Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted

First flakes of snow of winter here too mixed in the sleet showers with a strong wind at 3c.

• Like 9

Posted

Eerirely calm here (at the moment) do expect the wind to pick up but not sure to what extent. Not half cold too

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Any expansion of the windfield will be diluted by the system losing some energy if it's closer to the land, we're not going to suddenly have 100mph gusts at Falkirk due to a 5 mile change in the track of the low.

Nobody mentioned anything about 100mph+ guts at Falkirk (well, you did) but nonetheless if the system deepens and moves a touch closer to the shoreline (entirely possible), then yes, the winds will pick up inland. Right now nobody knows what will unfold. It might even head further east and we mainly all miss a bullet. I'd stick to Fife coast being hammered though. 

Edited by BurntFishTrousers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Nice to see this place busy with some excitement.

@Northernlights I was up your way last week, along at Findhorn. Lovely setting there and was pleasantly surprised by how picturesque it is up there, especially as it’s not far until you’re up on the Dava Moor which is so bleak.

• Like 6

Posted

Arwen starting to make her presence felt up Peterhead. Very gusty accompanied by heavy showers. The red zone appears to be from 5pm onwards where gusts in excess of 80mph are forecast.

• Like 7

Posted

A lively drive to work on the east Sutherland coast. Sideways rain, sleet and snow in the mix. It’s a day for dossing in-front of the stove watching the Beatles doc but alas i’m out in this mess. Raw as hell. All white back at the house. 

• Like 9

Posted

Been up to my eyes at work and not been following things. Had a double take at the red warning! Certainly looking a lively spell of weather. 

Blue sky and just a brisk breeze here this morning. 

Edited by JamesM
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Yep, remarkably clear in the West of Scotland this morning. Looks pretty stunning out there.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Was very calm up to five minutes ago, now there's sleet blowing right into the front window. A bit on the nippy side too, 2.7c . Not going to be a pleasant day here and will be pure hell over on the east coast. Stay safe everyone! 

• Like 8

Posted
46 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Screenshot_20211126-104903_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08352a97574a016ed88197a2f278f56e.jpgScreenshot_20211126-104919_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ff83e5795c9e7788911fa14cb06a98cc.jpgScreenshot_20211126-104941_Chrome.thumb.jpg.54ab208e6990d2ce0a87cb5ceca1d515.jpg

I'm used to them having me on edges of warnings ha, but @Norrance s disruptive went up to dangerous nowOh My God What GIF by Raghav Bansal

That red highlighted part of the map is my route home  

• Like 7

Posted

Snow showers on and off all morning, light covering in the garden but Bennachie looks white when it clears enough to catch a glimpse. 

Pretty windy but nothing exceptional on that front yet. Heading out with the dog before the worst of it sets in. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well it's turned very white in Westhill, which I wasn't expecting, certainly not at this stage. Properly heavy and dry snow at times too.

On the drive from Alford this morning the car was showing 2/3C and I drove through plenty of heavyish showers of sleet and wet snow. Nothing really lying at road level then, but the hills looked as if they were trying to turn white with wet snow. I'm expecting the drive back to Alford tonight to be even more 'interesting' as the winds ramp up, and MetO forecast showing heavy snow from 16:00.

• Like 8