Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

is the only other I've got. My S9 has the same ball as your iPhone. 

A decent day weather wise although being in the car all day,  I didn't get time to sample it properly. 

• Like 3

Posted

Looking at the radar and a good dollop of rain about to hit here. Can see the effect the higher ground has in these situations the yellows and green coincide with high ground.. looking at the rain radar is a lesson in geography the shading of blue to yellow gives indication of topography.  Lots of blue shading out to sea and on coast, greens on lower inland ground, yellows on high tops..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A few drops of rain on the way home but it’s not been a bad day so far.

It looks like this will change shortly though with a wet evening likely but hopefully it will clear through overnight and leave a couple of usable days over the weekend.

• Like 5

Posted

Was expecting much heavier rain than has fallen. Just very light and patchy despite radar showing yellow colours on the fells. Not sure what has happened to it.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Steady rain for the last half hour or so but same as other parts, nothing overly heavy.

I suppose it will help the gardens though but just glad I cut the grass yesterday as with todays rain and the temperatures, it will grow like mad.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Steady rain for the last half hour or so but same as other parts, nothing overly heavy.

I suppose it will help the gardens though but just glad I cut the grass yesterday as with todays rain and the temperatures, it will grow like mad.

May is the month everything goes into growth, grass in particular loves the month! In June the rate of growth slows some what as everything matures, by July we see things go into seed. May is always an endless battle against the weeds - I just leave them to it.

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, damianslaw said:

May is the month everything goes into growth, grass in particular loves the month! In June the rate of growth slows some what as everything matures, by July we see things go into seed. May is always an endless battle against the weeds - I just leave them to it.

If dandelions and stinging nettles weeds were worth anything , I’d earn a decent living from my garden

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
58 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Shock horror, according to Simon King, there is not going to be a heat wave in the region next week, at least not until the weekend!  

A bit of a heatwave begins here in southern France on Monday. We're heading home on Tuesday morning so won't experience day upon day of it which I'm happy about really as it's been just about perfect temp wise here over the last week....low 20s and enough sun to build up my bronzed look. First week to 10 days were horrific though. Hardly saw the sun and was rainy.

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

A bit of a heatwave begins here in southern France on Monday. We're heading home on Tuesday morning so won't experience day upon day of it which I'm happy about really as it's been just about perfect temp wise here over the last week....low 20s and enough sun to build up my bronzed look. First week to 10 days were horrific though. Hardly saw the sun and was rainy.

Going to sw France for three months December to February… renting an air b&b and looking to buy a holiday home before moving permanently in a few years… brexit has led to extra hurdles and pandemic has delayed… but can’t wait to get there… love France 

Ps the rain started after 5pm has been moderately heavy… at least watering garden and filling water butts ☔

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 8

Posted

A lovely sunny start to the day but with hardly any breeze and plenty of dampness on the ground from the overnight rain, it’s feels very humid.

It looks like a decent weekend coming up though for those outside jobs and activities.

• Like 4

Posted

Washing out weeds on borrowed time.

Sun broke through earlier but the clods are building and I can feel the odd spot of rain.

• Like 3

Posted

Four hours gardening and a bacon sandwich … when suns out it’s quite warm but nagging breeze picked up… doing roast today as at football tomorrow evening 

• Like 4

Posted

All in all not a bad day.

The morning spent working in the garden, with the afternoon spoilt only by the poor performance and result at Turf Moor.

on balance I’d have been happier carrying on pottering about in the garden.

Thai Red curry on the go now hopefully washed down with a few pints from a new keg of American IPA.

• Like 3

Posted

A decent spring day, ideal for outdoor activities etc. Sunny spells in the morning and in the sun it felt warm, but a breeze tempered things and from lunchtime generally cloudy. Threatened to bring a spot of rain but nothing has happened. Tomorrow looking a brighter and warmer day all round, give me weekends like these anytime than humid very warm ones height of summer.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A decent day with maybe some signs of a taste of early summer like warmth on the horizon later in the month too although no official ‘heatwave’ despite what the tabloids say. Much better than last years cool & wet affair that was May anyway - May like September is a Goldilocks kind of month often not  too warm or too cold just right and pleasantly seasonal in their own way  ☀️ 

• Like 4

Posted

Lots of cloudless skies about this morning, but not over our region

• Like 4

Posted

Aye it’s taking it’s time to shift but there’s more blue sky about now than earlier so hopefully a decent sunny afternoon is on the cards.

• Like 3

Posted

Blue skies warm sunshine, warmer than yesterday… will be in the sunshine ☀️ in section I sit in at footy  ⚽⚽⚽⚽
curry at Ruchi after match  

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Arrived at footy a wee earlier than normal ☀️⚽⚽⚽⚽

5C29B17A-F954-44C1-B01D-5584AE9C1C77.jpeg

I assume your not driving unless that's hot vimto.

• Like 4

Posted
38 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

I assume your not driving unless that's hot vimto.

No other half driving  

not bad reaction ⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽️ 

• Like 6