Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather discussion

Paul

Posted
On 26/11/2021 at 19:24, mardatha said:

Wind sounds like a heavy lorry going past the front door. Not enjoying this at all. Husband is a great help - earphones clamped to lugs; listening to the soaps

Similar experience here. I've turned up Judge Judy ha! I probably would be scared but it's Friday night and the ale is flowing. Burning through the coal though as the chimney emits an F#

Temp 1.5°C snowing but not lying. 

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

My old neighbours are completely treed in:

988170843_Screenshot_20211126-203505_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7761f4719e02537c924f65d66c79fe90.jpg526909609_Screenshot_20211126-203519_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1a15daae36665e7f6417485468c6f4d3.jpg

That's unreal! Windy here but nothing more. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Power restored.

TFFT. 

The candles were lovely, but the only pre-downloaded movie we could find on a device with battery power was Frozen II. 

Edited by Scottish-Irish Skier
  • Like 2

Posted

Third power cut of the evening here. Wind is savage.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Lights are flickering on and off now to can’t imagine how bad it must be in the east 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
28 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Powercuts all over Dunblane, Doune, Braco.

Inland. 

image.thumb.png.76a9163bf61e1c5ee06ba0fe08a2ea2a.png

Even for a shortish range +9h forecast the wrf nmm 2km was absolutely pinpoint with Arwen nmm_uk1-2-8-0.thumb.png.17b5af0e9309ac878bf3efa250e14c80.png

Also was a tweet of a fallen tree on the A92

• Like 3

Posted

Tempting fate but wind seems to be slowly moderating compared to what it was like around 8pm. 

All relative speaking as there are still some very strong gusts.  There is going to be a lot of damage from this storm, plenty fresh firewood as well...

Power now off until at least 1pm tomorrow, kids are in shock and threatening revolution unless we get them a data sim.  Hah, need to improve their negotiation skills.

More concerned about the deep freeze contents, just as well it's in the garage which is currently matching the outside temperature of 2.1c.  Rain stopped in the last hour and amazingly the concrete slab path is already dry.

• Like 3

Posted
32 minutes ago, JoeShmoe said:

Wind is strong here now , stuff all over the road outside and it’s blown the fence panels down 

45B65823-CBCF-4115-8A76-1C25511E9E0C.jpeg

Given you're what 8,9 miles or so away from here it's amazing that the wind is that strong! It's windy here but really quite ordinary. Maybe more sheltered than I anticipated? It is picking up a wee bit now though.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Back home above Lairg it’s snowing hard tonight but winds are beginning to notch back down a tad. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and bright.

The sky came over all deep grey and dangerous earlier this afternoon, but apart from that we seem to have dodged the bullet. So far at least. Having said that, and as I've said before, we're very sheltered here.

Temperature now 3.6⁰C, humidity is 67%, wind is 8 to 14mph northerly with a maximum gust of 21mph at 18:41, pressure is rocketing upwards now at 996.5hPa and no more rain has fallen today. The dew point is at -2⁰C.

26 Nov 21.jpg

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
forgot to post my pic. silly billy.
  • Like 8

Posted

Wild here now in Peebles, thought we had dodged the worst of the wind. Lights flickering like mad.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

This shows power outages. None for me but some bits a mile or so away are dark. Can see stars now but wind still gusting. Temp 1.8C.

POWERTRACK.SSEN.CO.UK

• Like 4

Posted

Latest on power situation here:

This is an update for customers in the Fife area. Due to the exceptional weather as a result of storm Arwen, we are sorry to advise that we now expect your power to be restored by 4pm on the 27th November.

I’m hoping that’s worst case scenario! Lots of trees down locally, worst storm I’ve experienced since I moved here in 2005.

• Like 7

Posted

Wind still going mental here but avoided the rain/snow or whatever was gonna come from the storm had worst in the past but first good blow we had this very late autumn

Edited by NUT
  • Like 2