Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

Parts of Lancashire in the thundery sweet spot today.  Just a few rumbles & short lived downpours in my back garden.... better day tomorrow for outdoor activities. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looks like most of the action today was further west. Just a couple of downpours here with a brief rumble of thunder but nothing too exciting. Just hope the grass doesn't grow too quick now with this warm and wet spell. Probably be a jungle in a week after cutting it yesterday as more rain likely tomorrow evening.

• Like 5

Posted

As others have said excellent growing weather at present. Warm sunny and wet.

A mixed day with four distinct episodes. Started off dry, moderate rain late morning, a warm sunny dry afternoon followed by a wet evening.

Today reminds me of many a day last May just alot warmer. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Wet Terriers. What’s not to like?

Three good soakings yesterday. Mid afternoon humid and the liveliest with sheet ⚡️ and stair rods  

Lovely  

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A decent but no doubt frustrating days weather coming up as dry, warm and sunny conditions give way to rain just in time to ruin the evening.

It looks like the jobs in the garden will have to wait although given the speed that things are growing, hopefully it won’t be too long.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all.

A cracking day compared with yesterday. Partly sunny and a pleasant breeze. Managed to get the washing on the line early so it should be dry when I get back.

Our school taxi driver rang me to say she wasn't to good. My son needed dropping at school and also needed his Covid booster. I thought it would be a good idea to get his jab and then take him to school whilst my wife was doing a visit. At the Chemist, the question was asked if he had contracted covid in the last 12 weeks. He had faint positive twice mid April. The chemist said that he couldn't have it for 12 weeks. He said, having vaccine booster to soon after, causes your heart lining to become inflamed.

Currently sat on Darton Road Carpark on chauffeur duties waiting for my wife to come out of the office at Tameside.

• Like 5

Posted

19c feels warm in sunshine ☀️ 

torrential showers with rolling thunder in Yorkshire yesterday afternoon/evening… just cooking brunch then walk into Glossop 

Enjoy your day in the sun peeps ☀️  

• Like 6

Posted

Danebank at the moment.  

Seriously cooking even with the windows open

• Like 5

Posted

Warm day nearly not quite topped out at 21 degrees.. quite common for 21 degrees to be recorded before May is out.. plenty of time yet.. though today expected to be the warmest of the current warm spell and a general cooling trend rest of the week on the cards though tomorrow could be equally as warm

Rather hazy milky skies, bits of sunshine. Heavy band of rain on.its way should be shortlived but could deposit a fair amount and may well be gone before sunset, such are the length of the days now, you can have many days weather in one now.. wet mornings warm sunny dry eves and vice versa.

• Like 6

Posted

I see some blue echoes appearing now in parts of the region.  Overcast but so far has been lovely.  Current temp 20° with a bit of a wind picking up.  Meet Billy no mates, there's only one single bloom on my peony this year.

20220517_163507.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Been a decent day overall with some good sunny spells but has now properly clouded over with a belt of rain on the way. Possibly a repeat performance tomorrow; warm sunshine then rain later on. Enjoying this spring so far nothing overly cool, although I was in France for a month but it wasn't too bad here in the UK, enough sun by day and rain mostly in the evening. If it's like this through summer I won't mind. Do we really need high 20s temps and the Azores parked over us all the time? Everywhere looked barren in 2018 because of that. But each to their own.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
19 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Been a decent day overall with some good sunny spells but has now properly clouded over with a belt of rain on the way. Possibly a repeat performance tomorrow; warm sunshine then rain later on. Enjoying this spring so far nothing overly cool, although I was in France for a month but it wasn't too bad here in the UK, enough sun by day and rain mostly in the evening. If it's like this through summer I won't mind. Do we really need high 20s temps and the Azores parked over us all the time? Everywhere looked barren in 2018 because of that. But each to their own.

Agreed but can I move the rain into the overnight period so the longer evenings aren’t spoiled and I can spend the time in the garden rather than suffering watching the soaps

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow
2 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Yep agreed - summer 2020 was a good half way house better than summer 19 and summer 21 but not the relentless barren dry heat of summer 2018 - June 2018 was a stunner of a month though for NW England it has to be said. June 2020 was very thundery locally with 3 decent shots of warmth late June, July & early August without the extreme overnight humidity London & the SE had in that early August hot spell. Something similar this year wouldn’t be too bad a summer ☀️ ⛈ 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Wierd weather here.. heres photos to the left and right of my garden

FD67D122-BCE3-4F1A-A21E-F82CE17B821D.jpeg

8C338679-8100-4F35-BD40-848A53A3ECB7.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

And  

8219D683-42C6-4FD2-98F0-F0C8E453512B.jpeg

07118D55-D4B3-4762-8CD6-737852F127EE.jpeg

70662E06-8EB5-49F7-83D9-2A7DEBD2420C.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Reached 23c today… very warm humid evening before rain came still 17c 

Great long weekend away with mates and ex work colleagues in Kent/London… sunny ☀️ warm weather and a little sunburn to show for it… 

Still meant to be 19-20c tomorrow ☀️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another warm day today, sunny this morning and then clouded in during the afternoon. A period of steady rain arrived around 18:00, which has now cleared through with one or two showers following. Another warm, muggy day with a high of 22.3C.

• Like 4

Posted

It looks like today is very much a repeat of yesterday with a dry, sunny and pretty warm day turning into a wet evening.

just hope that the rain holds off until after dark rather than about 10 minutes after I got home from work as was the case yesterday.

i didn’t even have time to dig out my gardening clothes before postponing it until today.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yes, a repeat of yesterday seems to be on the cards today. A lovely sunny start and will turn into another warm sunny day for the most part, with a spell of heavy rain/showers moving through early evening. I finally relented and cut the lawn last Saturday. I'm probably going to have to do it again fairly soon with this combination of warm and wet weather meaning the grass will probably rocket up again in no time.

• Like 5

Posted

No Chauffeuring today as Ali (my wife) doing here post graduate at home.

Clear blue skies earlier although the puffy clouds are taking over.

Washing out, weeds in my sights and taxi driver better so no unplanned runs to Failsworth. 

• Like 6