Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

Another cold night but again cloudy morning. Sun now breaking through. Current temp 10.7 degrees. All feels very average at the moment. 

• Like 3

Posted

11.5 degrees now, what you might call a 'cold high' given the sun  is fully out, the high is direct overhead and it is now late April.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

11.5 degrees now, what you might call a 'cold high' given the sun  is fully out, the high is direct overhead and it is now late April.

And I'm out in the garden with just a t-shirt on pulling out the stinging nettle root network. There is a breeze but very pleasant. 

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 2

Posted

Sunny ☀️ this afternoon after overcast morning… usable weather doing garden jobs this afternoon and cleaning windows indoors this morning… chilly in breeze but warm enough in sun… 

made a paella stuffing to put in a pork fillet… impromptu off the cuff recipe 

Notice even more temporary lights and roadworks in glossop again this morning and Hadfield ??‍♂️?‍♂️  

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Sunny ☀️ this afternoon after overcast morning… usable weather doing garden jobs this afternoon and cleaning windows indoors this morning… chilly in breeze but warm enough in sun… 

made a paella stuffing to put in a pork fillet… impromptu off the cuff recipe 

Notice even more temporary lights and roadworks in glossop again this morning and Hadfield ??‍♂️?‍♂️ 

Apparently, United Utilities are digging up near Tesco starting tomorrow. Grrrrrr.

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A decent few days of weather we've had here. Sunny again today and pleasant enough out.

• Like 2

Posted

Pretty much well

done DCC & Robert Largan MP & Tameside & Northern Rail with 1 train an hour

E58E7BD7-83B2-4020-9EF6-604FA7B40F48.jpeg

6F79C300-FCC7-40F5-BED9-6BFD6CAFE2F1.png

we are Royston Vasey after all 

E8F7426B-EB6E-4570-BC36-5748C2780C4B.gif

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

An overcast start, but looks like turning into another largely sunny dry day. There doesn't seem to be much prospect of rain on the horizon in the short to medium term with a continuation of predominantly settled conditions.

• Like 2

Posted
11 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

Pretty much well

done DCC & Robert Largan MP & Tameside & Northern Rail with 1 train an hour

E58E7BD7-83B2-4020-9EF6-604FA7B40F48.jpeg

6F79C300-FCC7-40F5-BED9-6BFD6CAFE2F1.png

we are Royston Vasey after all 

E8F7426B-EB6E-4570-BC36-5748C2780C4B.gif

The second photo is nearly at the bottom of your drive. 

The last gif is your house prior to renovation.

• Like 2

Posted

A very dull overcast ☁️ morning with the very slightest breathe of wind.

8°C

• Like 2

Posted

A complete contrast yesterday, cloudy and cold on the N Yorkshire coast, but sunny and warm by the time I arrived back in S Cheshire. And I met a friend last night who looked as though he had just returned from the Greek islands, but had in fact been spending a few days on another island closer to home - Anglesey! 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

The second photo is nearly at the bottom of your drive. 

The last gif is your house prior to renovation.

cloudy chilly hopefully sun will make an appearance later… 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Another overnight frost with a low of -0.5c. After a sunny start cloud cover is now complete although Great Gable still visible in the distance as well as local tops of Blencathra and Great Dodd. Temp currently 7.0c. Pressure still rising.  

• Like 3

Posted

As per yesterday. Another frost and clear sky night but cloud cover in the morning. Current temp 10 degrees. Expecting the sun to burst through this afternoon again.

Saturday eve forecast most notable rain in 2 weeks, last occasion late Saturday evening as well. Don't mind when it falls overnight at this time of year. Indeed better all round less evaporation etc. 

• Like 2

Posted

The sun hasn't managed to break through today so has had a much cooler feel than previous days.

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, severe snowstorm said:

The sun hasn't managed to break through today so has had a much cooler feel than previous days.

It made a watery appearance for about 2 minutes whilst I was parked in the centre of Ashton under  lyne. 

As Larry Greyson used to day.

" What a grey day"

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

According to the weather presenter on BBC, we’re due some “welcome rain” this weekend, his words not mine.

yes it’s been dry but a period of rain slap bang in the middle of a BHW isn’t welcome in my opinion and I imagine with anyone who has outdoor plans which don’t involve messing about in water.

• Like 5

Posted
4 hours ago, iand61 said:

According to the weather presenter on BBC, we’re due some “welcome rain” this weekend, his words not mine.

yes it’s been dry but a period of rain slap bang in the middle of a BHW isn’t welcome in my opinion and I imagine with anyone who has outdoor plans which don’t involve messing about in water.

Yes timing not great. Could have done with it falling during the week. It looks like most will fall Saturday eve and overnight so hopefully won't spoil things too much. Alas here it annoyingly looks like arriving lunchtime Saturday. If it can hold out until late afternoon please as I had planned a long decent fell walk!

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted

My body clock has now switched to summer mode, waking around 05:00 more regularly with the birds chirping away outside telling me it's time to get up.

Not great timing with the rain arriving for the bank holiday weekend, but it looks as though Southern parts of the region may get away with a dry daytime during Saturday at least with the rain possibly not reaching these parts until the evening/overnight. The bulk of the rain may well occur overnight on Saturday, with things drying up again during Sunday with Monday looking to be another dry day. Could be worse, in this part of the region at least.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This mornings forecast showed the rain arriving across the region from the north overnight and in the early hours of Sunday so hopefully it will clear through without spoiling to much of daylight hours.

it also showed the front decaying as it headed south so it could end up as more of a drizzly mess than soaking rain but with pretty decent temperatures over the weekend and outdoor plans, I’d prefer conditions where a jacket isn’t needed.

minor details given the rest of the problems in the world but frustrating all the same.

• Like 2

Posted

Sunny ☀️ blue skies and already much better day than yesterdays chilly overcast rubbish… feels warm in sunshine… time for a walk into town… have good day everyone ☀️  

• Like 4

Posted
17 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Sunny ☀️ blue skies and already much better day than yesterdays chilly overcast rubbish… feels warm in sunshine… time for a walk into town… have good day everyone ☀️ 

Yep. Out in the garden again trying to remove the myriad of stinging nettle roots. The longest continuous root was 4 and a half feet long.

@WillinGlossop, walking anywhere in Glossop or the Longdendale Valley is going to be quicker for the next 20 weeks.

• Like 4