Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I might have missed out on the heaviest showers yesterday but today has more than made up for it.

a few bits of sunshine appeared this afternoon but the showers were never far away and it’s hammering it down again now.

oh and still coolish and all in all, unseasonably crap.

let’s see what June brings but if past years are anything to go by then I’ll be humming sunshine on a rainy day more than mister blue sky.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

And just like that sunshine in the evening. Oh well summer begins tomorrow the only difference is the rain gets a bit warmer.

• Like 6

Posted

A wet day here, showers preety much merged into a lengthy spell of rain this afternoon and quite heavy at times. The evening has seen things clear out, and we currently have some sunshine. We are now firmly into the 'long evenings' of twilight.. 

Most notable feature of the day is how cool it has been, temps this afternoon hovered around 10 degrees most of the time, well below par for the time of year.

Tomorrow may see a change of fortunes for us, southern parts could be plagued by rain quite a bit of the time, here just showers, and they are forecast to be fewer and lighter. 

Outlook for the 4 day Jubilee period keeps us on our toes, not looking at all bad for the region, we will be best placed for driest conditions away from the NE flow and lowering heights to our south, but we could see some showery rain on Friday. Warming up as well, it needs to! 2 days with heating on and its June tomorrow, many a day in October doesn't need to be on.

• Like 8

Posted
5 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Come on @WillinGlossop, tell us all how wonderful it is.

British summer starts tomorrow but we look like we are entering ? season again.

20220531_171818.jpg

Had mate Harriet say how horrible it’s been 8-10c rain drizzle rain in glossop…

trip on bus to Mahon…. 27c sunny and Misty comings and goings….bbq pork for tea… but have had sea fog on south coast…. Friends arriving tomorrow… picking them up in a rental car… if they get here??? They are on Iberia so should be ok   supposedly 32-33c tomorrow… we shall see  

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

And just like that sunshine in the evening. Oh well summer begins tomorrow the only difference is the rain gets a bit warmer.

Been like that for weeks in glossop cloudy/rainy/drizzly all day 4-5pm sunshine

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold

Been very poor the last couple of days, although yesterday wasn’t that wet, just one brief heavy shower. Barely any sun. Max temp just 10/11°C and not much better today, about 6-7°C below average for late May here. Today was pretty bad too, at one point this afternoon it was 12°C and heavy rain. 

From tomorrow onwards it does look better though, 15-19°C and dry with plenty of sun. Ideal conditions for me really. Just hope the heatwaves stay away this summer. Anything much above 22/23°C and it’s too hot for me!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, not too cold
9 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Come on @WillinGlossop, tell us all how wonderful it is.

British summer starts tomorrow but we look like we are entering ? season again.

20220531_171818.jpg

After having had mostly high pressure in control since last August a switch to low pressure is inevitable at some point... A 2007/2012 summer on the way??

17 hours ago, jimben said:

Dry overnight with a low of 6c. Calm. Atmospheric cloudscapes with clouds pouring over the ridges and into the gullies of nearby mountains. Currently overcast and 10.3c

We had warmer weather on New Year’s Day! I went to a New Years eve party and remember how mild it was. Still 12°C well into the early hours. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all. 

Its actually dry with sunny spells.

Some big shower clouds to my West but there not coming here for the time being. 

Chauffeur duties have taken me to Denton this morning but I should be back soon.

• Like 5

Posted

Much better day so far than yesterday. Stayed dry so far.. and much milder current temp 17.3 degrees. Showers seem to be hitting Pennine areas may see a rogue light one this afternoon.

• Like 5

Posted

Just a few spots of rain today but not enough to wet the ground. Tomorrow looking bright and pleasantly warm

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

An almost dry day here. Pleasant usable weather.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Just a few spots of rain today but not enough to wet the ground. Tomorrow looking bright and pleasantly warm

Tomorrow arrived early then  Damp and pretty cloudy start to the day but the sun came out this afternoon and has remained warm and fairly sunny. Looking at the charts longer range, there is a decent chance HP will stick around long enough to keep the wet mush away for a short while. How long before the proper BBQ weather is back ?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Best day of the week so far; dry, increasingly sunny and feeling pretty warm and just in time for the extended BH.

Let’s hope it hasn’t peaked to soon

• Like 6

Posted

Quite a cool misty/foggy walk to work this morning, hills not visible.  Still need my coat on.  Had a brief shower a little while ago, now dried up.  Huge, beautiful cumulus filled skies, slow moving though.  Feels a touch muggy since the shower.

20220601_064713.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

A bit of a way out but the chance of some early cold and significant snow for New Zealand South Island further into June. Of course being in the southern hemisphere the further south you are the closer to Antarctic air masses. Favoured places like Queenstown could get a dumping. Even coastal Invercargill should see at least falling snow with this airmass.

gfsau-1-264.png?12gfsau-2-252.png?12

• Like 4

Posted

A coolish but sunny start to the day and with no other plans, it looks like a day for working in the garden with maybe a few beers sat outside our local later.

I just hope that the forecasted “isolated” showers keep away from here.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A sunny and cool start here too, but things warming up steadily with the strong sun getting to work, currently 15.6C. The dreaded gardening awaits, and I don't think I'll be saved by the rain!

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

A sunny and cool start here too, but things warming up steadily with the strong sun getting to work, currently 15.6C. The dreaded gardening awaits, and I don't think I'll be saved by the rain!

Hate it myself but it seems better when it’s done in the sunshine.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

It's a hard life in the Greek islands but someone's got to do it the picture should say it all 31c with a feel like temperature of 35c beautiful  

20220602_131819.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
46 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Hate it myself but it seems better when it’s done in the sunshine.

Yeah, as long as it's not too hot with a cooling breeze, nice to be out in the sunshine and top up the vitamin D as well. 

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

It's a hard life in the Greek islands but someone's got to do it the picture should say it all 31c with a feel like temperature of 35c beautiful  

20220602_131819.jpg

Looks fab, perfect weather for lazing around with a few cool beers, interspersed with a dip in the pool every now and again.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Weather-history said:

Forecast has changed.  Met Office is going for it being wetter from late afternoon and overnight.

No surprise there and no doubt Sundays wet weather will do what a snow filled system never would, dump everything further north.

I’ll take it wet overnight providing it clears off sharpish tomorrow but hope showers don’t spoil the afternoon and daylight part of the evening.

• Like 4

Posted

The sunshine turned hazy this afternoon as some clouds have moved in. It's turned into a warm day though, temp currently 21.6C.

• Like 3