Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted

Considering our local forecast was for overcast and cloudy today, its been a pretty good day, mild to start and sunshine most of the day until around 3pm when the cloud started to come over, top temp 15c.

Posted

Good start to November here. Mainly dry and mild with plenty of sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Dreary morning here with drizzly rain and not even a breeze. Temp stuck at 10C. The satellite image and fax chart clearly show the problem, with 3 different fronts straddling the Region and not much in the way of cloud breaks looking likely (SE corner looking best placed for any sunny spells on offer). But nice how the low sun lit up the fronts when viewed from space.

Satellite 09.45: 957607982_Satellite10Nov09_45.thumb.jpg.6bb49c76ecbe84e4820b4b0bbc14fa43.jpg Fax chart 06.00: 374945447_FaxChart10Nov.thumb.jpg.46879d8293e9467a1a5d4397f4a932be.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny
On 07/11/2021 at 15:07, Blazerblue said:

Sorry you have such horrific (and the swear filter wouldnt allow what I would actually like to call them), neighbours, hope doggie is ok today. Mine was already stressed from the previous night and in fact we didnt really have that many, but it only takes one to set him off, so was in a state before the local display started (which is maybe 5-6 miles away but he can still hear them), and today has his usual stress stomach runs. Hopefully tonight will be quieter for us all .

Been a largely sunny day here, 12c reached again, but with the nagging cold wind, washing been on the line all day but still not quite dry. 

I hope Sunday night was quieter for you?  I also hope your poor boy  has settled now and his stomach is back to normal.   Mine was in meltdown again Sunday evening; we had a neighbouring village firework and despite Classic FM turned up very loud and around 3-4 miles away he could still hear enough to get a massive anxiety attack again.  He's also been very clingy since; needing constant strokes and reassurance; he's taken to leaning against my legs with my foot pinned to the floor by him deliberately standing on it.  It's almost as though his own home no longer feels safe.  He'll get relaxed just in time for the ASBO neighbour to let off New Year fireworks I expect 

Today turned out to be mostly sunny and feeling pleasantly mild.  Max temp of 16c at 13:22 after an overnight low of 10.9 at 05:30 (a tad warmer than yesterday lunchtime).  Currently 12c with 83% humidity.  Wind 1 mph from south westerly direction so barely a breeze really.  Pressure 1022.3hPa steady.  No rain has fallen in the last 24 hours.  The month total so far is only 1.8mm and have been watering the vegetable plots to keep the biodegradable cardboard mulch moist.   

This was yesterday's weather report - for some reason this didn't upload last night???

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Existing in a weird timewarp
  • Like 1

Posted

Today, by which I mean Wednesday 10th November, has been a damp, dreich, flat miserable day weather wise.  Hours of fine drizzle and feeling chilly with a max of 13c and 11:59. Currently 11c with 93% humidity.  Currently no wind.  Weather station has no wind recordings since 13:00 after a heady 4mph was measured at 07:30 this morning.  Pressure 1023.1 steady.

Today's weather highlight    Hmm, will need to sleep on it.  Night all. 

Posted

@Soaring Hawk yes my boy has just about got over the trauma and almost (except being a constant shadow) back to normal and indeed, just love being bounced on and woken up at about half 11 NYE! 

Weather here yesterday was awful, a fine misty drizzle most of the day, only interrupted by a heavier drizzle now and then, with no breeze to move it along.

This morning we have light fog/mist without drizzle and feeling quite mild, might see some sunshine today if the wind blows the cloud away, thats if we get any wind to do that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

So good people of the South East , what do you think our chances of snow are this winter ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

The sun has just emerged behind the typical dense November gloom, and where light appears darkness cannot overcome it. The sun gave the trees around a bright glow, the photo doesn’t do it justice but you get the idea.. C385DB29-8893-4133-A8DA-BF950467057F.thumb.jpeg.1e396e5a11f46ffe996c52836b07ab3a.jpeg81EDAAED-FED8-490F-ACCA-83908C8AB440.thumb.jpeg.b0b061c73657472ca4d68b55d2a6674e.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

WOW, what a sunset but as I've got no phone right now all I've got is my friend's portrait picture and my camera's pictures when I got home
thumbnail_IMG_0357.thumb.jpg.3289055069fe329ec2583f859b54852f.jpg
image.thumb.png.d9d35252ac40b81e87252a15b0c8b6ae.pngimage.thumb.png.2a0e916add535280ee65121976ca74a8.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

The moon last night was incredible on camera, this is at something like x53 zoom and there's hardly any blur
image.thumb.png.a6c4dec4f18781a2fd18a27b33e179a3.png

• Like 6

Posted
On 11/11/2021 at 12:38, Sparky68 said:

So good people of the South East , what do you think our chances of snow are this winter ?

Well I would say same it ever was ,but models throw, GFS does later in run cold northerlies  (I tend not to really look @ others)but south east as an area is relatively big ,snow is fickle here (Tonbridge) at best of times ,see to me your well north ,other side of the magical winter  line any way ,your east Anglian friends would be a better bet to ask ..local ,all the best ,if you wanted or didn't want it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Some sunshine poking through now after another grottyish day...again mild, when will this stop?

Posted

Non stop drizzle/light rain showers here, put washing out early on when there was nothing and now its wetter than when it came out the machine, stuff it, it can stay out now and hope to dry a bit tomorrow, so much for a decent weekend, albeit slightly cloudy, flipping awful here.

Posted
On 14/11/2021 at 19:21, Blazerblue said:

Rinse, repeat from yesterday, with maybe a little less drizzle. Blurgh. 

well ,considering the time year ,cop26 ,people saying ,especially little islands, this is it , we have had it ,other people trying to out run fires ,floods ,all sorts of  out of sequence occurrences , drought , etc etc. here{my part of Kent ,not our coastal friends or inland city dwellers, here mid Kent ,like blazer above says  to comment on the ferocity of drizzle   ,is as good as  it gets #:-)

Edited by TN9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Another dank day here in Locksbottom with a bit of drizzle again around the middle of the day into the early afternoon.Didn’t feel that cold though (12 degrees)and thankfully heating didn’t come on again today.Looking at Mod thread this time next week thinks may start to get colder and the month could close out with a cold spell.That is some way off though but it will be interesting how that develops and by Thursday think we will know if we may have our first taste of Winter 2021-22!!

Posted
4 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

The sun has come out 

Relief to know its still up there........somewhere. Not a glimpse for days, but at least today has only been really cloudy and dull, no drizzle so thats an improvement over the weekend.

Posted

What a gloomy weekend, low heavy cloud Saturday and yesterday made it dark at 4:30pm.  Today's top temp was 13c at 13:54.  Currently 4.6c with 91% humidity.  A hot water bottle night methinks.

Low wind speeds, or total absence, the last few days have played havoc with the picture quality on the TV.  Must get an expert around to update the aerial and position it correctly to line up with nearest transmitter.  Current no wind being recorded.  

Pressure is 1026.2hPa steady.  No rain has fallen in the last 24 hours.  In fact only 0.4mm recorded since midday Friday.  

Weather highlight today: The sun made an appearance early afternoon - unfortunately had three back to back meetings so couldn't nip out to take photos of the trees; the colours of which would have been lovely in the sun.