Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Another day or two and we'll be at peak sunrise time before the draw out commences on the 23rd. 

Latest sunrise will start on the 19th before gradually drawing in as we enter July.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A bright start today and looks like being a better day than yesterday, predominantly dry with temperatures into the low 20s celcius this afternoon, but breezy. Perfect conditions for being out and about in my view.

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, severe snowstorm said:

A bright start today and looks like being a better day than yesterday, predominantly dry with temperatures into the low 20s celcius this afternoon, but breezy. Perfect conditions for being out and about in my view.

It was a bright start here but clouded over now and even 1-2 spots of rain in the air. 

• Like 4

Posted
22 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

It was a bright start here but clouded over now and even 1-2 spots of rain in the air. 

Still mostly sunny here, but looks like a small corridor of light showers has run through the far South of the region which we've avoided here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A decent afternoon for early finish Friday although by the time I’d got sorted the early finish was barely noticeable.

anyway a bit of accumulated rubbish to get shut of in the time that’s left of the afternoon.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A warm partly sunny blustery day and I'll leave you with a taster of where i'm off to shortly.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

A warm partly sunny blustery day and I'll leave you with a taster of where i'm off to shortly.

I’ve had some decent times at the Saddleworth Whit Friday marches although not been for many years.

I can’t play a note myself but like listening to others, especially with a in ? 

strangely enough the weather always seemed similar to today, never a heatwave and always the threat of a shower but I can’t remember anything approaching a washout.

anyway enjoy and I hope you stay dry, on the outside at least

• Like 5

Posted
13 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Whit Friday was actually last Friday, but the Jubilee Bank Holiday festivities presumably took precedent. Mrs FLT is from Rochdale and was telling me about the Whit walks and festivities in her childhood. We had nothing like that 'down south'! Enjoy!

Turned into a nice afternoon and the few spots of rain earlier amounted to nothing

• Like 5

Posted
12 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Whit Friday was actually last Friday, but the Jubilee Bank Holiday festivities presumably took precedent. Mrs FLT is from Rochdale and was telling me about the Whit walks and festivities in her childhood. We had nothing like that 'down south'! Enjoy!

Turned into a nice afternoon and the few spots of rain earlier amounted to nothing

Whit Friday was always a pretty big thing around these parts although it seems to have mostly died off apart from the brass band competitions around Saddleworth  and Tameside.

there’s certainly nothing like it in this part of East Lancashire anymore and most of the local bands used to compete over Saddleworth instead.

• Like 5

Posted

It's been a warm day today, a high of 22.6C. There has been a strong and gusty breeze, which was most welcome to temper the warmth whilst I was out for my bike ride just now. However, it was hard work at times on the inclines heading straight into the wind. Now the exercise is done, time for curry and beer.

• Like 7

Posted

Arrived. Packed.

A few threatening clouds but dry so far.

20220610_180347.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Eyes on a potential hot spell next weekend - first 30c for the NW of the year maybe? Too far off to get excited or dread in equal measure but one to watch  

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Joe Snow said:

Eyes on a potential hot spell next weekend - first 30c for the NW of the year maybe? Too far off to get excited or dread in equal measure but one to watch  

Oooof, daughter and I doing a Friday to Monday trip down memory lane to see Rory the Tiger at Presthaven Sands, Prestatyn next weekend.  What a bonus if we get the weather too.

• Like 5

Posted
11 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Oooof, daughter and I doing a Friday to Monday trip down memory lane to see Rory the Tiger at Presthaven Sands, Prestatyn next weekend.  What a bonus if we get the weather too.

https://youtu.be/7roF7I4K5P8

You'll never get that song out of your head lol.

• Like 5

Posted

Off over the border into Calderdale today for lunch and a few afternoon beers with daughter, partner and his family so just hoping that the dreaded scattered showers scatter themselves well clear of the Halifax area.

then it’s all eyes to the potential arrival of summer later next week and whether it will reach this far or if the dreaded NW SE split will give lovely conditions darn sarf while we look on enviously in our partly cloudy mid teens temperatures.

it’s not a for us.

• Like 5

Posted

A decent start to the day with sunny spells, but clouds are bubbling up readily, so we may start seeing the showers that are forecast before too long. Radar showing some light showers have indeed started to develop not that far from here. Very breezy out.

• Like 4

Posted

Yes, it's been a lovely start to the day.  Wind almost took the cardboard out of my hands whilst recycling earlier.  Hoping the showers stay away long enough not to spoil wedding photos for my aunt and uncle renewing their vows this pm.  Clouding over a bit now though.  Enjoy the day whatever you are all doing.

• Like 5

Posted

Sunny start at 6.30 but the dreaded cloud cover has now completely consumed the sky with no blue in sight.  A few light showers showing tk my South but I'm brave and the washings on the line.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Subject to change as it's still a bit beyond the reliable but at this stage it doesn't look like we'll get beyond about 25C next Friday/weekend even in the more favoured parts of the region for heat such as Cheshire. So probably very warm as opposed to hot. And it might be just a one day wonder as well for those kinds of temps. The SE corner though as usual is hotter, gets it earlier and has it longer. Off out for a Chinese later and drink a few of my favourite Adnam's Broadside beers when we're back. 

• Like 4

Posted

Just one or two light showers here today in the end, which occurred around late morning/lunchtime, but dry from around early afternoon onwards. A warm day again, despite the wind, a high of 20.7C.

• Like 5

Posted

A mostly sunny morning here, but still rather breezy. Looking like being a mostly dry day for Southern parts of the region at least. A slow rise in max temperatures looking likely as we go through this week so could be very warm by the end of the week.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 5