Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted

Yesterday turned into a wet day, today a few short lived showers so far and a bit of brightness. Feeling cool current temp 10.4 degrees. Colder polar air on the way. Not feeling very Spring like. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

A typical April sunshine & showers day after this mornings band of rain ☔️ a cool/ chilly few days to come turning milder perhaps next week - no extended spell of fine warm Spring weather similar to what we experienced a few weeks ago just yet though. 

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 5

Posted

Warning popped up on my phone for potential disruption due to wind, for the NW and N Wales from 8pm through the early hours of tomorrow.  50 to 60mph, possibly gusting up to 70mph on the coast. ?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Not a nice night ahead with the wind picking up Going to be noisy in my west facing bedroom. Might go in the spare room as have to be up in Lancaster in the morning can't be driving on the motorway with little sleep.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Pouring it down!! ☔☔️ - think a squall line is moving through. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Lightning and thunder ⛈ 

Gone very dark.

Some wake up alarm ⏰ 

Edit, hail storm thrown in for good measure. 

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Another wet day yesterday 9.8mm. Overnight a further 7.6mm. Snow on the tops and a overnight low in the valley of 4.0c. Gusty winds in the early hours which have now subsided but due to pick up again for a few hours when further rain arrives late morning. Sunny intervals at the moment and 5.2c 

• Like 4

Posted

Getting stuck under a streamer here after a wild night.  Suppose we needed the rain after a mostly dry March but the winds throw it down with interest.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hail, sleet lashing the front window facing just North of West. 

• Like 4

Posted
31 minutes ago, jimben said:

Another wet day yesterday 9.8mm. Overnight a further 7.6mm. Snow on the tops and a overnight low in the valley of 4.0c. Gusty winds in the early hours which have now subsided but due to pick up again for a few hours when further rain arrives late morning. Sunny intervals at the moment and 5.2c 

Enjoy seeing your reports can compare north and south lakes conditions. I have open views of Coniston range, Scafells and round to Ullscarf central lakes eastern faces which tend to hold snow longest. Yes a bit of snow on highest tops this morning. Yesterday evening was a wet one but winds not too bad. This morning is bright and dry so far. Cold polar air back. Temp 7.5 degrees, not expecting it to climb much more through the day, indeed will take a sharp nosedive in evening as skies clear and a hard frost descends. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 7

Posted

Rain-Sun-Rain-Sun and repeat all morning, i'm not too surprised there hasn't been any lying snow on the tops as the temperatures feel too mild even with the NWly gales, although there has been a mix of hail within the showers.

• Like 5

Posted

Mrs FLT arrived back at Liverpool Airport this morning from Belfast on EasyJet. The journey was due to last 1 hour, it actually lasted 45 minutes. Depending on wind direction, I think some of the nags at Aintree are going to find it hard going!  

• Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Enjoy seeing your reports can compare north and south lakes conditions. I have open views of Coniston range, Scafells and round to Ullscarf central lakes eastern faces which tend to hold snow longest. Yes a bit of snow on highest tops this morning. Yesterday evening was a wet one but winds not too bad. This morning is bright and dry so far. Cold polar air back. Temp 7.5 degrees, not expecting it to climb much more through the day, indeed will take a sharp nosedive in evening as skies clear and a hard frost descends. 

Yes I do the same. I have to learn a whole new set of local weather vagaries, made a little easier by the mountains which of course mean, expect any and everything. I am also lucky to have uninterrupted views of Blencathra, Souther Fell to the north and Clough Head and the Dodds towards Helvellyn to the south. At present heavy rain/sleet/graupel shower temp 4.6c and looking towards Keswick, views disappearing as a wet afternoon rolls in.

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, jimben said:

Yes I do the same. I have to learn a whole new set of local weather vagaries, made a little easier by the mountains which of course mean, expect any and everything. I am also lucky to have uninterrupted views of Blencathra, Souther Fell to the north and Clough Head and the Dodds towards Helvellyn to the south. At present heavy rain/sleet/graupel shower temp 4.6c and looking towards Keswick, views disappearing as a wet afternoon rolls in.

Yes a cold afternoon in the Lake District. Temp continues to fall through day 5.3 degrees. Don't have to walk too far for views of eastern and far east fells either likes of Fairfield Horseshoe and Kentmere fells. Between us we have a good cover of much of the fells! Very lucky. Love looking at the snowline differentials..

• Like 6

Posted

Cloudy, cold and wet and breezy afternoon.  Sometimes sleety.  Fells whitened now.  Temp currently 3.6C

• Like 4

Posted

Clouds rising  to reveal snow level down to about 600m. Blencathra summit looks well covered and Sharp Edge as always tempting me  

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.
2 hours ago, A Face like Thunder said:

I think some of the nags at Aintree are going to find it hard going!  

Hard, I hope not, they watered the course recently so they get soft in the description......(though I know what you mean.....)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Been Lancaster and back. Tricky on the motorway with all the spray and the downpours gave the windscreen wipers a good workout and the car a jet wash. Some wintryness in some of them...ice pellets hail. Big differences right now between north and south. Bang on 5C here but 14C in Kent.

• Like 4

Posted

Snow, sleet, hail rain and gales. Now full on sunshine shining down on snow capped mountains. The lake district in all it's glory. Sssh dont tell anyone.

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, jimben said:

Clouds rising  to reveal snow level down to about 600m. Blencathra summit looks well covered and Sharp Edge as always tempting me  

Snowline looks to be about 500m. Fairfield has a good mantle. 

• Like 4