Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just got down to 0C here for what seems like the first time in ages. Skies mainly clear with just a light Westerly breeze.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Snow setting in now, wonder what the morning will bring.

E0FE3BCE-8DB5-422D-B3F2-919D9B4A04BF.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The sky has cleared, wind has completed its swing around to the north and so the temperature has dropped to -2.4⁰C now, while pressure has risen to 1000.6hPa steady and the dew point has fallen to -3⁰C, leading Diablo to postulate that snow might be on the way. So that’s that faffed then.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Same here, currently 0.2C and thin covering of snow lying. If forecasts are correct we should see light snow showers during daylight hours today then heavier precipitation in the evening and overnight. The only question is will the heavier stuff be snow or a wintry mix as forecasts vary.

Hopefully my height will help but then again it my first day back at work tomorrow, so do I really want to have to clear snow from the car and driveway? It'll be enough of a shock having to get up, washed, dressed and out by 8am.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
Just now, Sceptical said:

Looking good  

Nice gesture sharing those snowy pictures with the "winters over" brigade over in  the MAD thread  

They are a very sour bunch in there... someone jumped on my post straight away moaning.. never seen them post in the thread before so clearly jealous of my dusting...

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Making me jealous with these pictures! Not seen a flake of snow yet all winter.

• Like 7

Posted

Missing HC barking at sleet from his beach, not the same without him and his sardonic weather commentary. Same goes for Mr Frost and his unbridled snow enthusiasm

• Like 5

Posted

Great to see some decent snow pics on here this morning  Looking forward to seeing some more over the coming days.

From an entirely '101' perspective I can't see much chance of snow for the Edinburgh area in the charts/forecasts unless something on Thursday into Friday pushes further east than forecast. I will, however, enjoy at least a day or 2 of dry, cold and sunny! 

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Mair Snaw said:

They are a very sour bunch in there... someone jumped on my post straight away moaning.. never seen them post in the thread before so clearly jealous of my dusting...

The model thread ‘becomes’ the English regional thread if there’s a hint of snow in southern England.Anyway,the Clisham Pass on Harris just now…11619B1A-2BFF-438F-A18F-4BE0BBE3B0D7.thumb.png.04925d06cd65c026fb15e2d16c80cc74.png

• Like 8