Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
14 hours ago, Weather-history said:

0.8C

Snow more likely at Easter than Christmas "myth" continues. The last time I saw snow falling during the Easter period was 2008. Did see snow lying  on hills during Easter 2013 but I have never seen lying snow on Easter day for my area itself going back to 1985. 

I roll my eyes whenever I see/hear this comment; I'm struggling to think of a proper snowfall at Easter......

• Like 2

Posted

A fairly pleasant day, few shortlived spots of rain in the afternoon, but barely doused the ground. Sun came out in the evening and with little wind despite temps only of around 12 degrees it felt ok.

Outlook - dry, bright, tomorrow and Thursday look sunny, becoming cloudier later in the week and the easterly breeze will take the edge off things. April on average is out driest month.

• Like 3

Posted
15 hours ago, Weather-history said:

0.8C

Snow more likely at Easter than Christmas "myth" continues. The last time I saw snow falling during the Easter period was 2008. Did see snow lying  on hills during Easter 2013 but I have never seen lying snow on Easter day for my area itself going back to 1985. 

Yeah, snow is more likely to fall (not lie) on Easter Sunday than Christmas Day if it falls in March. Once you get into April, it's definitely Christmas.

It's a stupid analogy though because it's a moving target. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

A beautiful morning, clear blue skies and a quite keen wind from over the Pennines.

• Like 4

Posted

Nice two hour walk this morning warm sunshine ☀️ blue skies… breeze picked up mid morning slight chill to it and sun now hazy/clouds obscuring… managed four hours gardening and potting pumpkins/sunflowers… cherry blossom finally showing its hand in the last few days… 17c… 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another decent day today, dry with hazy sunshine and a high of 17C.

• Like 4

Posted

Sunny ☀️ blue skies… breezy… going for walk then lunchtime bbq … it’ll probably snow next week as per usual having an April bbq… as mate at footy said last night….
Great win last night and back to the top of the prem ⚽⚽⚽️ 

wordle was easy today but last Quordle word was a stinker 

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

Another nice day. Washing flapping on the line in the gusty East wind.

The cherry blossom is clinging on for now but will probably get stripped off if the wind picks up any more. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Another decent day again today. Bit more of a breeze, but still a warm day in the sun, high of 17.9C.

• Like 5

Posted

Its notable how quickly cold synoptics become quite warm synoptics.. today we have a long drawn easterly from an arctic source via west russia, yet temps have been very respectable.. I suspect had these occured a month ago, low single digit maxima would have been the order of the day with snow showers, alas we've reached the turning point when easterlies are now generally warm. Coldest conditions come courtesy of direct northerlies and north easterlies, with cyclonic conditions overhead, low pressure N Sea.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
40 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

Cloudy start to the day and none-too-warm. It will be interesting to see whether the sun breaks through or we are left with the cloud cover for the rest of the day. I know which I prefer! 

Sunny start here but with a strong nagging breeze.

very much like yesterday where a cold fleece top start turned into a t shirt afternoon.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

More cloud about now so bright rather than sunny.

• Like 3

Posted

Insanely strong gusts of wind on the West Side of the Pennines. All sorts of debris taking flight.

• Like 6

Posted
21 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Insanely strong gusts of wind on the West Side of the Pennines. All sorts of debris taking flight.

Have had fence panel down… leaves and branches down and some pot plants blowing around… very gusty much more than forecast… must be 50-60mph… would have thought with trees in leaf some might come down 

• Like 6

Posted

Quite a squeeze in the isobars today low pressure to the south, high pressure to the north. These are drying winds and taking the edge off the temperature. A month ago they would bring high wind chill and freezing conditions. What a difference a month makes. Otherwise its another fine mid Spring day lots of sunshine. Current temp a very pleasant 14.8 degrees.

• Like 7

Posted
56 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

We don’t often get these buffeting easterly winds on this side of the Pennines but when we do it tends to be during a dry spell and from past experience, usually in April.

we had similar conditions for a few days during the first lockdown and it really took the edge of the temperatures and have seen similar conditions numerous times in the past.

i’ve always thought of them as being the South Pennines watered down version of Cross Fell’s Helm Wind although today is giving some pretty strong gusts.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Very strong gusts here today. Some of the gusts we’ve had can’t be far off gale force. Will feel bitter once the sun goes down, even with temps of 9 or 10!

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 8

Posted

As forecast, a cloudy start to Saturday.

Hopefully it will break up as the morning goes on with the expected sunny second half of the day turning up.

either way though, at least it’s dry so I can paint the fence panels.

• Like 5