Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Surprisingly dry here this morning so far which is no bad thing! Hope everyone enjoyed yesterday! Personally I almost prefer Boxing Day! Pure relaxation after the stresses of yesterday. No Santa, no meals to plan, no in-laws to entertain. Just time with the kids, loads of food to eat, TV and more beer! Brilliant

• Like 9

Posted

Just to add much dryer air with strong wind here too ground frozen but air temperature above freezing.Condensation gone from old single glazed windows in house and walls in steading .Much healthier for cattle and humans.

• Like 8

Posted

Happy Boxing Day! Weather has been typically predictable with a SE wind, cool but not cold enough with little variance by day or night. It’s mostly hovered between 4c and 5c here in Pittenweem and much the same at Leuchars. Light rain on now.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overcast but maybe not quite permagloom standards, 2C or thereabouts and a stiff wind. Was absolutely perishing in the wind this morning when walking the dog. 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning = 100% dry Aberdeenshire Permagloom™

Afternoon = 100% wet Aberdeenshire Permagloom™

Steady light drizzle for last hour or so, enough to wet surfaces.  Moderate SE wind, currently 3.4c.

See the Norwegians are forecasting (relatively) tropical conditions for the new year here.  Max has varied a lot over the last few days in the range of 12-17c (!) but definitely going to be a very different feel to the recent past.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Turns out that watching snow falling, even at this festive time of year, is a subjective enterprise. Last night, for example, as I watched the snowflakes fluttering down from the hole in the barn roof right above me, and felt the soft coldness of them landing on my hay bale, my tilley lamp and me, I was prompted to observe that you can shove your faffing white Christmas up your apse ended barn, I’m going to get the roof fixed.

Jolly cold today, calm, overcast and occasional flurries of snowy type stuff. Happy turkey sandwich to you all.

• Like 7

Posted

Have just been informed by Aurora Storm who has been out walking with dog and Mrs Northernlights that there are fairy flakes in the wind so technically a white Boxing Day

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Dry with penetrating SE wind freezing any damp with everything rapidly drying out.  Temperature hovering around 2.5C. Snow cover on highest tops but mostly sunny and crisp here.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Wintery sky tonight with frost digging in now

72C9FBC2-813F-4770-B72B-2FF83BC79F9B.jpeg

C4319C7F-C864-474B-B042-CFDCD5B7602F.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Merry Crimbo (and Festive Boxing), fellow kilters. A cauld, bricht Christmas Day here, and now, cauld rain for Boxing Day afternoon and evening. Currently around 3°C. 

Looks like a much milder blip incoming for New Year and then...who knows? However, am sure we'll get a decent cauld spell at some point as we head through January and February. 

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the festivities. ⛄??

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

A bit dull and gloomy here today, 7c, cloudy and calm. Another walk today I think, gotta make the most of the dry days!

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

2.9C with drizzle laden Permagloom, other tham Xmas day it really hasn't been a great run of weather recently. 

• Like 5

Posted

Calm, low cloud and quite chilly but dry for now. Heading out for a few hours chopping sticks to help with some of the over consumption of the last few days! 

• Like 6

Posted

Another nothing exciting day. Did try to brighten up but never managed to do so. Least Christmas was nice and sunny and i'm sure briefly a little snow on boxing day

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Skies clearing here, current temp -0.3c and very calm. It's been good for so long I wonder when we're going to be hit with some really crap weather, New Year probably! Och well, make the most of it while we can then! 

• Like 6

Posted

Dull, gloomy, grey, misty, drizzly pish! Sums up the last few weeks with the exception of Christmas Day! A absolutely dire spell of weather!! 

• Like 7

Posted

A cold, damp foggy start. Temperature 1.5°C with poor visibility. Forecast is for milder temperatures from tomorrow afternoon onwards. Possibly a chance of something colder Monday.

Horrible weather for the Christmas holiday period  

• Like 6

Posted

Scotland you never fail to disappoint. Cracking day here in Drymen. Warm and sunny. Next best thing to snow

0BA521B6-64AF-4386-BDEF-A430BAC5844C.thumb.jpeg.919e8650c822dea340858b22527ad33b.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted

-3c start to the day and colder inland at -6c when I took Aurora Storm to train at Aviemore this morning. Sunny here now with mountains looking superb with their snow cover . Will post some photos to night. Its been a very seasonal few days over Christmas here.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5