Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Back to Dundee this afternoon. Clear and cold here with a touch of frost but as expected showers got nowhere near this far across. Clear at -0.7C now.  Pics from first my sis-in-law and then brother from Bearsden this morning and the later on. They had just over an inch there at the edge of town.

3EC5026C-C2FF-4026-AD84-874C0B428F5B.png

22CB2E72-435B-4C59-AAF9-B48EC2FC0D26.png

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, snowlessayr said:

Well, my name lived up to expectations. Everything was sleet here, actually painful with the lack of snow I get. Nice seeing the pictures, hopefully I can join in soon, even if it is in 2025 

My mother's aunt retired to Ayr as she was told that it was the mildest and most snowless town in all of Scotland. It worked for heras she reached the grand old age of 99. There may be other contenders though as Hawesy in the East Neuk, anyone from Tiree or even from Rosehearty in the NE  would perhaps agree.
Here in a definitely snowless Dundee today it is at least white with frost and currently -1C or -2C on my Accurite w/s.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Early brief  spell of heavy snow then sleety rain/wet snow dryer now but with strong cold wind.  1.4c

• Like 3

Posted

After a nice cold seasonal day yesterday it's back to pish today! Awful stuff yet again!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Covering of snow appeared overnight here, nothing spectacular but then again I hadn't noticed anything forecast so a nice surprise. Overnight low of -2.4C and currently 0.2C.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Has everyone else's forum feed gone black or have I managed to do something weird to mine? 

Wet and dreich today. 

Screenshot_20220108-092540.png

Posted

Clicking this should give you the option to turn it back although your view does look a little different to mine.

Screenshot_2022-01-08-09-30-32-48_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.thumb.jpg.6cb001159c0c94d94182fed3255d0910.jpg

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Woke at 7am this morning to blizzard conditions but unfortunately my wet baws were all wrong so nothing settled.. it turned to heavy rain around 7:45 and now just standard Aberdeenshire permagloom...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

It was a great one day snow event yesterday. The kids managed to get out the sledges for a few hours after school and have a snowball fight with their friends. Still plenty of time left for winter to deliver something more special for all of us 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Yesterday morning turned into a wee belter! Snowed from just after midnight, with thundersnow no less, until just before noon and then the clouds cleared and the sun came out, the temperature stayed low and a general air of brilliant white winter crispness became all-pervasive until sunset. A real tonic.

Today, not so much as a gentle thaw sets in. The temperature rose from a low of 0.9⁰C at midnight to 7.2⁰C at 07:35 and has now dropped to 3.9⁰C, humidity is 88%, wind is 1 to 3mph westerly with a maximum gust of 15mph at 07:24, there’s been 0.2mm of rainfall today, cloud cover is reducing from 8/8 to 6/8 now, and the dew point is at 2⁰C.

• Like 8

Posted

Cool and wet this morning. Cold and dry this afternoon. Snow today seems to have been confined to higher ground and the Highlands. After tomorrow looking like this week's seasonal spell of weather is going to be replaced by something much more tedious imo as the Azores High pays a visit.

edit. Currently clear at 2.2C from a max of 3.7C this morning in the rain and a min after midnight of -1.8C

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted

@Quinach Just back from our goto dark spot, and definite aurora, but clouds now rolling in. If clear skies look north as very active tonight. Keep a track using Glendale Aurora app.

Frost setting in now and down to 1c. All snaw gone.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Up with sore joints, on the paracetamol and tea. Looks dank and cauld ootside but not frosty. Is that the snow (that I didn't get) finished for now?

• Like 5

Posted

A sunny and crisp winter morning, temperature -4.5°c. The surrounding hills have a decent snow cover in place so certainly feeling like winter.

20220109_101605.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
6 hours ago, mardatha said:

Up with sore joints, on the paracetamol and tea. Looks dank and cauld ootside but not frosty. Is that the snow (that I didn't get) finished for now?

Sorry to hear that. Hope the painkillers worked. I still have a covering of snow in the back garden although the street out front is now completely clear. This morning is dull, raining, breezy and cold. This'll be January then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

I agree with the above to @Sceptical unsurprisingly, a lovely sunny winters day. Probably the last for a week, and the snow in my garden and surrounding hills will likely disappear. 

Wierd overnight temp profile from my local weather station. 1C from 12 to 3am then dropped to 0C by 4:30am, shot up to a high of 1.7C at 5am before a gradual cool down to the low of -2.7C at 8am. It ha gradually crept up to around 0C again now. 

• Like 8

Posted

Totally nondescript would describe the weekend here. A bit of rain, mostly cloudy, neither mild nor cold, not much in the way of wind. Overnight ground frost but air temperatures have stayed in the 1c to 6c range throughout.

• Like 5