Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion March 2022 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

It's been a dry weekend here with sunshine at times after a period of heavy rain late Friday. I've had a horrendous cold for the past week with chesty cough and fever at times which I've not been able to shake, worst I've had for years, so not been able to get out and about much over the past week. At least the Toffees managed to get another precious three points today so we may just achieve a miracle and avoid relegation. Not counting my chickens yet though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

A dry and bright start with some very thin cloud cover. Metoffice are forecasting rain to push in across the region this afternoon, but I think Southernmost parts of the region may escape with a largely dry day.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Morning all.

Milky skies and a breeze.

Warning,  Glossop and the Longdendale Valley are a no go area due to A57 Mottram Moor being shut. Bad crash late last night.

All routes stationary towards Manchester.

Total chaos

• Like 4

Posted

Yesterday was quite a good Sunday once the morning clouds dissipated and the midday sun got to work in warming things up, it's not looking too bad outside this morning either although the light rain will soon be setting in through the afternoon. I've been hearing rumors of a brief heatwave some-time during next week but whether that's substantiated or not i'll have to check on the weather models once back home again later on.

07.thumb.jpg.65d037a5afea8368b94160b5a898bf0e.jpg16.thumb.jpg.f36a7c337f058621f0d720db6109b09a.jpg17.thumb.jpg.e641c25a03e9a27e31d9463984d21e17.jpg

• Like 7

Posted
7 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Morning all.

Milky skies and a breeze.

Warning,  Glossop and the Longdendale Valley are a no go area due to A57 Mottram Moor being shut. Bad crash late last night.

All routes stationary towards Manchester.

Total chaos

Saw that on Glossop Facebook pages… sounds bad.. saw Broadbottom, mottram, woodhead and all roads out gridlocked, no buses and still only one train an hour…

been over to Hadfield doing inventories this afternoon and woodhead looked ok…  

was warm and humid earlier lookslike rain making inroads on radar… still made it to 19/20c earlier and yesterday afternoon at Etihad… topped up tan sat in sun for 2&1/2 hours ☀️ 

off to Kent on Friday… training it  

then to West Ham game Sunday & Huddersfield for Luton game Monday 

hopefully a nice warm few days

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 4

Posted

Yet again the rain radar not to be trusted. According to it we should have has about hour's worth of light to moderate rain. However, nothing has fallen from the sky as yet and the high fells have only just disappeared from view. 

• Like 4

Posted

That seems to happen a lot, especially when its supposed to be snowing.

Anyway, leaden skies here and the wind is picking up.  Took the opportunity to get rid of the rotten wood and tidy the garden whilst there was a gap in my chauffeuring duties. As you will see, the trampoline has gone and  the lawn needs to be made to reappear.

20220509_163358.jpg

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 4

Posted
41 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Anyway, leaden skies here and the wind is picking up.  Took the opportunity to get rid of the rotten wood and tidy the garden whilst there was a gap in my chauffeuring duties. As you will see, the trampoline has gone and  the lawn needs to be made to reappear.

20220509_163358.jpg

Yes and often light blue means no precipitation. Anyhow the rain has now arrived making for a dull evening ahead. 

• Like 5

Posted

Only light drizzly stuff thus far… made the ground damp… chilly feel to the breeze… 

Like the fire pit Had Worse

ours is a hole in the ground with old bricks but does the do… our shed on the other hand is nearly collapsed and next doors abandoned house/land has dandelions galore blowing about

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Had Worse said:

20220509_163358.jpg

The trampoline gone?  Will miss the pics and vids you post of the hailstones bouncing on it.  What are the hailstones going to play on now? Lol

• Like 4

Posted

Oh dear feels like we've skipped summer and plunged into autumn this eve. Heavy incessant rain, low cloud, very low light. Is it October! Been a while since we've had such an evening indicative of how quiet it's been since clocks went forward. 

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning All.

Sunny with a few threatening clouds in the distance to my North as viewed from Dukinfield.

I'm cooking in the car with the sun out. Unfortunately,  its not an area where you can confidently put the windows down. 

Edited by Had Worse
  • Like 5

Posted
42 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Morning All.

Sunny with a few threatening clouds in the distance to my North as viewed from Dukinfield.

I'm cooking in the car with the sun out. Unfortunately,  its not an area where you can confidently put the windows down. 

Sunshine and drizzle atm… planned hair cuts in the garden now in the garage ?‍♂️

Dukinfield is better than some places

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Sunshine and drizzle atm… planned hair cuts in the garden now in the garage ?‍♂️

Dukinfield is better than some places

Do you use the off cuts of hair instead of straw around your strawberries? 

• Like 5

Posted

Now tipping it down at Tameside hospital  

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, Had Worse said:

Do you use the off cuts of hair instead of straw around your strawberries? 

I usually use leaf blower to clear it away.. think the birds use it for nesting ?

• Like 5

Posted

Looking from Top Mossley towards Greenfield. 

20220510_130725.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
48 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Looking from Top Mossley towards Greenfield. 

20220510_130725.jpg

Missed here to the north… warm sunshine and breezy walk around glossop 

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Missed here to the north… warm sunshine and breezy walk around glossop 

Some quite marked up drafts on the Mossley side, even abit of rotation. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
8 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Morning All.

What were you cooking, a full English……..sorry but I had this sight off a camping stove sat on the passenger seat.

Back to the weather, it’s been dry here all day so unless we get our share of rain now I’m home it’s a quick bite to eat then a couple of hours in the garden while the soaps are on.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Hi guys we've just got in from the *very* long drive from southern France after setting off about 7am UK time. Around 17 hours if you include waiting and then eating dinner and tea at food outlets along the way.. France is a long country to drive from the bottom all the way up to Calais & vice versa then there's the drive up from southern England as well...think I'm getting a bit past these long drives now done it every year for 15 years apart from covid etc. Reckon we'll get the plane down next year. Going to be one of those nights you just crash and sleep through phone alarms haha. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

A unexpected damp start to the day here as looking at yesterdays forecast, I thought that the system crossing the midlands would do what they usually do and stay south of the M56.

obviously the track of winter snow bearing fronts differ from those in the warmer months.

just hope it clears through and things dry out pretty sharpish.

• Like 4

Posted

Yes, same here drizzle at 5.30, now a decent steady rainfall.  Smells nice and fresh out though, the garden will appreciate it, but a wet walk to work for me.  @Frost HoIIow that is a heck of a long drive, glad you're back safe, rest up well.

• Like 4