Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Temperature didn't get that low here overnight, a low of 1.9C just after midnight, presumably due to cloud cover. A bright start to today. A couple of brief hail showers have moved through in the past few minutes, temp currently 6.9C.

• Like 3

Posted

11c light breeze clouded up a little feels lovely in the sunshine ☀️ when it’s out… just been to garden centre for a few plants and bits and bobs… gardening (potting up quite a few things) next week when warmer and frosts have passed… 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Hailing again.

• Like 4

Posted

We had a couple of hail showers this morning and then a very brief shower this afternoon. Apart from that it's been a mostly sunny day. High of 10C.

• Like 4

Posted

Lovely frosty start. A low of -0.8C.

• Like 4

Posted

I spent yesterday in Carlisle on a steam train special and what a wonderful day it was (although those wanting to go on to Glasgow by train would probably not agree), with sunshine pretty well continuous in the city and quite warm in the sun. And this extended to the return journey via the west coast route through Workington and Barrow where there were lots of people out enjoying the evening sun and the sight of a rare steam train passing by. Today has been similar although more cloudy and a tad warmer now. And yes, Weather-history, some interesting possibilities for tomorrow afternoon, depending on the location of the potentially beefy showers.  

• Like 5

Posted

Yesterday was cold with hail showers. Today still a cold feel about it, current temp 10.7 degree and a lot of cloud cover has built up.

The coming week set to see a warm up, nothing spectacular but it will feel much milder than recently. Easter at this stage is looking good for the region sheltered from the easterly feed, could become quite warm depending on position of high pressure. This largely thanks to light winds and hopefully abundant sunshine. Looks dry at least and none of the murky grey cloud that comes in on a westerly. All very common at this time of year to see easterly or northerly airstreams dominating, indeed unusual when they don't. 

• Like 6

Posted

I've been out and about on a 16-mile jaunt around Derwent Edge from this morning to mid-afternoon, luckily the high-cloud didn't set-in until 3pm by which time I was already making my way down to Howden Res so the temperature drop wasn't too noticeable. A bit of a chilly wind on the tops with frost this morning but warm enough (once moving and in the exposed sun) to ditch the coat.

01.thumb.jpg.b5e4b3988a9f5270ba76a6372207d261.jpg15.thumb.jpg.16376a00d22eb9bf202fa842e83620fc.jpg20.thumb.jpg.f9a72e185569c88680295f656633bbe5.jpg26.thumb.jpg.5e0aaab240945cecd6454d5f44fc22b8.jpg

• Like 7

Posted

Wise word warning, the next 6-7 weeks in some years gives the best weather of the year in my book - not always but sometimes, heat doesn't always equate to sunny and warm. I relish mid April to late May, its my favourite time of year with the promise of summer ahead.

• Like 7

Posted

A coolish, bright and breezy morning. Usable weather to dry the washing.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Currently in Mont de Marsan in southern France staying in a relatives house for a month so probably won't be on netweather much. Pleasantly warm here today and looking good especially later in the week....warmer still into the mid 20s. Sun is noticeably stronger down here. Got burnt yesterday on the first day.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 4

Posted

The showers have arrived  

• Like 4

Posted

Very strange cloud formations. Like Mamatus but in lines!

undulatus asperatus?

Edited by shadowfax
Addition
  • Like 6

Posted

Not the most inspiring of days. Cloudy throughout. Milder than recently. A burst of moderate showery rain around 5.30pm but hardly wet the ground. May be some more showers next few hours.

Tomorrow looking rather wet. 

• Like 5

Posted
37 minutes ago, shadowfax said:

Very strange cloud formations. Like Mamatus but in lines!

undulatus asperatus?

Saw a sharp line of Kelvin Helmholst, by the time I fell over the cat getting my phone and then fannied about with focus I managed to capture what was left.

20220411_191005.jpg

20220411_180456.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat, thunderstorms and winter snow

Big temperature contrast NW- SE today. A soggy meh kind of day today but hopefully some drier, brighter and warmer weather on the way for the Easter weekend. 

6D36E76F-2255-4762-9E8B-DD951ED9BF1C.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Joe Snow said:

Big temperature contrast NW- SE today. A soggy meh kind of day today but hopefully some drier, brighter and warmer weather on the way for the Easter weekend. 

6D36E76F-2255-4762-9E8B-DD951ED9BF1C.jpeg

Yes TV forecasts keep saying warmer air today 15s and 16s for the region clearly not the case..

It's been a miserable day so far, heavy or moderate rain.. has been a clearance last hour but lots if low heavy cloud still. Not expecting much in the way of bright weather before dusk but given light levels hold on past 8 now, clearances tend to have a habit of surfacing in the last couple of hours of the day as the warmth of the day ebbs.. this often happens in high summer.

• Like 4