Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@Norrance it is starting to have a disruptive look to it I think snowfall is going to be mostly north and especially as it gets south of Fife (quite fascinating how that happens when it's sourced from the north), 70mph at least here and close to the east coast being shown run to run with only a bit below that elsewhere and if those highest speeds just off the Fife coast edge toward the likes of me and @Hawesy we might be in a bit of trouble (those speeds could be damaging as they are)  nmmuk-11-54-0.thumb.png.06be6271446ab525edf99aff160d2086.png

Are you expecting the Met Office yellow weather warnings to be upgraded @Kirkcaldy Weather ?

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy snow and 70mph winds for Scotland on Friday,   well it is Autumn after all,   besides I have seen Snow in June, I'm sure others in the Highlands have too.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The sky is clear, and the stars are out. A nice end to an equally nice day.

Temperature high was 8.3⁰C at 01:56 from where it dropped steadily to -0.7⁰C at 21:52 and 0.4⁰C now, humidity is 92%, it’s been windless since daybreak after a gust of 14mph at 03:54, pressure is 1017.3hPa rising slowly, there’s been 2.2mm of rainfall in the last 24 hours but none of it since midnight, cloud cover reduced from 2/8 in the early morning to 0/8 now, and the dew point is at -1⁰C.

• Like 8

Posted

I caught the Met Office  forecast last night. The summary for Friday and Saturday:

Hill snow.

Rain

Gales/severe gales.

Should I wax the sledge?

• Like 5

Posted

Sight frost this morning. Currently about +2c. Should be a pleasant day before the rain hits. The Met forecast is rather underwhelming for these parts unless wind and rain are your thing! "Quite windy" does seem to underplay the wind a little though! 

• Like 3

Posted
9 hours ago, Colin38 said:

Heavy snow and 70mph winds for Scotland on Friday,   well it is Autumn after all,   besides I have seen Snow in June, I'm sure others in the Highlands have too.

Severe gales over the Scottish mountains, gusts possibly over 120 mph. Hopefully shed loads of snow for the ski resorts .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
12 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

This morning's WRF-NMM 0.05° takes the strongest winds and the heaviest precip down the North Sea rather than inland:

nmmuk-52-72-0.thumb.png.6f19b46901e5e22474c7a05ac8413a63.png

animesz3.gif

Possibly a bit of a Rogue run the wrf eu has purples for us nearest the east coast Screenshot_20211125-091035_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b8731f7b9e3cc77bf70e1655e704549c.jpg 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Sceptical said:

Severe gales over the Scottish mountains, gusts possibly over 120 mph. Hopefully shed loads of snow for the ski resorts .

Just hope that the Northerly blast doesn't just blow the snow off the Northerly facing ski runs.

Here sunny with a light frost though temps nudging up now to 3C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Bit scared at this, winds of 50mph+ for here and I'm due west of that sodding huge tree over the back fence. That thing really scares me. If I didn't have the cat I'd clear out for a hotel - and I'm not kidding.

• Like 8

Posted

Definitely a much colder and more raw feel outdoors today, my pws is recording a temperature currently of 2.6c and DP of 0c.

With the amber warning for wind issued, I think I need to move a couple of things in the garden out of harm’s way when I get back tonight but I’m another who is worried about trees with a whole row of Scot’s Pine along the street right behind my block of houses.

• Like 5

Posted

Very dank dark day very typical of December dull and 4c. Snow lying down to around a 1000 feet this morning so not far to go to reach us at 300 feet.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

No mention of the strongest winds making it inland on the met, all their wind warnings only mention coastal areas.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Gusts near 100mph with ukv oh boy Social Media Omg GIF by CTV Comedy Channelnmmukgust.png

nmmukgust.png

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 6

Posted

Looking forward to the first taste of winter during the coming days. It looks like parts of eastern Scotland are in for some interesting weather with potentially strong or even damaging winds aswell as some. In the west winds should not be as strong and I’m not expecting much in the way of snow other than scattered showers. After such a mild and benign autumn it’s good to have seasonal weather just before we enter winter. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
44 minutes ago, jellybaby1969 said:

Very surprised that Strathclyde is not in the amber warning given the large population... As SW Scotland and central is included.

I'm in NL and the current met wind speeds here are barely worth a yellow warning, nothing above 45 mph.

• Like 3