Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter,warm sun in summer!!!!

A bit slushy here , 1.2C 

13 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Anyone fancy a mid-summer tour of Germany..? Could be fun. 😎

My son is at me to go , would love it , need to see what the cost is first.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
15 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

The Scotland - Germany game would be a cracker to go to, especially with it being in Munich. Switzerland in Cologne too, but I'm not sure about going anywhere near Hungary 😱

Currently -6C here and dropping fairly steadily. Could be in for a long cold night!  We were on the beach earlier - always good to see the waves lapping at the frosted sand....

If we could win that one by a fluke, maybe weather related, I'd be a happy man. We could lose the rest miserably and it would be fine. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
37 minutes ago, johncam said:

A bit slushy here , 1.2C 

My son is at me to go , would love it , need to see what the cost is first.

My brothers are already looking at flights trying to get in early. Not sure if I could last a fortnight but flying in for one game and a few days in Bavaria might be on the cards, wife permitting tho sister in law wants to go.

@Hawesy looked like a great winters walk. Pretty cold up there I would guess.

• Like 3

Posted
40 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Some of the snowfall totals in the lake district are obscene but not surprising given the radar, 12-18inches looking at some photos. Refuge centers being set up for trapped motorists too. 

Yeah,I’m in two minds whether I would of enjoyed this or not. We went to the Waterhead Inn at Ambleside last sat-tue. It was great, like having a pub as your living room. Dogs are welcome as were my wife’s feet up in the booths. Would love to have been looking out at this. At the same time worrying about getting home. My cars are not suitable for these conditions. 

• Like 4

Posted

As this moves further north tomorrow it would be great if it stays more inland. Or wraps back around towards the central belt. Last night wasn’t forecast until late on. Same with the Lake District today. A85700C0-AFAE-45AD-B1A7-B5B26B83D6D7.thumb.png.b386f712a0107bf9042ea84e1a204092.pngBF888DD1-2F4D-4FDF-9006-5B0EDD01F3C5.thumb.png.fd66cba012ee1e185022b36cd71c77db.pngBF888DD1-2F4D-4FDF-9006-5B0EDD01F3C5.thumb.png.fd66cba012ee1e185022b36cd71c77db.png

3F7BCBDA-4294-4349-B5D5-CB295FA8B69A.png

Edited by Big Gally
  • Like 7

Posted
1 hour ago, Kayemill said:

Yeah,I’m in two minds whether I would of enjoyed this or not. We went to the Waterhead Inn at Ambleside last sat-tue. It was great, like having a pub as your living room. Dogs are welcome as were my wife’s feet up in the booths. Would love to have been looking out at this. At the same time worrying about getting home. My cars are not suitable for these conditions. 

Yeah good fun if you or the family don't need to go anywhere otherwise it's a bit of a pain. 

46 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Some crazy scenes down there and totally un-forecast. Band just seemed to stall. Drifted south now but more coming in from the west. There was a motorsport event in Grizedale Forest and loads of people have been and still are stuck in the forest and surrounding area since the event was abandoned. 

Here, we had a bit of a thaw during the afternoon with a good bit of cloud moving in. Just tipped back to freezing now according to the car. Most snow we’ve had here in two years so took the opportunity to enjoy it! 

IMG_1027.thumb.jpeg.0fa7f08bdeceb73215b007813d74d117.jpeg

IMG_1064.thumb.jpeg.ca736a4c926932e6420f7e62b14d8359.jpeg

IMG_1071.thumb.jpeg.b6d050fca37c1ba26d0082a29d5b27a7.jpeg

IMG_1083.thumb.jpeg.9bffb761abb409b90c79c965ee5ae337.jpeg

Cracking photos. Yeah currently watching videos of scoobys towing SUVs (presumably FWD) in the snow in the lake district 😆

Didn't manage to get out in the snow much today due to other things on but not much has melted. I measured 8-10cm this morning, could be even better if we get some "breakdown" snow on top later in the week although typically I'm meant to be driving down south and back.. 

Currently icey (no meto warning!) with freezing fog. 

Edited by Ross B
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
9 hours ago, Quinach said:

And its darned chilly out there this evening...

image.thumb.png.1ab126165488e9cbb0e451cb0b3b0d29.png

Rather chilly inside too by the looks of that. 

Overnight low here of -7.0C in the early hours but it's risen to -3.9C currently. Looks like a bit more cloud around than yesterday. Forecasts a bit all over the place as to when exactly it'll turn milder here, but it should stay on the cold side today. Can we get a second ice day in a row though? 

Edit: I'm sure Glenshee Ski Center would love this ECM forecast for the end of the week to actually happen... 

Screenshot_20231203-090118.thumb.png.9265838a9214460891a691aa039f241b.png

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted

Not as cold as yesterday morning, car display showing -5.5c, overcast and dry. The car sounded rough on start up, left the car to idle for 10 minutes before heading off. Still didn't sound great and the EMS light kicked in a couple of times. 

The paddlocks for the firewood sheds are frozen along with one the entrance doors to the house. A pretty impressive cold start winter.

• Like 6

Posted
22 minutes ago, aggy said:

That’s the warnings out for later on there goes our snow chances now 😂

100% 😂🤣

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
24 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Fourteenth air frost at -2.3°C and snow day number four. Only 3rd December! 

I hope your house is well insulated!

• Like 4