Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Thank you @dryfie for your concern and advice; both are much appreciated. I’ve had a number of courses of steroids over the last two years or so and no adverse effects to this point. However as soon as the post-festive pink elephants and red-nosed unicorns disappear I’ll reassess the situation and take the appropriate action.

I got a warning on my phone at 09:00 saying it would snow at 10:00. This was surprising as there wasn’t a single cloud anywhere in the sky at the time. Come 10:00 and still no clouds, nor at 12:00, nor at 14:00, nor at 16:00 and not now. It’s been a beautiful sunny day throughout. Blooming Baltic though, and breezy all day.

High temperature for the day was 2.2⁰C at 12:38 up from a low of -2.4⁰C at 03:58 and now 0.1⁰C, humidity is 88%, wind 9 to 20mph northwesterly, pressure 1003.6hPa rising slowly, there’s been no rainfall in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 0/8 with the dew point at -1⁰C.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
On 04/01/2022 at 21:09, shuggee said:

Looking on jealously to our northern pals - here in the Borders it's been a stunning cold sunny day. Trip to the Fort above Innerleithen:

PXL_20220104_141433006.jpg

PXL_20220104_141506674.jpg

17th air frost at - 2.4°C and a maximum earlier of 0.4°C.

Shugee my son is oren up there with the dog, he's sent me many pics of that same view. Nice wee place Innerleithen.
We havent so much as seen a single flake of snaw doon here but it was a lovely sunny day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
On 04/01/2022 at 22:46, Puffy MacCloud said:

Thank you @dryfie for your concern and advice; both are much appreciated. I’ve had a number of courses of steroids over the last two years or so and no adverse effects to this point. However as soon as the post-festive pink elephants and red-nosed unicorns disappear I’ll reassess the situation and take the appropriate action.

Puffy I'm another one on steriods, for me life long or I'm deid. I have Addisons Disease. I've been ok so far apart from having to watch the carbs and sugar or the weight can balloon. Just dinny eat anything but lettuce and yull be fine. Sob.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Sorry to hear of your condition @mardatha but glad that you’ve learned to cope with it. We’re beginning to sound like the weather ward in here. Keep taking the pills everyone.

Another beautiful day of cloudless blue sky, sunshine, and crisp, frosty atmosphere that I love. Well, except for the slippery ground conditions that had me doing my Bambi on speed impression as I tried to fill the bird feeders. And my lungs hurt in the cold now, which isn’t perfect. However, the breeze has dropped to nothing today, so for most people it’s a get out and exercise sort of day.

Temperature currently the high for the day at 3.8⁰C up from the low of -1.6⁰C at 09:55, humidity is 76%, wind is 0 to 2mph west-northwesterly with a maximum gust of 10mph at 00:35, pressure is 1014.9hPa rocketing upwards, there’s been no rainfall in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 0/8 and the dew point is at 0⁰C.

• Like 7

Posted

‘Twas a nice start to the day but cloud is thickening and it’s beginning to look like we’ll have showers of something this afternoon. Currently 3.3c and much less windy than it was last night.

On the up side, I’ll get back to my office desk tomorrow as DS got a negative result on his pcr and my lateral flow was also negative this morning. Life is much easier when you have instant access to printers, scanners etc. No doubt it’ll be an interesting drive over the Slug road in the morning however.

• Like 8

Posted

Useable day, more so with the kids back to school!

Mainly sunny with occasional sleet showers being driven through quickly thanks to the brisk northwest wind.

Temperature has stayed pretty constant over the last 18 hours or so, hovering around 2c.

Snow level seems to be around 200m going by the surrounding hills...

morning.thumb.jpg.93cffb654fd5242abbedd12c296d91c9.jpg

Back to mild mush by the end of the weekend going by the weather apps.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Meto have me a yellae warnin fir loadsae pish the morn.

I've worked oot that nae warnin means snaw.

Yellae means likely jist pish, and amber defo jist pish. 

Red = pish wi the wuids trashed again. 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Had a few heavy snaw showers come through in the last hour and radar seems to suggest North East Scotland is the only part of the UK with any precipitation..

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

The 12z I really loved the look of, 18z variation of the same theme and I just had a look on the fax chart troughs will be chomping at the bit out West its these that will be bringing really intense showers with snow hail and some thundery conditions thrown in too, wherever gets a persistent train of showers add in evaporative cooling and a good fall of snow isn't a tough thing to imagine obviously higher areas are best but should get wintry weather coming to low levels also animntg3.gif animlno6.gif 20220105.2236.PPVE89.png 20220105.1738.PPVG89.png

If it doesn't deviate too much from that then I'll be happy. Higher parts of the central belt could do quite well by Friday morning, especially Harthill, Shotts, Salsburgh etc but sitting here at 188 ASL, I'll been checking the lamppost often. 

• Like 8

Posted

I'm in Lanark this week, just cold rain here so far, thought as much when I seen all the frost thawing earlier this morning. Is it wrong to say I don't think I want snow now

• Like 8