Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE, London & EA - Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Its a chilly wet miserable morning here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
3 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Still snowing lightly here. Son's managed to get some sledging in on Coulsdon Common near RAF Kenley on the NE Surrey / South London border

Looks like you got the heavy stuff coming in 10-15 minutes on the radar

• Like 1

Posted
41 minutes ago, Stabilo19 said:

Still getting a wintry mix in London under the heavier precipitation. It's quite unusual to see the precipitation constantly switching from rain to snow to rain in seconds. 

Roll on spring!

Being on the cusp is really quite interesting, I remember back in January 2019 in a marginal setup where it switched in seconds depending on exact intensity. Ended up giving about 10cms from it from quite a localised system.

We did have some sleet but with a heavier pulse moving through its Been pure snow for the last 45 mins. Little settling mind you.

All going to have been washed away by the end of play today I suspect this far south, but have fun later on in the North of this region!

• Like 2

Posted

Beginning to think that even if you get a heavy burst for an hour which sticks a few cms down, once it’s passed it will be slush within a couple of hours 

such are the perils of march snowfall without deeply cold uppers entrenched. 

as ever, we live in hope …..

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms in summer, cold/snow in winter
1 hour ago, throwoff said:

Strangely Kent is totally out of the warnings now, yet the latest METO update just went from rain all day from now to snow and sleet till 12 and rain after...

The app is showing rain all the way for next 12 hrs for my neck of the woods. Talk about chopping and changing!

Posted

It's incredibly marginal for those of us in the (northern) North London region. I woke up to a couple of cms of snow this morning which has now largely melted despite some moderate snowfall during the day. The angle of attack from the West vs SW vs South will be important in determining upper temperatures and dew points over the afternoon. I benefited from marginality back in December - my heaviest snowfall for 9 years - and may or may not this time. As Blue said, the perils of spring snowfall... 

• Like 1

Posted

Looked out of the window at 5am to see incredibly heavy fat flakes falling. Nothing settled on the roads and pavements but a centimetre or so managed to accumulate on cars, rooftops and gardens. As with others, precipitation has been cycling between snow, sleet and rain. Mostly melted now with drizzle and some occasional strong gusts of wind.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Shelter, Backyard, Yard, Plant, Tree, Neighborhood, Ice

Could contain: Architecture, Building, House, Housing, Roof, Outdoors

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Very light snow for the past hour or so, nothing settling though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

It's still snowing a little here, but looks to be on the turn.  Was super excited to wake up to the snow this morning though, it always looks so pretty.  We have deer at the bottom of the garden and we can only ever really see them when it snows, so that's a bonus too.  Couple of photo's (not very good, but gives you an idea).

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature, Weather, Snow

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Ice, Weather, Chair, Furniture, Winter, Snow

• Like 6

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
21 minutes ago, Mcconnor8 said:

Looks like you got the heavy stuff coming in 10-15 minutes on the radar

Yep, snow is starting to pep up a bit with more and bigger flakes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Fog, Frost, Storms and Rain if it rains like it means it.

Quite a beefy snow shower again in Fleet. Was out walking the dogs in the woods earlier and with all the melt from the trees it felt (and sounded) like it was heavy rain. Met forecast shows snow until 5pm and then heavy rain, so I guess this is the best it will get. First snow of this winter - it's been a poor year for snow but did enjoy the frosts and ice days.

Could contain: Animal, Canine, Dog, Mammal, Pet, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Tree

Edited by Mizzle
Typo
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature now 1.1 here in Locksbottom and raining now.If only this event had occurred one month earlier then I think we all would have been one degree colder and we all would have had snow with no marganility but it is what it is.We had about 3cms here at its peak at 7am but not even 1cm left now.Will all be gone in next few hours🙁

unless something remarkable happens I feel the dreaded m4 corridor has struck again and anywhere south of there is going to get a lot of rain in the next 3-4 days.Those in bucks Oxfordshire herts and EA good luck and hope you get your snow fix tonight and tomorrow 👍❄️Looking ahead still chances of snow for all the SE region but we really need to get lucky for settling snow as march progresses.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

the drizzle from earlier turned back into sleet/snow again now.

Still have plenty of snow around on the ground, but has become patchy now

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

MILD AIR WINS... Fatality!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Am I the only one being told that we are getting pasted tonight by everyone at work?

For once I would be happy to be completely wrong but I have been saying all day all we are going to get is more rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

big flakes appearing now in amongst the sleet

Posted
3 minutes ago, throwoff said:

Am I the only one being told that we are getting pasted tonight by everyone at work?

For once I would be happy to be completely wrong but I have been saying all day all we are going to get is more rain!

They are wrong

im hearing some here say it too but I just smile and say we will see

Posted

Well its been a non event here  a sleety mess   which looks like it will continue  with bright echos looking like they are on there way.   still been exciting watching the models over the past few days 

Posted
2 minutes ago, SnowBorder said:

Interesting - the rain is turning to sleet again. I had thought the mild sector was here. 

What a turnaround - rain, to sleet, and now it’s snowing again, albeit very wet snow. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
5 minutes ago, SnowBorder said:

Interesting - the rain is turning to sleet again. I had thought the mild sector was here. 

Due to the strength of the precipitation, if you look at the radar a heavy band moving over you currently, will turn to rain again when it passes