Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted

Those showers keep on coming down the east coast, nothing white in them yet here, just cold rain, temp 9c, definitely feeling more chilly today, had to resort to some heating during the day, so far managed to keep it to a minimum this autumn, but think its time to give in unfortunately and crank the bills up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

What is all the excitement about in the MOD thread, all the forecasts on TV are saying 6 degrees and maybe a shower or two, that sounds pants to me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
On 21/11/2021 at 13:52, lassie23 said:

What is all the excitement about in the MOD thread, all the forecasts on TV are saying 6 degrees and maybe a shower or two, that sounds pants to me.

Because we all trust the weather on the TV, most of the snow is more likely to happen later next week so basically at day 10 and we all know day 10 is the best day for model verification

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Because we all trust the weather on the TV, most of the snow is more likely to happen later next week so basically at day 10 and we all know day 10 is the best day for model verification

How is it looking today has it all gone tights up yet?

• Like 1

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 14:08, lassie23 said:

How is it looking today has it all gone tights up yet?

Latest runs have been weaker than yesterday's but I think it would probably be better to wait and see
image.thumb.png.eac1d94d37397cc157c35a99485b51d7.png

Edited by Eagle Eye
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
3 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Happens every winter, certain posters will do anything to get attention from posting their 10 day charts with extreme blizzards, record depth snow etc, blah blah blah, Then throw their dummies out the pram when it changes on day 9 lol

• Like 3

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 17:12, slater said:

Happens every winter, certain posters will do anything to get attention from posting their 10 day charts with extreme blizzards, record depth snow etc, blah blah blah, Then throw their dummies out the pram when it changes on day 9 lol

If I see blizzards at day 10 I mostly would say things like welcome to the mad house lol, I try to ramp whilst keeping it real

Edited by Eagle Eye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
15 minutes ago, slater said:

Maybe some peeps are vying for a certain vacancy? GFS is crap = 10 likes, GFS always adjusts westwards = 9 likes, OMG, look at those snow depths = 8 likes, Get the cold in first and the snow will follow: it depends on who you are!

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
On 20/11/2021 at 13:45, Eagle Eye said:

I know this isn't exactly weather but we went past a light a few days ago that had a sign on it from the Kent county council saying out of order, when it was working on full brightness

that's K.C.C all over ...you wouldnt ask them to plan a kids party ,and their planning is...there isn't any .. :-{

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Maybe some peeps are vying for a certain vacancy? GFS is crap = 10 likes, GFS always adjusts westwards = 9 likes, OMG, look at those snow depths = 8 likes, Get the cold in first and the snow will follow: it depends on who you are!

Which one is smelling the coffee, tea, or bovril, and has it taken baby steps towards Narnia?

• Like 2

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 19:11, lassie23 said:

Which one is smelling the coffee, tea, or bovril, and has it taken baby steps towards Narnia?

The CFS at 1028 hours probably

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

The CFS at 1028 hours probably

That sounds nailed , i'm off to buy some snow boots

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
On 20/11/2021 at 07:56, bluebell said:

Down at Portland Bill for some climbing and walking this weekend. Rain over night pattering on the van roof, but the cloud looks to be clearing away. Left with some stunning scenery.7C4AD1E3-99C4-4952-941D-C17EFD947F20.thumb.jpeg.434252fdddb1a10634d9fc5b02f94b2a.jpeg73DC924E-9BDB-4DFC-BF0E-DD5A1B72F91C.thumb.jpeg.1e44df0e3a2e802a20b39c0b0a0278dc.jpeg

Lucky you!  I hope you had a great time.  This is a special place in our family - my father was born and brought up on the Isle of Portland and we still have family there.  Have wonderful childhood memories of watching awesome waves at Chesil Beach on windy days and on stormy days watching from the safety of the Heights.  Did you climb Pulpit Rock out at the Bill for a bit of fun?  I last dragged myself up it on Remembrance Sunday in November 2016, the day I took this photo from the ceremony at the Portland Cenotaph (my dear dad wanted to be at the ceremony to remember his school friends who died in the second world war). 

Chesil November 2016.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
2 minutes ago, Soaring Hawk said:

Lucky you!  I hope you have a great time.  This is a special place in our family - my father was born and brought up on the Isle of Portland and we still have family there.  Have wonderful childhood memories of watching awesome waves at Chesil Beach on windy days and on stormy days watching from the safety of the Heights.  Did you climb Pulpit Rock out at the Bill for a bit of fun?  I last dragged myself up it on Remembrance Sunday in November 2016, the day I took this photo from the ceremony at the Portland Cenotaph (my dear dad wanted to be at the ceremony to remember his school friends who died in the second world war). 

Chesil November 2016.jpg

Hi! Lovely to hear your story of Portland & about your dad. I went there as a child also and then more recent years with my local climbing club. Didn’t scale pulpit rock this time around, I went up a few years back! However did go up the lighthouse. Today was lovely and sunny and I took a photo of Chesil beach almost exactly where your photo was taken, by the Cenotaph before going to the Portland Heights Cafe for lunch! 
It is a special place I love scenery in all weathers, it has its own atmosphere! 

A9C749E5-B111-47A9-B83B-D9DF80DADF1B.thumb.jpeg.a13fc6933f0f9afd270ca416cd871888.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Early morning sun gave way to some heavy could but that cleared mid morning to leave a dry and sunny day.  Top temp was 8.9c at 37 minutes after midnight when the wind was still from a WNW direction.  Currently 3.8c with 86% humidity.  Wind is currently 2mph from a NW direction, but was gusting to 21mph from a NNW direction early afternoon and feeling bitter when out with the dog.  Pressure 1023.9hPa rising slowly.  No rain, sleet or white stuff has fallen in the last 24 hours.  

Posted
2 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Hi! Lovely to hear your story of Portland & about your dad. I went there as a child also and then more recent years with my local climbing club. Didn’t scale pulpit rock this time around, I went up a few years back! However did go up the lighthouse. Today was lovely and sunny and I took a photo of Chesil beach almost exactly where your photo was taken, by the Cenotaph before going to the Portland Heights Cafe for lunch! 
It is a special place I love scenery in all weathers, it has its own atmosphere! 

A9C749E5-B111-47A9-B83B-D9DF80DADF1B.thumb.jpeg.a13fc6933f0f9afd270ca416cd871888.jpeg

Glad you had good weather for going up the lighthouse, the views must have been spectacular today.  Ha, the only difference in our photos is that you've captured a couple of seagulls - and the bushes have grown a bit! 

• Like 1

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 17:24, Ed Stone said:

Vacancy....what one ..theirs is loads up for grabs ..you have the people who look beyond the isobars and tele connections ..mountain torque throws a spanner or two into their works ..so ..then you have upper atmosphere crew ..or gurus..they have a bit of lee way coz of lag ..plus they dont quite know  where its gonna bottom out so  they are  aloud a bit of discrepancy, then there  is us bods on the ground ..observers for umpteen years ..run of the mill we are ..we know  (locally  ) it runs  on sods law ..when sods law breaks down ..you know, we  have half a chance

• Like 2

Posted
On 21/11/2021 at 23:18, TN9 said:

Vacancy....what one ..theirs is loads up for grabs ..you have the people who look beyond the isobars and tele connections ..mountain torque throws a spanner or two into their works ..so ..then you have upper atmosphere crew ..or gurus..they have a bit of lee way coz of lag ..plus they dont quite know  where its gonna bottom out so  they are  aloud a bit of discrepancy, then there  is us bods on the ground ..observers for umpteen years ..run of the mill we are ..we know  (locally  ) it runs  on sods law ..when sods law breaks down ..you know, we  have half a chance

well what with what Nick says (winter update ). a. Bit of a free for all..but steve did say...too get a snow cover from beach to highest tip in Kent your looking @ -9 850 s..says it all really don't it ..but generally speaking ..so we have a chance end of Jan ...feb when all is  at its coldest ..that's it for here i reckon ..only way out is not running A M O C but turning it off 

Edited by TN9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Beautiful morning here, if a bit damp. Sky is that deep rich blue that you only really get in winter with the low sun.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Cold and sunny start at 3c. Now already up to 10c? wasn't it suppose to be a cold week?