Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Seems a bit of mentionable weather might be tracking mine and @WillinGlossop's way.

There was some lightning action SW of us.

• Like 4

Posted
38 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Seems a bit of mentionable weather might be tracking mine and @WillinGlossop's way.

There was some lightning action SW of us.

Doesn’t look much on radar but garden could do with a bit more of a downpour if warmer drier weather making inroads… 

was pretty damp/Misty most of the day… been in Ashton/Denton/Mossley most of the day…

• Like 3

Posted

I've joined our Yorkshire friends overnight and having had a wet and difficult journey across the Pennines, I was pleased that the rain had stopped by the time I got to the N Yorkshire coast. Bits and pieces of rain this evening but the prospect of something better tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Posted

Hello from Derby.

Drive down was ok although lots of temporary traffic lights. then proper long downpour here in DE22.

Heading back soon

• Like 4

Posted

Back home in SK13.

Bl**dy tractors and temporary traffic lights. 2.5 hours to do 55 miles and the same back. It was dry for the remainder of the journey.  

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all. 

A quiet decent morning. Cloud just obscuring the sun.

Sad day, yesterday. 

The famous trampoline was dismantled after 7 years.

Rhe good news is, its going to a family who are part of the Hope Epilepsy charity.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Think we might have got the short straw here in the NW some brightness first thing but quickly clouding over from the West it’s fairly mild out though  ⛅️ Wishing everyone a good Easter weekend whatever the weather!    

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Weather-history said:

125 years ago: 16th April 1897

C3WUoB1.jpg

Could you imagine if all the posts in the storm thread were like that.

• Like 5

Posted

A good Good Friday. Bright rather than sunny but a fair amount of cloud mostly. Dry and feeling quite warm thanks to little wind. Max 17 degrees. Tomorrow and most of Sunday look like being the same. Want ideal walking weather this is it. 

• Like 6

Posted

Anything that doesn't involve wind & rain is good enough for me on a Bank Holiday.  Yes sun was a bit on the shy side today but the temps were above average for time of year.  We could be in a West is Best scenario similar to this time last year...some chilly damp & murk conditions being hinted at from an East/south east origin.  Rest of April early May Still to be ironed out.

Edited by dodge
  • Like 5

Posted

A rather dull start to Easter Saturday. Hope we see something brighter as the day wears on. Its low level cloud making for a drab feel unlike yesterday when it was high cloud and some clear breaks filtered through.

13 degrees currently. If the cloyd lifts we could hit 18 degrees but if not 16 degrees probable high. Very respectable for mid April still. 

• Like 5

Posted

I was up on Alport Moor this early morning starting from Fairholmes Car Park and first headed up to Alport Castles, I wasn't able to see anything more than 10 meters ahead due to the fog all the way up there which didn't fully clear until 10:30am. Luckily by the time I got to Alport Moor Summit it was clear skies and good visibility so I could see the panorama from Bleaklow Stones, High Stones, Derwent Edge, and the Edale Valley. 

This goes to show how quick (good/bad) the weather can be up there in the space of 90 minutes, between 10am and 11:30am.

06.thumb.jpg.2070bd04c445cb84b554dfebd7a7e4c9.jpg

• Like 8

Posted

Sun burst through the clouds early afternoon and currently a warm 18.5 degrees. Feeling quite humid as well. What isn't to like on Easter Saturday.

• Like 6

Posted

Anyone around at present? Easter hibernation mode!.. a brighter start to Easter Sunday. Thankfully the rain will hold off until later evening. A very pleasant afternoon on the way. 

• Like 3

Posted
3 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Anyone around at present? Easter hibernation mode!.. a brighter start to Easter Sunday. Thankfully the rain will hold off until later evening. A very pleasant afternoon on the way. 

Yes Damian.

In Failsworth at my parents who invited 6 of us for Sunday lunch.

20°C and very pleasant. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Another beautiful day here in the south of the region perhaps not quite as warm as yesterday with the breeze 21c ☀️ the high yesterday making it the warmest day of the year so far locally, 19c today ⛅️ A better than expected Easter Sunday weather wise tbh. Turning cooler for a time from tomorrow but after a few chilly Easter’s over the years we can’t complain about this one!

A8165702-FF1F-4F6A-97B1-2FE1EA655FBE.jpeg

1D750D62-C3A4-4449-A96E-40CD55F61F33.jpeg

Edited by Joe Snow
  • Like 7

Posted
4 minutes ago, Joe Snow said:

Another beautiful day here in the south of the region perhaps not quite as warm as yesterday with the breeze 21c ☀️ the high yesterday making it the warmest day of the year so far locally, 19c today ⛅️ A better than expected Easter Sunday weather wise tbh. Turning cooler for a time from tomorrow but after a few chilly Easter’s over the years we can’t complain about this one!

A8165702-FF1F-4F6A-97B1-2FE1EA655FBE.jpeg

1D750D62-C3A4-4449-A96E-40CD55F61F33.jpeg

Good pictures. Three out of last 4 easters very good. 2019 I remember being very warm on a beach Irish Sea Cumbria coast and 2020 was glorious even hot. Only last year was cold with that biting northerly on Easter Monday.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It's been a lovely bank holiday weekend here. It was mostly sunny on Saturday and Sunday. A largely sunny morning today, but clouded in this afternoon and therefore cooler today. Highest temperature of the weekend was reached on Saturday, peaking at 21.7C.

• Like 4

Posted

A nice sunset after a little rain shower.

20220418_201121.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Hello from southern France. Been a decent few days mid 20s sunshine but has been all change from today much cooler and unsettled going forward. Looking a bit drier in NW England of all places! Had a drive to San Sebastian in Spain earlier. Beautiful city just a shame it's not been all that warm!

• Like 5

Posted

0.8C

Snow more likely at Easter than Christmas "myth" continues. The last time I saw snow falling during the Easter period was 2008. Did see snow lying  on hills during Easter 2013 but I have never seen lying snow on Easter day for my area itself going back to 1985. 

Edited by Weather-history
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight frost with a min temp of 0.3c. Now sunshine with cloud beginning to take over. 11.3c 

• Like 1