Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London and East Anglia regional discussion - 5th Sept 21 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

1st bit of frost on the car this morning at 4:30am. Feels bitter out now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

It is FI at +240.

But ladies and gents, the first blob of winter!

image.thumb.png.5a3fa17ed492281fe265e354dd7f42a1.png

ALL HAIL THE BLOB

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
On 15/11/2021 at 16:54, Blazerblue said:

Relief to know its still up there........somewhere. Not a glimpse for days, but at least today has only been really cloudy and dull, no drizzle so thats an improvement over the weekend.

It is a shame the clearance never really got across the whole region.

Same story overnight with a frost in western parts of the region under clear skies.

Alas the cloud has spread in from the south west now.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Temps definitely higher because of cloud cover a low of 8.1 here overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Enough frost at 7am to require windscreen clearance.  But what a welcome and delightful sunny start to the day!  Max temp today 11c at 12:57 after an overnight low of 0.8c.  Currently 9.4C with 90% humidity.  Another very light or non existent wind day; currently 3mph with average 2 min speed of 3.1 and 10 minute average of 2.6mph.  Pressure 1018.7hPa steady.   0.4mm of rain has fallen in the last 24 hours. 

Weather highlight of the day -  after the clear cold night, the early sun treated us to picture perfect blue sky and a beauty parade of autumn colours.  A couple of photos of my and neighbour's (not the ASBO ones) taken this morning

PS: Anyone else up in the night and noticed an almost red moon?  I took some photos with iphone just after 3am but they came out looking like a deep orange ball -  Note to self: must put cameras on bedside table for random nocturnal lunar photo opportunities. 

16 November sun.jpg

16 November 21.jpg

Edited by Soaring Hawk
Spelling mistook
  • Like 6

Posted
On 16/11/2021 at 08:55, throwoff said:

It is FI at +240.

But ladies and gents, the first blob of winter!

image.thumb.png.5a3fa17ed492281fe265e354dd7f42a1.png

ALL HAIL THE BLOB

Let's hope so ...I do think any low pressure spinning about over the Azores gives us a chance ..keeps the high pinned up towards Greenland ..but if other factors are against it (usually are) then it's like trying to keep fine sand in your hands ..poetic but frustrating :-(

Posted

Breaking News from the East of EA, we have blue skies with wispy white clouds and the sun is out, although from my small north facing garden it isnt going to make itself known until next April year. How long before the cloud comes back from the north sea nobody knows, temp currently 7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, lovely to see the sun for the 2nd day running. Got down to a more seasonal 5C overnight. Feels chilly out this morning. Next week looking more like proper chilly weather though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Typically the cloud cleared after dark yesterday leaving another chilly night. Luckily we have hazy sunshine this morning. 
Looks like it will turn colder on Sunday with temperature remaining in single figures probably for the foreseeable.

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

I remain underwhelmed by the prospect of a Greenland High as is being mooted by the models for next week; they seldom provide anything better than 5 -7 degrees and cold rain for the SE.  This is based on empirical observation over the years. Even Icelandic highs tend to produce little in the way of proper wintry conditions down here. The track is just too far (less of a northern ice pack these days as well) and too mild by the time it reaches us.  Give me a Scandinavian High, now that is the holy grail. NE, ENE or E winds off a cold continent really do cut the proverbial mustard. 

• Like 1

Posted

Well at least something more seasonal looks upon us next week. Finer details yet to be determined of course. I’d imagine this thread will be getting a bit livelier soon! It’s good to be back ❄️ 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

A lot of chatter in the MoD thread regarding a cold Arctic blast, enjoyable to read all the excited analysis. Will be a shock to the system if the temps do drop, it feels chilly out there now under clear skies, colder than the 8 degrees my weather station reports! The touted date around 26th November for snow had me briefly concerned as my neighbour is having a big 60Th birthday bash with friends travelling from all over, however I came to my senses, after all snow in Bexhill or anywhere on our strip really is as rare as hens , especially in November  so I will park that worry for now! 

• Like 1

Posted

Beeb weather app going for sleet symbols on Friday 26th, so rain it is then  As for today stayed mostly sunny(ish) reached the dizzy height of 11c, dropped down now to around 8c, but not looking like it will get much lower than 5/6c overnight.

• Like 1

Posted

It’s certainly good to be back talking of a potential cold spell in November. Last time…2010 ?? Nice to see the days ticking down on the models too and not just talking about day 10 like last winter! 
Bring on 21/22!⛄❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Evening all, first foray in here for this winter. Hope you are all well. I must say I thought it might be busier… my socials are full of snow predictions for next week?!? Surely not?! Fingers crossed though, some of the charts I’ve seen floating around are pretty exciting! 

Happy snowchasing y’all, let’s hope 21/22 is a winter to remember for all the right reasons eh?! 

Posted
On 17/11/2021 at 17:35, bluebell said:

A lot of chatter in the MoD thread regarding a cold Arctic blast, enjoyable to read all the excited analysis. Will be a shock to the system if the temps do drop, it feels chilly out there now under clear skies, colder than the 8 degrees my weather station reports! The touted date around 26th November for snow had me briefly concerned as my neighbour is having a big 60Th birthday bash with friends travelling from all over, however I came to my senses, after all snow in Bexhill or anywhere on our strip really is as rare as hens , especially in November  so I will park that worry for now! 

no don't worry , gfs has  had a glitch ,even if its spot on, like canalboy says, your be lucky to pull a covering out of that here ,but this is still good ,cant moan ,gale force wind ,biting wind chill ,like last year ,if cold rain was snow  i wouldn't see my house ,but its doing something ,wind wind wind .the trees are trying to shake their own leaves off here :}

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Canalboy said:

I remain underwhelmed by the prospect of a Greenland High as is being mooted by the models for next week; they seldom provide anything better than 5 -7 degrees and cold rain for the SE.  This is based on empirical observation over the years. Even Icelandic highs tend to produce little in the way of proper wintry conditions down here. The track is just too far (less of a northern ice pack these days as well) and too mild by the time it reaches us.  Give me a Scandinavian High, now that is the holy grail. NE, ENE or E winds off a cold continent really do cut the proverbial mustard. 

I agree, it’s not our best set up. The models do all seem to be actually showing snow-conducive conditions though, and closer to the time I’m sure there will be little kinks in isobars popping up for snow chances, and evaporative cooling etc…

however, I’m not fully sold on this yet, I can see it being watered down with cold going too far east eventually

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

Depending on the charts I've seen it appears I'm either too far west for snow and too far east for snow so expecting nothing more interesting that cold rain - anything white falling from the sky will then be an unexpected bonus.  Today's sun got my weather station top temperature recording up to 12.2c at 14:04.  Currently 6c with 98% humidity. Very little wind again at 6 mph. Pressure is 1026.7hPa steady.  There was 0.2mm of rain at 4am apparently, although by the time I surfaced at 5:30 I couldn't see any evidence of that.  A slight early morning frost, and noticeably less than yesterday's.  

The weather highlight was a second day of sunshine - a bonus after the recent dark heavy cloudy period. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
10 hours ago, lewis028 said:

It’s certainly good to be back talking of a potential cold spell in November. Last time…2010 ?? Nice to see the days ticking down on the models too and not just talking about day 10 like last winter! 
Bring on 21/22!⛄❄️

The day 10 that never came!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Back for the snowy season.This is a weather forum after all

Cloudy and cool here. First birthday yesterday i can remember that didn't rain. 

Let the cold ramps continue

:cold-emoji:

• Like 3

Posted
On 18/11/2021 at 14:11, Dami said:

Back for the snowy season.This is a weather forum after all

Cloudy and cool here. First birthday yesterday i can remember that didn't rain. 

Let the cold ramps continue

:cold-emoji:

Happy birthday "D", for yesterday.

Was going to put something rude on your timeline, but soiled myself and forgot. 

But yeah, looking forward to the snowy season, or not. Will be what it will be.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
On 18/11/2021 at 15:00, Bogman said:

Happy birthday "D", for yesterday.

Was going to put something rude on your timeline, but soiled myself and forgot. 

But yeah, looking forward to the snowy season, or not. Will be what it will be.

oh go on better late than never. ⛈️

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Thought it would be a bit busier in here, euphoria in the mad thread, garden path comes to mind, as no doubt, it will go belly up. 

• Like 1