Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

A bit of a mixed day here but mostly not really a Summer's day of note - we had a heavy shower move through late afternoon and a few are popping up again now.

It's been mostly cloudy (rather than sunny) and breezy too so not the best summer's day I've ever seen. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

I thought it would stay dry here today, but in the end we didn't fully escape the showers, a couple of light showers moved through late afternoon, barely enough to properly wet the ground though. After a sunny first part of the morning, it was predominantly cloudy with limited sunny breaks this afternoon. A high of 18.4C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not a bad weekend but as already said, it’s hardly summer and what appears to be the 2022 everlasting spring continues.

It was pleasant enough sat out having a few beers in Halifax yesterday afternoon although that nagging wind took the edge of the temperatures throughout the weekend but at least the showers kept away until late afternoon.

hopefully some of the heat forecast for later in the week reaches this far north but looking at the charts, I have a feeling that it’s going to be a couple of warm days before a return to the default of mainly cloudy skies and a cool breeze.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Poor day, cool blustery wind and limited sunshine, other than a brief light one we seem to have dodged the showers for the most part. After tomorrow it looks like a few pleasantly warm days then maybe one hot one. Momentum seems to be in favour of hot now with some parts of the region possibly reaching 28C on Friday especially in the south of the region but a blink and you'll miss it affair. A roasting 35C likely in the London area. Too hot for me they can keep it.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 8

Posted

We too have crossed the border into North Yorkshire. The nagging wind has followed us but at least it's not off the North Sea and prospects for next few days look good, with a gradual increase in temperature. I could do with it being warmer tomorrow as I'm heading to Durham to watch some County cricket with my friends. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

Who's up for some hot weather later this week image.thumb.png.f40978ab2a6f8641faf7ee7de6fa0a27.png

Admittedly lasting around 24 hours or less  But it's something!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Afternoon all. 

Nice start, then around 7.45 it really threw it down. 

Currently milky sunshine and high amounts of cloud. Breezy and pleasantly warm.

• Like 5

Posted

Back home late last night…surprised at the amount of traffic at 1145/midnight… forgot Ed sheran was on… mottram was crazy people blocking roundabout cutting in

feeling fresh out there at 18c compared to 30-34c in Spain… 

wonder if we can squeeze Saturday being warm and sunny as modelled on last few runs? Anything above 25c Friday & Saturday and blue skies & sunny would be great  

• Like 5

Posted

Welcome back to reality.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not a bad day today but still quite a bit of cloud, though this is breaking up more now. Still looking hot for Friday especially south of the Ribble, North Lancs and Cumbria probably missing out on it but probably still warm. Don't think all of that will change much now as we're getting into the reliable.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
9 hours ago, StretfordEnd1996 said:

Who's up for some hot weather later this week image.thumb.png.f40978ab2a6f8641faf7ee7de6fa0a27.png

Admittedly lasting around 24 hours or less  But it's something!

That would be a hell of a temperature gradient over a short distance if it came off like it’s shown.

10c lower in about 30 miles is pretty impressive even for our region which never seems to have a constant type of weather, no matter what’s on offer.

• Like 4

Posted

A mostly cloudy day today, but the sun did break through every now and again this afternoon. It will certainly become very warm for many by the end of the week, with some Southern parts of the region potentially seeing temperatures into the mid to high 20s celcius on Friday. It looks to be a very brief affair though with the heat likely shifted away quite quickly during the weekend.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5

Posted

I love the weather how it’s been today, not too hot, not too cold, not too wet, not too sunny, not too cloudy but a little on the dry side.

I love June love the light mornings and late nights, just need a good fall of rain to get my plants growing good, getting a bit naffed off with spending nearly an hour a day watering

• Like 6

Posted

Glorious, sunny start to the day but a coolish start, with an overnight low of 7.4C. 

• Like 5

Posted

Clouds and some sunshine… 

forecasts seem to be firming up to maximum of 27c here Friday… then 14-16c Saturday now… some going for thunderstorms/heavy showers… 

good day for getting some hours in tidying garden after a quick walk into town for a few bits and bobs 

• Like 6

Posted

I can't think of anything worse than wanting temperatures of mid 30's in this country, which might deliver to some 'darn' south later this week.  Thankfully we'll be on the more 'pleasant' side, I can tolerate mid 20's maybe 26-8 if the humidity is low and the nights not too uncomfortable.  However cooler weather flooding down from the north might make me wish for another warm-up come the weekend!

Edited by dodge
  • Like 8

Posted

20.7c today nearly 3c above what gfs forecast for today… managed to get down and dirty in the undergrowth of our garden.. battling ant nests, swarming flies and wasps whilst our resident robin followed me around, pretty much at my feet.

Hoping Friday will be nice and warm 26-28c… planning indoor outdoor bbq with rack of ribs and chicken drummers

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, dodge said:

I can't think of anything worse than wanting temperatures of mid 30's in this country, which might deliver to some 'darn' south later this week.  Thankfully we'll be on the more 'pleasant' side, I can tolerate mid 20's maybe 26-8 if the humidity is low and the nights not too uncomfortable.  However cooler weather flooding down from the north might make me wish for another warm-up come the weekend!

Yeah, I would have to agree with you regarding temps in the mid 30s. Fine if on holiday, lazing around with a pool to dip in every now and again, otherwise, it's not for me in every day life. It just becomes a nightmare trying to evacuate the heat from the house in summer after a few days of temps into the high 20s and above. I'll make an exception and tolerate the heat if there is a decent chance of thunderstorms as a reward though. Mid 20s celcius is about the limit of my comfort zone, but as you say, humidity is a key factor.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Heat looks like peaking on Friday somewhere south of Manchester may see 30c-31c ☀️ with 24c- 28c north of Manchester so a notably hot day for early summer in the south of the region in particular but thankfully not as extreme as further SE with 32-35c possible closer to some extreme heat over on the continent.

It’s a shame it’s a one day wonder for us as we won’t see any of the warmth in any form hold on for the weekend although the GFS may well be overblowing the almost continental rapid cool down in temperatures into Saturday.

A hot summer looks like setting up over the continent so it may well not be long before we get a second bite of the hot weather cherry ☀️ 

4EABF62F-7CFA-44EA-B71F-640893A0333A.jpeg

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 5

Posted

Forecast is still showing the northern extent of any hot weather probably only reaching the Manchester area and a steep drop off in temperatures after that.

Low to mid twenties will do me fine if that’s what’s on offer up here but it’s looking like a blink and you’ll miss it affair with the weekend looking…….. like most weekend over recent months have done, cloudy, showery and cool.

• Like 4

Posted

Currently 14c sunny and fair weather cloud…might make 22-23c today so hopefully feel warm and be a pleasant day… 

Friday into Saturday looking very unusual, and interesting,  with temperature contrasts over such short distances… hopefully we might see something thundery & stormy 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

A largely cloudy start here. Another warm day coming up. It is looking like a very brief window for hot weather on Friday for some parts. I'd imagine the peak temperatures will occur within the far South-Eastern part of the region. It's a shame it's not delayed by a day to coincide with the weekend.

• Like 4

Posted

Quick one from me.

Out on chauffer duties today but a nice morning and a mackerel sky. 

20220615_071731.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4