Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, jy said:

We don't get much snow here in Hampshire so I visit this forum for the beautiful pictures and views.Love football see you might play at the Munich stadium I was there on tour with our club.Saw Forest beat Malmo 1 0.Our 24 tickets were provided by the late great Brian Clough.He did a motivation seminar at one of the players companies and sorted things.Good luck with your national side.

love Brian Clough.... regularly bemuse the 10 year olds I coach as I quote him

don't make a good chance into a bad chance by trying to make it a great chance is my favourite 😀

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just had a graupel shower here giving a thin new covering. First precipitation today.
My temp in back garden is showing -0.5C with a max of -0.3C though the car earlier varied between 0.5C and 3.5C

• Like 5

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mair Snaw said:

Some heavy showers starting to move inland from the east... @edo and the Perth crew look like they could be in line for some action here too...

daughter just got excited as her iPhone proclaimed snow at 6pm.... grumpy dad said will come to nothing then checked radar and raised my eyebrow... just missed a decent looking one there to the south of us 

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, edo said:

daughter just got excited as her iPhone proclaimed snow at 6pm.... grumpy dad said will come to nothing then checked radar and raised my eyebrow... just missed a decent looking one there to the south of us 

You look prime position for big precip band moving your way👍

Edited by Dundeeguy
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Shower on now is a mix of large snowflakes, some wetter stuff and small icy bits. Lying though on the frozen surfaces. Temp -0.6C All the local weather stations are showing sub zero so I wonder is there a milder layer above?

• Like 5

Posted
1 minute ago, Norrance said:

Shower on now is a mix of large snowflakes, some wetter stuff and small icy bits. Lying though on the frozen surfaces. Temp -0.6C All the local weather stations are showing sub zero so I wonder is there a milder layer above?

@Dundeeguygives me hope and now I am worried about a mild layer 🙃 still seems to be about 0c here 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Shower heading straight for my house and literally splits to go round me....

• Like 6

Posted
3 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Man, I miss Dundee fir the snaw.  

• Like 3

Posted

sod it told the kids gonna snow here at 18.50 ..... pressure on 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We have very light snow falling almost vertically. Good job I look out the window occasionally cos the radar is ignoring this one completely.

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, edo said:

sod it told the kids gonna snow here at 18.50 ..... pressure on 

Looking at the radar and the current direction of the ppn you've a better chance than here! 

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, edo said:

@Dundeeguygives me hope and now I am worried about a mild layer 🙃 still seems to be about 0c here 

Bad news as definitely rain in the mix now as it has got lighter. Still showing -0.3C so up a notch in last half hour. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Light snow falling here ❄️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
12 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Norrance not sure about milder layer but having driven across Dundee and up through Angus about an hour ago, I noticed several temperature changes over short distances. At western edge of Dundee it was at -0.5 degrees then over central and eastern Dundee it rose up to +1.5 degrees and then north into Angus dropped to -2 degrees. Seems more like cold pools of air quickly ‘stirred’ out as breeze picks up as showers come through. 

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, cragonmore said:

Norrance not sure about milder layer but having driven across Dundee and up through Angus about an hour ago, I noticed several temperature changes over short distances. At western edge of Dundee it was at -0.5 degrees then over central and eastern Dundee it rose up to +1.5 degrees and then north into Angus dropped to -2 degrees. Seems more like cold pools of air quickly ‘stirred’ out as breeze picks up as showers come through. 

I am in the extreme West end of Dundee. Dry now but interesting to see what the next shower brings. Hoping it is of the white variety❄️

• Like 4

Posted

amazing how the showers are losing intensity though as reach here, very light but some beefy ones heading into Dundee now 

• Like 6