Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

A few flurries on and off this morning, another incoming by looks of the sky at the back of the house. Not sure I’ll get out to enjoy it however as waiting for DS’s pcr test result to come back after his girlfriend (who’s a vaccinator) got a positive result. Only thing I need to do is head to our still closed office and pick up client work so I can meet VAT deadline on Friday.

Currently 2.4c, up from overnight low of -0.3c. DP at -1.5c, higher than the overnight low of -2.5c but down from the high of -0.5c just after 9am.

• Like 6

Posted
23 hours ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

I designated yesterday as a no alcohol day and a healthy eating day following days and days of debauchery, and, surprisingly, I stuck to the plan all day. Actually, it wasn’t difficult as I had ample reserves of food and drink on board after a family get together on New Year’s Day when I disappeared a load of assorted beers, wines and whiskies together with half a family sized steak pie, all of which I blame on the vast quantities of steroids I’m taking at the moment that fuel my appetite. Today I intend to continue with the plan. Abstinence makes the tum grow smaller.

Weather-wise, high temperature for today was 8.6⁰C at 01:03 sinking to 6.7⁰C at 11:35 and now back up to 7.2⁰C, humidity is 92%, wind is now 0 to 2mph westerly having swung round from southerly earlier and with a maximum gust of 22mph at 01:09, pressure is 996.0hPa rising slowly, there’s been 8.0mm of rain so far today and cloud cover is 8/8.

Totally off topic advice, to save you being stung like I was:  The steroids may well lead to eyesight changes, and perhaps a new description.  Insist on their returning the old lenses to you for possible future use.  Once the steroids  are discontinued you may well find that your sight returns to your previous standard, meaning you can use the old lenses again.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temp still hovering just above freezing and occasion Al snow showers passing over. Cleared car and driveway earlier when I was out with the dog and I'd say there was around 2cm lying from overnight. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Sanserit said:

Currently 2.4c, up from overnight low of -0.3c. DP at -1.5c, higher than the overnight low of -2.5c but down from the high of -0.5c just after 9am.

Won't trump your low temperatures often lows here -0.4C / DP -2.6C

When I last spoke to @Mr Frost he had been nearing his planned move to Florida, hope that has went well for him would be great to hear from him, hopefully @Hairy Celt is doing fine too 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Strange move for a snaw junky that.. Florida not known for its snaw..?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ and yes it would be good to hear from @Hairy Celt... it is a worry that he has been so silent...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

florida wow.... Nice move.... florida actually had snow last weekend, some places were 79c one day and had snow less than 24 hours later... been some crazy temp variants in states last few days. 

As always in this set up dry as a bone here so well jel of the North contingent bit great pics. 

The radar teases you aswell with the predictive always thinking showers will make it but sadly don't. 

• Like 4

Posted

Heavy snaw on and off all afternoon.. looks like slightly warmer over night with rain to wash it all away..

• Like 5

Posted
35 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Heavy snow with strong NW winds, not far off blizzard conditions at present.

Problem is I don't think much of it is actually getting a chance to land and settle. Going to be some decent drifting where it does end up settling. 

• Like 4

Posted

Absolutely hammering it down here... radar says sleet/rain... its snaw and its covering the path that the neighbours cleared earlier...

I fully expect it ti be gone by the end of the night.. 

• Like 5

Posted

2.5c here now with sleet and a slush/mud/fest. Really looking forward to February and lower humidity air to dry out the soil surface. Am sure the winters are getting wetter and lack of sustained frosts  do not help the drying process.

• Like 8

Posted

Kudos to the met office as their forecast has been spot on so far.  Short period of heavy snow around 5pm, changing over to heavy rain.  Now very wet outside with sad looking patches of slush on the lawn; currently 2c.

• Like 6

Posted

Still snaw here..  but whats on the ground is definitely looking sorry for itself...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Heavy driving snow this morning coming in showery form around 7-8cm before snow became bit more wet with sleet at times as temps crept up to 1.6c now, still very windy with plenty of snow still laying.  Will be fun in morning if it freezes over later.

• Like 8

Posted

Still falling as snow here, but wet stuff. Even with the extra altitude it's struggling to lie and isn't accumulating to any significant degree. Oh well, looking seasonal in terms of temperature for the rest of the week but the next seach for snow is looking more line mid month. GFS has been hinting at something half promising around 17th or 18th across a few runs, but that's a long way off so we'll have to wait and see

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 7

Posted

Many here in Scotland  will see more snow as the warm front moves in later this week,being quickly followed by cold air for a time.

• Like 7