Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Clear and starry here now with temps down to 5C currently. Some flooding to our North. This is in Alyth and the second is where the bridge wall was swept away at Bridge of Cally leading to the A93 being closed tonight. Saw some good vids of various rivers in full spate in Northern Perthshire.

97016796-E721-4DA8-B779-0357C4E0DA68.jpeg

53B13D94-2EE0-414B-9FB7-14980AB19118.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted

The Northern lights putting on quite a show over the weekend.  Photo courtesy of BBC news.

The scene from Peterhead.

Screenshot_20211101-064933_Samsung Internet.png

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 6

Posted

Heavy rain cleared through around 7pm yesterday, so kids not too wet.

Heavy rain again first thing this morning, then the briefest of clearances allowing that yellow thing in the sky to make an appearance for the first time in many days.

Didn't last, back to overcast skies and showers of rain.

Cold feeling at 6.1c and a keen WNW wind.

www.thumb.jpg.739e7ce3887b4d5d0f4a51a7334314fb.jpgwwe.thumb.jpg.070016099aa4cf75366050997e550c11.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

7.4C wet morning, dry afternoon. Seasonal. Peebles:

PXL_20211101_154129337.jpg

PXL_20211101_154624910.NIGHT.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
On 01/11/2021 at 10:35, Quinach said:

Heavy rain cleared through around 7pm yesterday, so kids not too wet.

Heavy rain again first thing this morning, then the briefest of clearances allowing that yellow thing in the sky to make an appearance for the first time in many days.

Didn't last, back to overcast skies and showers of rain.

Cold feeling at 6.1c and a keen WNW wind.

www.thumb.jpg.739e7ce3887b4d5d0f4a51a7334314fb.jpgwwe.thumb.jpg.070016099aa4cf75366050997e550c11.jpg

Positive comment.    I  see from you photos more late cut wrapped silage. It really has been a tremendous autumn for grass growth. We have 40% more than usual over the whole season. Will keep for two years and should help to take the sting out of  the artificial nitrogen  price going from around £200/tonne  this spring to over £700/tonne this autumn if you can physically order it.Russia and China playing silly so and so"s with the West.

The  red and white clover in our swards has really  paid dividends this year.

Now very wet here with more rain overnight and showers all day. Currently 7c

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

New phone has suggested news, not sure why it thinks I'd like to read The Record, but this gave me a giggle. An 800 mile wide arctic plume

Screenshot_20211102-061712.png

• Like 4

Posted

Came across this little lot earlier. Never seen so many magic mushies in one place! 8.7°C and dry - what's not to like?! 

PXL_20211102_152814402.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Nice fresh afternoon,dry above but ground sodden. Quite a wntry looking sky over the Firth to the north in the late afternoon.Should be a dusting on the higher tops tomorrow morning.20211102_151404.thumb.jpg.7f096dcbe909c1bfbec5fe800932c761.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Quintessential November day yesterday, grey, not too cold (max 7c) with light winds and everything absolutely saturated .

Some beefy showers going round today with that look of wintriness to them that you should expect at this time of year.

Not warm, 5.9c currently with a light to moderate northerly wind.

ww.thumb.jpg.86769c49a84b62e259c866446a6fbb4e.jpgplk.thumb.jpg.cfc531bd849d4caea0194b3c19e2f5a4.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

What a stonking aurora there is at the moment - darned showers though making viewing very difficult.

My very naff camera phone managed to pick up this at 10pm, not often you see the red tinge to the aurora.

image.thumb.png.d3534033adbf7072bd1a02bba137e582.png

This webcam in Shetland has a rewind button for the last 12 hours - stunning show of the aurora there around 21:55.

https://www.shetlandwebcams.com/cliff-cam-3/

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I'm watching the Shetland webcams too, fabulous awesome night.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Dry with light winds here, temp 5.3c, rain forecast for later on. Weekend looks interesting depending which forecast you believe! One tell me 45 - 55 mph gusts, another tells me gusts in the region of 64mph. Fortunately no heavy rain is forecast for Saturday so that at least is a blessing. Best get out and get stuff tied down or locked away in sheds for the duration. ?️?️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

3C when I got out to the car this morning and discovered a frozen windscreen, a thin sheen of ice rather than frost. That's the first time I've had to scrape this 'winter' so far I'm sure, and a reminder to either get some de-icer or get up earlier to give me more time for scraping. 

I hope nobody was planning a visit to a beach in the N or NE on Sunday as by the sounds of the Yellow Warning it could be a bit wild. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

I didn’t get home from the hospital until after sunset so I had to rely on various phone calls to be able to confirm that it was a lovely day here. And, as I didn’t ever make it up to the full fit to burst respiratory ward, (“anyway, it’s no place for a sick person, sir”) I also relied on phone conversations to inform me that it’s been beautiful weather ever since Monday. (The assessment unit doesn’t have windows.) I can however confirm from first-hand experience that it’s currently flipping cold out.

High temperature today was 8.9⁰C at 13:55 up from the low of -2.1⁰C at 06:37 and now 1.8⁰C, humidity is 88%, wind 0 to 7mph westerly, pressure is 1020.7hPa rising slowly, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today and in the last 24 hours, and I don’t know how much cloud cover there is because it’s dark.

• Like 7

Posted

A very useable November day, basically because it was dry!

Cold during the day, temperature hovering around 5c.  A change though in the last couple of hours with temperatures starting to rise (now 6.3c, so the highest temperature today, so far...).

Light winds and some decent spells of sunshine during the day.

Lovely sunset...

1926100921_nov-sun(Large).thumb.jpg.1cf9ed9130079ac032b2828863e5bdb2.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Puffy you'd think they would be sure to put windows in a hospital ward/unit - not great for poorly folk having to sit and stare at a wall all day!

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, mardatha said:

Puffy you'd think they would be sure to put windows in a hospital ward/unit - not great for poorly folk having to sit and stare at a wall all day!

I never had the opportunity to work on a hospital design team, unfortunately, as it would have been fascinating. However, I seem to remember from basic design principles that windows in a subterranean situation can prove less than functional. To be fair to them, the assessment unit is only supposed to be a brief, evaluative stop between A&E and the ward to which one is subsequently directed. That’s how it’s worked on my previous visits. This experience was simply another example of the extraordinary pressure the hospital is under currently.

Temperature high for the day so far was 11.2⁰C at 13:02 up from the low of 5.0⁰C at midnight and now 10.8⁰C, humidity is 88%, wind is 0 to 2mph westerly with a maximum gust of 7mph at 12:27, pressure is 1021.9hPa steady, there’s been 1.0mm of rain overnight and cloud cover is 8/8 now after a brighter start.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning all! Very mild today at 12.3c. Wet and a bit blustery. Expecting it to be rubbish all day so will be clearing out cupboards to keep local charity shops well stocked. DVD's and crisps and wine later on. I'm easy to keep happy! ?️

• Like 6

Posted

Not short of weather this morning, and pretty dynamic weather at that, with wind and rain in abundance. Forecast is for less rain and more wind, which will be interesting.

Temperature is 10.8⁰C, high for the day so far and up from a low of 9.2⁰C at 07:35, humidity is 93%, wind is 2 to 8mph south-southwesterly with a maximum gust of 19mph at 10:49, pressure is 1007.8hPa dropping like a stone, there’s been 7.4mm of rain today coming through in heavy squalls, and cloud cover is a weighty 8/8.

• Like 5

Posted

Made it up to 15 c this afternoon in spite  of strong wind and showery outbreaks . Leaves falling fast but grass fields still very green.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Howling storm here now temps down to 7c after max of 11.7, gusting low 40s mph with over third of inch rain from squally showers

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

No idea what this means but oooooohhhhhhh

Screenshot_20211106-191111~2.png

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 3

Posted

Very quiet in here, everyone blown away? 

First proper storm of the season overnight/this morning.

A few downed trees as a consequence in the area and drifts of leaves everywhere - most trees now stripped bare, impressive how beech retains its leaves even in a literal gale.

Severe wind chill, even though thermometer had a max today of 8.2c.

Dry today, a few showers yesterday afternoon after a deluge in the morning - nice afternoon of rainbows....

gg.thumb.jpg.af6b5d63563780f462fc5e4e6bc0f429.jpg

• Like 9