Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

The usual chopping off Scotland when posting in the mod thread has begun too  

Hopefully we get some snow in the next few weeks, although anything is better than this boring weather we have been having 

• Like 6

Posted

Just noticed snow and sleet symbols appearing in the Met forecast for Aviemore and Braemar next Wednesday. Heavy snow for Cairngorm national park on Sunday with some decent windchill temperatures.

Not sure why some in  the MOD thread are a bit despondent this evening. Looking good for Scotland....at this time.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
On 18/11/2021 at 21:01, jellybaby1969 said:

Certainly looks a better start to winter with no Atlantic onslaught...however when did we have a good olde Atlantic hoolie ? 

for sure it seems a long long time, i would say we had a relatively fiesty one a few sundays ago and that was that for the autumn. Was badly timed as kids football festival on and was so wet and cold actually got abandoned with shivering kids. But as a rule i do like a good storm.

• Like 3

Posted

Tomorrow looks much more seasonal, temperatures in the afternoon struggling to get above 6°C, factor in the wind and it will feel chilly. 

I'm expecting a delivery of 3 m3 of beech logs, perfect weather for getting them into the wood sheds  

• Like 8

Posted

Absolutely gorgeous summer's day 

Currently 16.1c, light to fresh SW winds and oodles of sunshine - feeling downright warm in that sun.

Lots of colour still in the garden thanks to the lack of any hard frost, don't ever recall the likes of Gerbera, Oxalis and Scabious flowering in Mid November!

1452769458_gerbera(Large).thumb.jpg.acaa6ff23662e9ade739b376844081aa.jpg

807987857_oxalis(Large).thumb.jpg.03ebee53f20086058f3726bbe53ec5aa.jpg

scabious.thumb.jpg.ad37d2ec312ce0f966c384535ecf8b07.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

Well, it appears that some diddy said the ‘S’ word out loud and now all the summer dossers have louped out of bed and are rampaging through the forums in their moon boots and bobble bunnets in anticipation of an epic dump. (of snow, just to be clear) Meanwhile I’m putting the winter attire back in the cupboard and bringing my shorts and sandals back out. Heating’s turned off again.

High temperature for today was 12.2⁰C at 00:37 dropping to a low of 11.5⁰C at 06:55 and now back up to 11.9⁰C, humidity is 89%, wind is 3 to 10mph southwesterly with a maximum gust of 15mph at 01:49, pressure is 1023.8hPa steady, there’s been no rain in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is still 8/8 but a bit thinner in parts than yesterday.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

tonights cherry picked chart....ECM a mere 7 days away and a decent cold airmass over Scotland....things keep flirting between very cold and seasonal but all variations of a cold theme which often tends to be a good sign.

An even better sign would be more people posting here....has everyone moved to a new thread and not told me

Screenshot 2021-11-19 22.35.19.png

• Like 5

Posted

Timed my journey south so that I’d hit my usual Dundee coffee stop around sunset but sadly, I didn’t get a spectacular view like I’d had at home yesterday.  Dry roads until Between Dundee and Perth then patchy the rest of the way, hitting a ninja shower once over the bridge heading for the M8. Temperature was 17c when I left home and steadily dropped as the sun set, falling to 12c once in West Lothian.

My rowan still has a load of berries on it considering how late in the year it is but not so many snow berries on the snowberry shrub as there’s been in previous years. Fuschia, on the other hand, is currently still in full flower, I suspect that will change this weekend.

A98931C8-796C-47BE-9579-F4567836E5D4.thumb.jpeg.b38a74b18ee3d590e0860d010c077505.jpeg  48261FDE-AC8E-45CB-8370-048CD9595BF7.thumb.jpeg.9a5a82a15ac0517d3e9b62e6d860544d.jpeg  2AE6CB3F-6F5C-4F5D-9859-C310C01CA7CE.thumb.jpeg.24a8a87b8a9fb64a3ef41dd6b94becb2.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted

Still drizzly and mild at the moment. That will change when this goes through

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The rain is on here now and the temperature finally starting to drop as the front moves through, down to 8C after a high of nearly 15C yesterday. As others have said, what happens at the end of the coming week is still pretty uncertain but I think we're looking at a few days of cool/cold temperatures at least, but I've a feeling there will be very little in the way of snow even for Scotland.

Just some cooler weather will be welcome though, especially as the heating at work is on again, so it's been way too warm even with the windows open, which we have to do. Strangely, in school across Aberdeenshire the heating in schools is apparently turned on and off not in response to the temperature outside, but on certain dates. Last 'spring' they relented in ours at least and left it on beyond the 'off' date as it was way too cold outside, and with windows required to be open for Covid related reasons we'd all have been wearing jackets, hats and gloves in the classrooms if they hadn't.

• Like 7

Posted

Clearence across the Firth about an hour ago after a belt of rain showing wintry looking showers to the north. 20211120_112636.thumb.jpg.ddfb86f86d05396e7bae36f121df0209.jpgWas still 13c early this morning but now 8c

• Like 8

Posted

Afternoon all, as others have said a very mild November this far with most stations running 2 or 3c above average in terms of mean temperatures. It’s been okay in terms of saving on heating bills but I’m also looking forward to welcoming something more seasonal tomorrow.

Next week looks interesting, the kind of set up that can throw in surprises at short notice! 

• Like 6

Posted

Well, not a boring day weatherwise.

Stunning sunrise to start with...

y.thumb.jpg.94e8ea673aee8503388b860c69321adb.jpg

The sunshine not lasting long as a band of heavy rain approached from the NW - nice double rainbow before it hit though...

yy.thumb.jpg.6dd20ab71740f6c19ec776e0f4a31dcb.jpg

Then a 90 min period of heavy rain before drying out, with a steady clearance to blue skies from lunchtime onwards.

yyy.thumb.jpg.2e8ea378becc80fd85f68c7e295d4c70.jpg

Generally light winds during daylight hours with the temperature dropping constantly through the day - shown well on the nearest local weather station on https://wow.metoffice.gov.uk/

image.thumb.png.6989a563bc933cec7338366def685a34.png

Wind now quite gusty from the NW, giving that a really cold bite when you are out, even though temperature reading is 5.1c.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The temperature has been dropping since midnight when it was 10.8⁰C to 3.2⁰C now, humidity is 90%, wind is 2 to 6mph west-northwesterly with a maximum gust of 15mph at 00:25, pressure is 1018.7hPa steady, there’s been 2.4mm of rain today and in the last 24 hours, cloud cover is 1/8 and the stars are out.

• Like 6