Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Just watching live Manchester Airport on YouTube.  Caught a static discharge off the flap on starboard side

VideoCapture_20220605-105341.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
13 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Just watching live Manchester Airport on YouTube.  Caught a static discharge off the flap on starboard side

VideoCapture_20220605-105341.jpg

Biggest surprise was seeing a Tui flight in the air

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A real contrast to the previous few days here. Overcast with persistent drizzle and light rain for most of this morning with some heavier bursts mixed in, a current temperature of 10.3C. Very still out though with hardly a breath of wind.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

By anyones standards it’s been a disgusting days weather.

roll on summer.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

By anyones standards it’s been a disgusting days weather.

roll on summer.

It is Summer isn't it

Joking aside I wholeheartedly agree with you - just a load of grey, drizzly wet nothingness - the rain wasn't actually that heavy until a couple of hours ago where it became much more heavy and persistent. 

That's stopped though now but once again, it's just so bleak out there..

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

No higher than 10C here today which is very poor for June. Had milder days than this in the middle of winter. People back wearing winter coats out and about haha.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!
1 minute ago, Frost HoIIow said:

No higher than 10C here today which is very poor for June. Had milder days than this in the middle of winter. People back wearing winter coats out and about haha.

Think I've had a few overnight lows in January in recent times which haven't got below 11-12'C. 

Awful weather :O 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

Went out for a bike ride along the Leeds/ Liverpool canal mid morning, and it wasn't great; cool and wet - back in spring/autumn gear. Could easily be that time of year - not June. 

• Like 6

Posted

I can't really add anything to the above posts. I'm only glad that Mrs FLT and I were indoors this afternoon at a Jubilee Dance. I'm really sorry for those who had spent time organising street parties for today, it must have been soul-destroying having to go indoors or get wet, or cancel altogether. I'm sure HM would not have wanted that, but such is the British weather! 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Feel sorry for parties today, there hasn't been a break in the clouds and drizzle pretty much all day and it's cold too! I guess for those who could change it in advance they should have seen the forecast was never going to be great today but understand some would have been fixed to parties today.

• Like 7

Posted

Overall a preety decent 4 day Jubilee period, despite the torrential downpours late on Thursday which lasted well into Friday, but thankfully most of the heavy rain came overnight, and it brightened up markedly through Friday afternoon and evening, after a mostly dry sunny Thursday.

Yesterday was excellent, just a nagging breeze took the edge off things, and whilst temps were nothing special, in the sunshine it felt warm.

Today has been a better day than I anticipated, just a brief spit or spot of rain, rather cloudy and lacklustre though, and cool feeling.

Saturday best day, followed by Thursday, equal for Friday and Sunday despite today being dry mainly.

A rather changeable week ahead, good growing conditions, could be unusually windy by the end of the week.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
12 hours ago, Weather-history said:

June 1972

UIwrxKt.jpg

Has it actually reached 21°C (70°F) in Manchester this year? I don’t think it’s got above 19°C here.

39 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Overall a preety decent 4 day Jubilee period, despite the torrential downpours late on Thursday which lasted well into Friday, but thankfully most of the heavy rain came overnight, and it brightened up markedly through Friday afternoon and evening, after a mostly dry sunny Thursday.

Yesterday was excellent, just a nagging breeze took the edge off things, and whilst temps were nothing special, in the sunshine it felt warm.

Today has been a better day than I anticipated, just a brief spit or spot of rain, rather cloudy and lacklustre though, and cool feeling.

Saturday best day, followed by Thursday, equal for Friday and Sunday despite today being dry mainly.

A rather changeable week ahead, good growing conditions, could be unusually windy by the end of the week.

You’ve had better jubilee weather than most of us. Probably because you are more sheltered from the easterly winds up in the lakes. Sunday was warm and dry here but cloudy. Friday and Sunday were the best days here. Today has been completely sunless with moderate to heavy rain during the afternoon, and with a maximum temperature of around 13C.

You are also further north and the weather has generally been better the further north you go so far this June. Oban up in western Scotland was forecast to be 21°C with wall to wall sunshine today! While we get a washout! Looks nice tomorrow there too.

85B7A44A-BB01-4B02-A360-85ADEC0C629C.thumb.png.3b56425758cdaf63331843df30e29263.png2F0B9B38-2BC8-4F39-84FC-6F4A4F5D869A.thumb.png.4565ad9e927db7fd1b7fd4fcb34f0a06.png

12 hours ago, iand61 said:

Aye it’s a case of seeing how far north it gets and how many peoples outdoor plans it ruins.

can’t believe how strong and gusty the wind has been over the last 24 hours, a proper fence panel rattler here.

Strange that, not much wind at all here. I notice I don’t seem to get as much wind as other places... Maybe because I’m in a more sheltered location? Away from the coast but surrounded by hills?

15 hours ago, Snowmad79 said:

Flippin heck, the sky is really Red this morning like when saharan dust gets blown up over Europe. I have never seen such a red sky, very strange!

Red sky at night,

shepherds delight.

Red sky in the morning,

sailors warning.

As the old saying goes. Definitely correct today going by today’s weather!

11 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

It does rather look like the wet weather is going to hang around for much of today. At least the majority of the long bank holiday has been largely dry during daytime hours for most in the region.

We’ve certainly done better than the last jubilee ten years ago. Which was mostly a washout especially in London. But today has been grim - had to put the heating back on!

9 hours ago, carl1980 said:

Weather warning cancelled 

I’m not surprised, thunderstorm warnings never verify these days. Used to get excited for a thunderstorm only to be disappointed... So now I just ignore them.

Edited by East Lancs Rain
  • Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

Went out for a bike ride along the Leeds/ Liverpool canal mid morning, and it wasn't great; cool and wet - back in spring/autumn gear. Could easily be that time of year - not June. 

I was waiting for the punch line expecting you to ride into the canal where it was warmer and drier.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
1 hour ago, RobR said:

Feel sorry for parties today, there hasn't been a break in the clouds and drizzle pretty much all day and it's cold too! I guess for those who could change it in advance they should have seen the forecast was never going to be great today but understand some would have been fixed to parties today.

A very cool wet Summer 2012esque day here in the south of the region today in particular with some more rain possible tonight-  a really poor day although the rest of the Jubilee weekend hasn’t been that bad nowhere near hot but pleasantly warm at times in some decent sunny spells.

June rarely provides any summer like heat until the latter half of the month  anyway but today really was poor - I only reached 12c!  

☔️ 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

I was waiting for the punch line expecting you to ride into the canal where it was warmer and drier.

Ha ha  I actually saw more ducks, moorhens & coots on the canal bank than in the canal - so they must have thought it was better on land.

• Like 6

Posted

Foggy on the hills, still overcast and a cool damp 8° currently.  My aunt and uncle are in their 70's and are renewing their wedding vows this Saturday, hoping for a brighter day for them.  

• Like 5

Posted
11 hours ago, Joe Snow said:

A very cool wet Summer 2012esque day here in the south of the region today in particular with some more rain possible tonight-  a really poor day although the rest of the Jubilee weekend hasn’t been that bad nowhere near hot but pleasantly warm at times in some decent sunny spells.

June rarely provides any summer like heat until the latter half of the month  anyway but today really was poor - I only reached 12c!  

☔️ 

Fully agreed. It seems from our Lakes reporters that the further north you were yesterday, the better. It was a washout here in the south of the region and I was only glad that the events I attended were all indoors!  

• Like 7

Posted

Afternoon all.

a very dull day. 14°C and feeling rather cool.

• Like 7

Posted

Apart from a spell of heavier stuff later in the afternoon, yesterdays rain was more nuisance value up here but with a gusty wind from a coolish direction, it certainly didn’t feel like early summer.

today was better but still nothing to write home about.

Edited by iand61
Spelling mistake
  • Like 9

Posted

Some very early rain, but the bulk of the day has been dry and bright with good sunny spells. Not overly warm though. Turning into a chilly start to June.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Probably be gone on the next run but these 20C isotherms seem to be becoming a more regular thing further north these days. Prior to 2003 they rarely if ever got beyond southern France.

ECM0-192.GIF?06-0

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, Frost HoIIow said:

Probably be gone on the next run but these 20C isotherms seem to be becoming a more regular thing further north these days. Prior to 2003 they rarely if ever got beyond southern France.

ECM0-192.GIF?06-0

Keep them coming.

I was seriously thinking about putting the heating on over the weekend and then remembered it was June.

I put a fleece on instead, it’s cheaper

• Like 7

Posted
57 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Keep them coming.

I was seriously thinking about putting the heating on over the weekend and then remembered it was June.

I put a fleece on instead, it’s cheaper

Its generally around now I stop putting on the electric heater, the main heating went off permanently a few weeks back.

• Like 6

Posted

Morning All.

16°C already and it's sunny with practically no wind.

Typically, I'm on chauffeur duties when I really need to be doing the outside jobs.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 6