Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Yes, much lighter winds today and a mostly sunny start with patchy cloud cover. Pleasant out, currently 15.3C. It is certainly going to be a warm feeling day. 

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Regretted putting a jacket on to go to the paper shop this morning. Passed a chap from my estate on the way and he muttered something like "enjoy it before the thunder storms tonight". Has he been looking at the Storms thread I wonder?! 

There is a risk of heavy showers in the early hours of tomorrow morning. Perhaps an outside chance of a rumble of thunder.

• Like 4

Posted

Currently 15'c in Buxton after a cloudy start to the morning with temps expected to peak at around 21'c. In terms of storm forecasts it doesn't look like we'll be seeing much tonight with only a 10% chance issued by the convective forecasts, however the Met Office has a line a convective showers expected to move north throughout late tomorrow-morning which look to be initiated around mid-Cheshire and moving up into Lancashire by the afternoon.

Anything past late Sunday is 'messy' in terms of forecasting but given Monday morning is the Lunar Eclipse i'll be hoping we can at least get a nudge of Higher Pressure build in for some clear skies during the early morning hours.

• Like 4

Posted

Thankfully the winds have dropped markedly and it feels much better than at any stage all this week. Quite humid and a fine day ahead and coinciding with Saturday.. best part of the year just around the corner..next weekend mark's the start.. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted

Virtually cloudless skies here now with a very gentle wind and temp up to 18.3C so far.

• Like 3

Posted

Finally caught up tidying the garden (covid and a flood in the kitchen/living room set me back 3 weeks) all bedding plant are in the pots.  A beautiful afternoon, odd snippet of cloud and 20°.  Love a bit of thunder, so some radar watching tomorrow.  

20220514_141958.jpg

20220514_142121.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Caught this familiar beauty flying over the Peaks today although admittedly i've been watching PA474 all afternoon on FR24 to see if they'd be doing a 'Dambusters Run' or not (they didn't), but I quickly noticed they did a second-pass over Leek which took them on a flightpath NNEwards that got within eye & earshot of my garden. Spotted them easily under the blue skies as they cleared the top end of the Goyt and followed them by eye all the way down past Chinley Churn.

DSC_0016.thumb.JPG.bb3a63e2e3df481f8ace21930449df91.JPGDSC_0021.thumb.JPG.1444ec2c3028b0d4d43d13591d376df5.JPG

• Like 8

Posted

It's certainly been a very warm afternoon. Mostly sunny and the temperature has reached 22.7C right now which is probably just about the peak for today. Really wish I had not left mowing the lawn until this afternoon. It's been hot work with practically no wind to provide any cooling.

Edited by severe snowstorm
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A cloudy start but since early afternoon it’s been pretty much clear blue skies and lovely warm conditions.

Not the best conditions for working in the garden but certainly decent for the few beers and BBQ that followed.

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely blue sky here in Rochdale town centre this evening. Warm enough to sit outside too. Not bad for mid May. 

20220514_191133.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Temperature peaked at 23.3C here this afternoon. Temps are not dropping that fast this evening, still pleasant out. Now time for a few cool ales.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Gorgeous late Spring day sunny skies and barely a breath of wind - 22c

☀️ 

• Like 6

Posted

A nice end to the day on Kerridge Ridge, and it's the first time this year i've had the window open after dark to let the daytime heat out of the house. I doubt there'll be anything of significance locally overnight in terms of thundery activity but i'll be up until 2am watching the radar just in-case.

05.thumb.jpg.14cd0eb13748d18e75b647ea842a99a5.jpg06.thumb.jpg.2e71bec56088ecf79275c1f79edae1da.jpg

10.thumb.JPG.7ab25170fe7e8b356210f5d2b2d7aa40.JPG13.thumb.JPG.2bf3b2d13f5f1f37f66da4cee2843e5d.JPG

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A cloudy, damp, morning with a bit of drizzle in the air.

• Like 4

Posted

Mostly cloudy start here too, but dry. Muggy, with temperature currently 16.2C. Sun is just starting to burst through every now and again.

• Like 3

Posted

24c yesterday in Hernia Bay and Whitstabubble Kent… lovely catch up with peeps… off to West Ham vs City game ⚽⚽⚽⚽️  

19c rain/drizzle today… maybe something heavier in a bit at Stratford international… 

Have a good Sunday everyone 

1B5F9B79-9466-4473-8D0D-F24202A4F957.jpeg

6920F14F-26F5-4E3C-8EC9-D7CA9CFD4016.jpeg

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

Warm morning already 18.8 degrees. Fair amount of cloud blue sky punching through. Hopefully can avoid any rain or showers for a few hours at least.

• Like 4

Posted

Sun is poking through the cloud more frequently now, currently 18.1C. Yesterday was the warmest day of the year so far here with a high of 23.3C. We probably won't reach that high today with more cloud around. More of a breeze today.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Cloudy morning with a few spots of rain about but plenty of warm sunshine for the last couple of hours and muggy feel to things.

i don’t want any heavy showers or TS’s as I’m working in the garden but I wouldn’t be surprised if rain stops play at some stage.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
3 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Cloudy morning with a few spots of rain about but plenty of warm sunshine for the last couple of hours and muggy feel to things.

i don’t want any heavy showers or TS’s as I’m working in the garden but I wouldn’t be surprised if rain stops play at some stage.

Same here. A nighttime  light show would be better.

• Like 5

Posted

Had a warm mostly sunny early afternoon.  Brisk chilly NE wind though.  Now looking black to south towards N Wales, Liverpool, Cheshire, S Lancs.

• Like 4

Posted

Had rain between 3.30 and 5.30, this dried up quickly, Had drizzle about 9.30.  Cloud thinned and the sun was in and out for most of the late morning early pm.  Under pale blue echoes and it's just beginning to rain, 17° currently.  Feels a bit muggy now, there's a bit of a breeze picked up but it's a warm breeze.  Think max here was about 18 or 19°.  Bit of rain suiting the newly planted bedding plants.

• Like 3