will it wont it .. if we had a covering all winter we would wonder what all.fuss was.about ..coz it would be run of the mill ..it's brightened up here..feels warmer. .winds dropped but now just picking up again .. better pic looking south east

20211126_105435.jpg

16379250404581445064584.jpg

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I'm happy we are not in the Red warning area for Wind, The outside Christmas decorations will end up over in the Channel!

Some of the Christmas Markets kicks-off tomorrow, they'll be fun trip for some!

• Like 1

Posted

More than happy not to be in the red warning area, in fact, have we ever had a red warning in EA?  The yellow doesnt quite reach here either, but I imagine the wind will be quite blustery still. Currently 7c and in a lull of the rain showers, which will no doubt be back later on, seems quite a soggy night in store.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well the wind is here, and i noticed a passing shower with some nice mammatus cloud on it.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Dundeeguy said:

Hi guys, currently in the red warning area in Dundee, currently a snow blizzard here and winds I’ve never seen the likes of before, schools are closing early too. 

Enjoy the blizzards, must be great to watch, but stay safe up there  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Like to mention that with the potential for snow showers there's the potential for THUNDERSNOW, or at least 1 rumble
image.thumb.png.f1cb560888b4ae85981a5903204354ed.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything below 0c or above 20c. Also love a good thunderstorm!
On 26/11/2021 at 13:20, Seasonal Trim said:

I'm actually cheesed off that we're not even in a yellow warning area for anything. The extremes are what I'm in this for. Never get them in the SE! 

Good afternoon, I wouldn't think too much into it or spend emotion! The warning areas are always very broad where fuzzy edges would be more accurate in reality! Today and tomorrow is a nowcast situation where anywhere might be lucky to see a few flakes. 

Also, yes, winter isn't the season of interest generally in SE/E England (except North Sea Streamers) but in Summer extremes do happen this way and what with CC, will continue to increase. I am of course thinking of heat and humidity which I appreciate seems either in the distant past or distant future on a day like today! 

All in all, don't despair!

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 13:47, Dami said:

well the wind is here, and i noticed a passing shower with some nice mammatus cloud on it.

Sorry about your wind problem, D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

think we could see snow falling out the sky at some point,which is better than nothing and better than the met seem able to mention less than 24 hours ago.

their forecasts are poor recently only going for 8cm over  Scottish mountains for example

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

More than happy not to be in the red warning area, in fact, have we ever had a red warning in EA?  The yellow doesnt quite reach here either, but I imagine the wind will be quite blustery still. Currently 7c and in a lull of the rain showers, which will no doubt be back later on, seems quite a soggy night in store.

Pretty sure there was a red snow warning in Dec 2009 in the Bucks area. 

My postcode is inside the wind and snow warning areas, but being in the valley, I'm expecting northing more than breezy sleet!

Posted

I think you are right but it was issued very late. That really was a now cast situation on Feb 1st 2009 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 26/11/2021 at 10:52, Sparky68 said:

The wind they can keep

Can't agree more, don't need anything that strong down here. Been scared of wind storms since 87, hopefully it's not that bad up there, but wind direction might take more trees, than usual, hopefully people bare that in mind.

Posted

Well a bit early I know but we've just had a sleety (yes sleety) shower near Cambs, with hail and a definite inclusion of icy slush within the rain. Caught me a bit by surprise! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
On 26/11/2021 at 11:07, Jimmyh said:

I honestly can't remember a red warning. They are as rare as hens teeth. Has anyone also had a chuckle that the M25 snow shield is in fact in fantastic operation tomorrow. Also the wind warnings get to Norwich then go inland but the m25 bend and curve lol

Factoring in London's heat island most likely, and for Kent sea temps.

Posted

local warning  here now for saterday of winds up 70+ could get a little bit interesting here  on the coast

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Factoring in London's heat island most likely, and for Kent sea temps.

Don't disagree with that Alexis just made me chuckle the way it bent round the M25

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Hi all, hope everyone’s ok. 

it’s that time of the year again! Slight difference this year for me as In 3 weeks I am moving from Farnham, Surrey to Aberdeenshire! As some of you may remember I lost both parents last year and we made the decision to sell up and move where the snow falls!!!  We will be a bit east of the Cairngorms so hopefully we will get a fair bit!  Unlike all years I’m praying for no snow before we move!! Won’t be an easy journey at the best of times! It’s certainly snowing there today!! X 

• Like 8