Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

After a dry day, a short but heavy shower left a covering of snow and graupel.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

No just No?‍♂️

12_165_ukpreciptyperatec.png

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Odd one this afternoon. 
Hard to decipher between a Cherry blossom or Snow blizzard. 

All the joys of the British springtime. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Well, third day on the trot that its snowed and also April. 

20220401_062942.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Same

20220401_082748.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Glorious start today, clear blue skies and a frost to start, low of -0.3C.

• Like 6

Posted
47 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Same

20220401_082748.jpg

Could be another snow event for you tonight a band of sleet and Hill snow effecting southern parts of the region according to Meto.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Lenticular clouds over the northern fells this morning. Overnight low of 0.6c. No sign of any overnight snow.

• Like 5

Posted

Dry day so far, lots of sunshine and feeling a bit milder than yesterday but still quite cold under the arctic air mass. Current temp 7.1 degrees.

The frontal feature to the NW looks like giving most of the region a glancing blow.. had it tracked further east then a wintry mix would have been the outcome overnight indeed some low level snow, but alas any snow most likely reserved for Welsh high ground. Never know it may have more impact than forecast.

Weekend promises to be rather chilly and dry perhaps a few showers around. 

• Like 7

Posted

Polystyrene balls falling.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A sprinkling of snow here this morning although I think it was still there from yesterday evening when a rogue shower decided to pay us a visit.

It’s been dry since then though and mainly sunny although the feel of the day is still late winter rather than spring.

Anyway holiday haircut is done and most of the packing is either done or ready so it’s now a few days of Covid tests and squeaky bum time while the results come back.

2 sets of negatives and it’s a Caribbean cruise here we come, any positives and it’s a damned annoying plan B not that I even know what plan B is.

• Like 5

Posted

A wintry shower of soft hail and Graupel passing through.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Got up to 7C here today, yesterday no higher than 5C. Had many days in the Winter that was milder.

WRF showing a sprinkling of snow for the Pennines tonight/tomorrow morning but probably not amounting to a lot. 

nmm_uk1-26-20-0.png?01-16

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 3

Posted

It's surprisingly warm in the sun between the showers today despite the cold airmass from the NE limiting the temps, although it's blustery and miserable whenever you're caught up in one of the showers. Today's walk took me up to Crook Hill overlooking Ladybower with patches of lying snow still covering the tops around Derwent Edge, Kinder, and the shade of the forests.

11.thumb.jpg.2f4634b412145b2de15de4b43b6d7cd9.jpg13.thumb.jpg.f688ea439e66a25bc35f94f23fa6305f.jpg16.thumb.jpg.538ec5ce0f3984b99cde0bc49a7e3249.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Flying into Manchester this evening was interesting. Lots of hefty showers made it bumpy. Then to top it all it was hail and snow when I got home. 

• Like 6

Posted

Having a mix of everything here for the last couple of hours, sleety rain then hail now falling as graupel.  1°.  Weather warning for snow has disappeared off my phone.

• Like 2

Posted

Frontal feature fragmenting I think. Only slight chance of wintry shower.

Tomorrow likely to be a bit cloudier and a little milder but still below par for the time of year. 

• Like 4

Posted

A bright morning and not so cold as previous mornings. Suggestion in one newspaper that tonight could be the 'coldest April night in decades' but not in this region it seems.

Edit - hope it's not too cold at Burnley (v Man City) this afternoon. My last visit of the season to Crewe Alex this afternoon, and if they don't win in the derby v Fleetwood, I shall certainly be seeing them down a division next season! 

Edited by A Face like Thunder
  • Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, A Face like Thunder said:

A bright morning and not so cold as previous mornings. Suggestion in one newspaper that tonight could be the 'coldest April night in decades' but not in this region it seems.

Edit - hope it's not too cold at Burnley (v Man City) this afternoon. My last visit of the season to Crewe Alex this afternoon, and if they don't win in the derby v Fleetwood, I shall certainly be seeing them down a division next season! 

I’d let you know but won’t be there.

a lot to do today and tomorrows before we hopefully go on holiday on Tuesday and trying to avoid crowds so giving it a miss.

TBH from a Burnley perspective, I don’t think I’ll be missing much other than Pope busy picking the ball out of the net.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Looks like a milder start to next week but under the thick cloud, rain and gusty wind it probably won't feel all that mild. Colder brighter weather looking like returning around Thursday - maybe a last chance at some wintry stuff before Spring properly kicks in for good? GFS showing a bit of a plume of African air moving north towards the end of the run nudging temps up to 20C+.

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, iand61 said:

I’d let you know but won’t be there.

a lot to do today and tomorrows before we hopefully go on holiday on Tuesday and trying to avoid crowds so giving it a miss.

TBH from a Burnley perspective, I don’t think I’ll be missing much other than Pope busy picking the ball out of the net.

You were not wrong! Sadly I was not either as Crewe Alex slumped to yet another defeat. At least I enjoyed watching the interesting cloud formations. At one point, I thought we were about to be visited by a huge shower, but it went off elsewhere and we remained dry and quite mild all afternoon.  More of the same tomorrow it seems after a cold night. 

• Like 4

Posted
55 minutes ago, A Face like Thunder said:

You were not wrong! Sadly I was not either as Crewe Alex slumped to yet another defeat. At least I enjoyed watching the interesting cloud formations. At one point, I thought we were about to be visited by a huge shower, but it went off elsewhere and we remained dry and quite mild all afternoon.  More of the same tomorrow it seems after a cold night. 

Got everything done that I wanted to but after last week’s warm weather, giving the lawns their pre holiday trim with snow blowing about in an icy breeze was hardly enjoyable foe them and even less so for me

that said sitting on Turf Moor in the same icy breeze watching that dismal display wouldn’t have been much better

role on a couple of negative test results and my sunbed and plenty of is waiting for me on a somewhere in the Caribbean

• Like 5