Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Unlikely to affect us but the Storms thread is going nuts re possibilities for tonight.

Down south I guess then

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Completely un weather related but along with most people, we’re trying to cut back on spending and decided to cancel Sky sports a couple of weeks ago.

It hasn’t disappeared yet and I watched the Southampton v Liverpool last night then went to bed.

I got up this morning and turned the TV and it was being shown again.

Came home from work and…….yes you’ve guessed it so I turned Sky Sports News on to be met with adverts in the same way as happens practically every time I do so.

nowt against Liverpool or adverts for that matter but any lingering thoughts as to whether I should have cancelled the sports package has been put to bed now.

anyway back to the weather, the sun is still out and no immediate signs of rain so hopefully time for a couple of hours in the garden.

• Like 7

Posted

BBC forecast had us under heavy rain at 7pm. It's not even reached Wolverhampton.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Been good to not have the heating on at all recently. Indoor temps more than adequate and given the soaring costs and greedy energy bosses it's a good job. As for today and onwards not been a bad day again some warm sunny spells mixed with fair weather stuff but more rain likely later on.....we'll most likely miss the thunderstorms we almost always do. Already the grass is growing a bit after the recent rain, sun and warm temps. Probably have to cut it again next week unfortunately.

• Like 5

Posted
15 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Been good to not have the heating on at all recently. Indoor temps more than adequate and given the soaring costs and greedy energy bosses it's a good job. As for today and onwards not been a bad day again some warm sunny spells mixed with fair weather stuff but more rain likely later on.....we'll most likely miss the thunderstorms we almost always do. Already the grass is growing a bit after the recent rain, sun and warm temps. Probably have to cut it again next week unfortunately.

Just cut our back lawn.

the front one is smaller, easier to cut plus grows slower so that will do for a day or so.

• Like 5

Posted

19.7c today 20c on car… nice walk around manor park feeding ducks then a bit of shopping and  then gardening… lots of washing which was dangled out of windows and dried quickly… good jog before rain this evening… made Cajun poussin and red rice for tea… 

0A1C0310-5EDF-4D07-B0F2-6817FD1950D7.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

A good day mostly, once again the evening has seen rain set in, but it was later today, not until about 8.30pm which is very acceptable. As said don't mind rain during the evening and night if it means dry sunny warm weather in the day.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A quite start after overnight rain.

Weak sunshine through a milky sky and a very slight breeze.

Virgin A330 G-VWAG is visible on its way in from Islamabad.

20220519_065451.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 7

Posted

Sun has broken through here and a gorgeous day with blue skies and warm sunshine. Off across the border to N Wales tomorrow for a week. Tomorrow is not looking v promising but hopefully the high pressure will influence the weather after that. 

• Like 8

Posted

A bit of a cloudy and coolish start to the day but once the sun broke through it didn’t take long for the cloud to shift and the temperatures to respond.

a cracking day since

• Like 6

Posted

Excellent day in May, just how I like them. We've lost the humidity of recent days and imported cleaner fresher air. Blue skies and clear air. Temp currently 15 degrees indicative of the change in airstream. Give me a day like today any day rather than a humid hazy day milky skies with 21 degrees. Its because we can have days like today in May which gives reason why it's my favourite month. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 6

Posted

Crazy weather in Colorado but not unheard of. Roasting hot today at 30C in Denver  and then steady snow starting tomorrow afternoon lasting through most of Saturday and not much above freezing! ☃️ 

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Denver 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Crazy weather in Colorado but not unheard of. Roasting hot today at 30C in Denver  and then steady snow starting tomorrow afternoon lasting through most of Saturday and not much above freezing! ☃️ 

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Denver 7 day weather forecast including weather warnings, temperature, rain, wind, visibility, humidity and UV

Gosh is such weather normal in late May. I can understand the heat but would have thought by now any polar incursions would be significantly cancelled out by the warming land and strength of sun. I can see the reason for such abrupt change, a long fetch northerly all the way from the pole.. must be major amplification taking place.. unusual though I would think. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave
9 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Gosh is such weather normal in late May. I can understand the heat but would have thought by now any polar incursions would be significantly cancelled out by the warming land and strength of sun. I can see the reason for such abrupt change, a long fetch northerly all the way from the pole.. must be major amplification taking place.. unusual though I would think. 

I fly out a week on Sat for Netweather Tour 3 to Denver. 30C by then again!

• Like 5

Posted

Been a lovely day today, just zapped some stubborn dandelion roots with weed killer.  Maybe some convective action tomorrow, the region is in ESTOFEX margins for some activity, typical I'm in work till 6.30pm.  Prefer UK weather to Colorado's extremes.

Screenshot_20220519-201157_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
4 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Not unheard of in late April over there to have huge extremes but probably not so much now I'd have thought a month later. All the more remarkable given it's as far south as mid Spain with a high sun. Makes me wonder if it'll even settle tomorrow given today's hot weather and a UV of 10! Going to find a webcam and take a look tomorrow or a quick search of peoples Twitter pictures should suffice.

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not unheard of in late April over there to have huge extremes but probably not so much now I'd have thought a month later. All the more remarkable given it's as far south as mid Spain with a high sun. Makes me wonder if it'll even settle tomorrow given today's hot weather and a UV of 10! Going to find a webcam and take a look tomorrow or a quick search of peoples Twitter pictures should suffice.

How high is Denver must be very high indeed. Any sunshine would melt it in an instance. 

• Like 4

Posted
34 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

How high is Denver must be very high indeed. Any sunshine would melt it in an instance. 

Very high. Between 1,500m and 1,700m. Even so where Denver is at 39 degrees north the sun at those southerly latitudes is very strong at this time of year so as you say would likely melt it in no time should it settle.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
10 hours ago, Rush2112 said:

Been a lovely day today, just zapped some stubborn dandelion roots with weed killer.  Maybe some convective action tomorrow, the region is in ESTOFEX margins for some activity, typical I'm in work till 6.30pm.  Prefer UK weather to Colorado's extremes.

Screenshot_20220519-201157_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, decent chance of lightning today according to Estofex, but no mention of any such risk at all on the metoffice regional forecast, so will be interesting to see how it pans out. With Estofex showing that level of lightning risk for the whole region, I'd be surprised if there was no convective activity anywhere, but we'll see who was right later today.

• Like 6

Posted

Looking at the short-range models for today I would put my money on Ashbourne being the place to be for anyone wanting to see some lightning, initiation should start any-time past 3pm once daytime heating gets going under clearer skies with the best chances for the NW between 4pm - 6pm, although the destabilisation doesn't last long as it follows behind the trough. As always with showers-setup it's a hit & miss affair but the short-range precip models do agree on Ashbourne being the one location with a distinct forecast rainfall signature.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
11 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Very high. Between 1,500m and 1,700m. Even so where Denver is at 39 degrees north the sun at those southerly latitudes is very strong at this time of year so as you say would likely melt it in no time should it settle.

I think it's known as the 'mile high' city.....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms
18 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

default_card_315.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

I would love to live in Colorado because of huge contrast in temperatures. You wake up in the morning with warm-hot sunshine and then when you go to bed it be snowing!! Bonker weather over there!! 

Edited by pip22
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

As a cyclist, Boulder, Colorado always looks fabulous; whether the tarmac roads, or the off road MTB trails.....(Not jealous at all )

• Like 4

Posted

Convective initiation has begun across Cheshire, now time to see where any thundery cells head up to during the next few hours until dusk.

• Like 4

Posted

Early finish Friday although later than expected so its feet up and relax while I wait for the threatening looking clouds to dump what threatening looking clouds usually do.

the garden can wait until tomorrow.

• Like 4