Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Wow big change there Puffy eh? I think folk have been MIA on the thread as its been so bloody boring, nobody's had anything to say really. I've still got a garden full of flowers here and the odd wasp trying to come in. I'm ready for nice crisp cauld stuff now.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

nor'easter next sunday says the pub run.......just in from dog walk......quite a different feel to the air tonight 

fresh and finally November like

Screenshot 2021-11-20 22.53.57.png

• Like 9

Posted
On 20/11/2021 at 22:02, mardatha said:

Wow big change there Puffy eh? I think folk have been MIA on the thread as its been so bloody boring, nobody's had anything to say really. I've still got a garden full of flowers here and the odd wasp trying to come in. I'm ready for nice crisp cauld stuff now.

i think your right.....although normally @Mr Frostbe here whatever....i hope all is well with all the usual suspects who have not appeared yet

• Like 2

Posted

A damp, cloudy start, temperature 2°C with a gentle northerly wind.

Starting to brighten up looking south:

Third picture is from Glenshee this morning. 

Snow symbols creeping back into the Met Office forecasts for end of next week.

20211121_082738.jpg

20211121_083813.jpg

Screenshot_20211121-082900_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 9

Posted

4c here nice looking day to finish putting up elecric fence on neeps for cows and calves. They are still outside but as soon weather gets a bit cooler/wetter /snowier they will be in.

• Like 5

Posted

Ben Wyvis has nice  cap of snow to about 2000feet   

Cold shifting sheep just now at 5c to fresh green field

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.
18 hours ago, mardatha said:

Wow big change there Puffy eh?

Yes, and it kept getting colder until 08:53 today when the temperature hit -0.4⁰C although it bounced back to 7.0⁰C at 14:08 and has since sunk again to 3.2⁰C now, just as the sun is setting, with humidity at 83%, wind 0 to 1mph northwesterly with a maximum gust today of 7mph at 11:08, pressure is 1026.8hPa rising slowly, there’s been 0.2mm of rain today apparently, (melted frost methinks as there have been precious few clouds about,) and cloud cover has been a maximum of 1/8 all day.

Maybe I made a wee mistook with the sandals; my feet are now royal blue. Back to the dressing up cupboard…

21 Nov 21 2 (2).jpg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Nowhere near as sunny as I'd expected today, and far more showers of cold rain. Rather a damp day in fact with a low of 1.9C and high of 5.0C, with most of the daylight hours sat just above 4C. 

Staying cooler than of late by the looks of the models, especially later in the week, but other than that there still seems to be a lot of uncertainty of exactly how things will play out. 

• Like 4

Posted

Well apart from housing cows and calves its officially winter on the farm dung spread .ploughed in  and just two small old grass fields to plough. Electric fence up on neeps and all livestock on winter rations. A bit dull this evening and 6c.

• Like 5

Posted

It’s already down to -1.7⁰C and with humidity at 91%, pressure at 1030.5hPa rising slowly, and no wind whatsoever the dew point has dropped to -3⁰C for the first time this season.

• Like 3

Posted

Unpleasant day of heavy showers and a cold. moderate NW wind.

Some sunshine but not making much difference to the feel of the day.

Max of 5.9c.

Castle Fraser and environs rather sodden looking.

yyu.thumb.jpg.944440f33ccffc8d5a72ab1c902137a9.jpg

uui.thumb.jpg.0ece8b51ef725a3442edac11d8f8e9b4.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

A dry start, temperature 5°C. Noticed a couple of gritters parked up on the Aberdeen by-pass on the commute to work. Pretty sure that's the first time I've seen the gritters out this Autumn.

A colder week in store .

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Nice start to the day, -2c. Chilly but lovely sunrise 

932ADC32-D958-4E5B-9BAE-7199FC6C3FC8.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 9

Posted

At sunrise the sky was gin clear, then by 10am there was a high, thin, marbling effect and now there’s a definite march of thicker cloud coming in from the north. Shame, because it’s been a spectacularly bright, crisp morning.

The overnight temperature went from -2.5⁰C at midnight to a low for the day of -2.9⁰C at 05:15 and has risen since then to a high of 6.4⁰C now, humidity is 85%, wind is 0 to 1mph westerly with a mighty gust of 3mph at 11:24, pressure is 1032.7hPa steady, my weather station has again recorded 0.2mm of rain (melted frost surely,) in a perfectly dry day, cloud cover has built from 0/8 at daybreak to 6/8 now and the dew point is at 4⁰C, so nothing exciting today then.

• Like 5

Posted

Better day today.

Dry with light winds and a tad warmer (max of 8.9c).

Very little in the way of brightness, Aberdeenshire Permagloom™ rules the roost.  Best of the brightness being first thing...

tr.thumb.jpg.d8af89f9ad6f118057ea02083b292e3b.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

A cool and mostly cloudy day here. Max of 7C and min of 1C so no air frost here. Here is the setting sun a wee while ago and how a couple of minutes earlier it lit up the trees and houses opposite.

1B280DB7-3480-439B-8A1D-0C519C91F033.jpeg

7F9AFA86-21FE-46BF-A4CC-D8D40A9FBB8F.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Time for a shift either side with this low so no in depth analysing quite yet however first thought on this is a front stretched across the country mean has roughly -6 850hpa, if we get it after the sun sets add evaporative cooling and a decent snowfall doesn't sound far fetched gens-31-0-120.thumb.png.0f7048caaeb0ec823f251f37106e11c6.pnggens-31-1-120.thumb.png.d8607b993172af0dbc29816be7047b41.png

• Like 7

Posted
On 22/11/2021 at 16:23, CatchMyDrift said:

Some of our northerly, inland & upland members will open their eyes at this one...old school blizzard??

ukgust.thumb.webp.a3a97852d555557db2a655cca44024b6.webpprectypeuktopo.thumb.webp.3b74dd821047a2bc4d1238a8897a03fa.webpukprec-1.thumb.png.92c42d7f4d3c93dd12e9ca9e5ea3c9ac.png

certainly some interest for early in the season... wish I could think of a reason to be up in Aviemore 

• Like 5

Posted

Looking forward to Saturdays weather already! Northerly winds, around these parts, are seldom dull affairs.

Screenshot_20211122-200621_Met Office.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 6