Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

Yet more fantastic sunsets the last couple of days, 1st photo from Bathgate area on Sunday , 2nd is from Stonehaven yesterday afternoon.

4E1DF271-8FBF-4533-8B73-DF27CCB56447.thumb.jpeg.a35d961f5d66a5244ec5a5ba0fd39b1c.jpeg A77F43B8-8EBE-4B6A-86FF-8F7DB0B74274.thumb.jpeg.41875c29ff70123a55a35ddc9cbf0a82.jpeg

Now looking forward to whatever this weekend holds for us, at least I can see the lamppost easily from my seat in the lounge.

In other news, temperature currently 1.1c having fallen steadily from 6.7c at midnight, no wind to speak of either.

• Like 8

Posted

A low of 5.5C and currently 5.8C under what I can only imagine is otherwise termed as Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ (with apologies to @Quinachand @Sanserit). 

Saturday - well who knows where the ppn will fall and Sunday may be a November ice day above 300m?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Another one for last night’s light. This was late afternoon just before the sunset.

28CCA73F-D794-4026-938F-9CC8E975AE03.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
14 hours ago, edo said:

certainly some interest for early in the season... wish I could think of a reason to be up in Aviemore 

I'm working all weekend at Tomatin putting a new bridge in to the Perth to Inverness line.

• Like 5

Posted

Quite non descript day really. Cloudy but dry wee bit of a nreeze nothing major. Not that warm either but not as cold as it was yesterday

• Like 6

Posted

Yellow warnings issued for Scotland Friday and Saturday - gales possibly severe gales, wintry showers low level Grampian. This could get interesting.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Finally managed to get the car washed in between light drizzly showers. Current temp 9.2c. Got down to 2.4c overnight Sunday into Monday. As for the weekend, lets just wait and see, eh?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

3 days is plenty of time for downgrades especially when it comes to high winds although maybe less wind would improve lower level snow chances. The met still only have 35 mph winds max in lower parts of Lanarkshire.

• Like 5

Posted

From the 1.whatever I reported early this morning, the temperature dropped further to 0.5c at 8.30am before beginning to climb to the heady heights of 5.9c at 1.30 before beginning a slow slide downwards again. Currently -0.1c with a DP of -1.0c, first time it’s gone below zero this early in the evening this autumn.

thought I might have seen gritters out on the way home from work tonight but nothing so far and they certainly hadn’t been out on the Slug road this morning. That’ll probably change as we head towards the weekend.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
On 23/11/2021 at 10:52, bomdabass said:

I'm working all weekend at Tomatin putting a new bridge in to the Perth to Inverness line.

well i dont want to be working in it

better layer up....maybe even a balaclava....some double digit minus windchill possible

• Like 5

Posted
12 hours ago, bomdabass said:

Been thinking the weather could be interesting for that for the past week! You able to post any pics from the job?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A sunnier and less breezy day here today. Slightly milder too with a max of 9C which felt quite mild in the sun. 
Can't decide if the weather later in the week is going to be disruptive or not?
My daughter is asking as she is hosting a reunion of her old Uni pals who are arriving either on Friday evening or Saturday morning, mostly by car. The ones that I know of are coming from Newcastle, Cumbria, Dunblane, Fort William, Pitlochry and Keith. Just wondering if there could be any travel problems especially from Keith perhaps on Friday evening or Fort William on Saturday morning.

Meanwhile we are off to Bearsden on Saturday morning till Sunday to visit relatives but hopefully no problems going down that way.

• Like 5

Posted

Very useable day.

Dry, light winds and a max of 8.5c.

Good spells of sunshine, though hazy due to a lot of high altitude cloud.

Nice sunset...

sun.thumb.jpg.47f08a412bc54b1b00d3588a4a0c89e7.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
On 22/11/2021 at 20:09, edo said:

certainly some interest for early in the season... wish I could think of a reason to be up in Aviemore 

Just back from Tomintoul, wet snow falling for two days but melting almost immediately,  but the BBC said loads of heavy snow on the way, Friday in particular.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
On 24/11/2021 at 08:23, CatchMyDrift said:

This looks pretty tasty for some of you lucky people:

animspd2.gif

animzij7.gif

Woah there. Looks like a hoolie for a short time right through the Central Belt on Friday night…..

• Like 8