Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2022 Chat

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

The best matches for July teleconnections include 1999, 2012, 2019 in my opinion, those had a rather unsettled September as a mean and a trough to the south west of Europe during August.

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Well Don, I'm sad to say it, but I don't expect a speedy return to 'normal' conditions. Unless of course the Atlantic hurricane-season intervenes? Otherwise, I think another September with temps exceeding 90f is well 'on the cards'?🤔

Well Ed, I have that same bad feeling, plus the Atlantic hurricane season appears to be non-existent currently, so don't see much influence from that either!  Another winter killing September, as well as a drought?! 

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Don said:

Well Ed, I have that same bad feeling, plus the Atlantic hurricane season appears to be non-existent currently, so don't see much influence from that either!  Another winter killing September, as well as a drought?! 

Don’t draw too much into the hurricane activity yet. 2019 did not produce system number 3 until August 20th - it then produced the monster that was Dorian.

• Thanks 1

Posted

34C here near Larnaca and it's a lot more humid than the UK hot spell, at around 60%. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The Met Office have issued a level 2 heatwave alert for East and West Midlands, South West England, South East England, London and East of England from 12:00  Tuesday to 09:00 on Friday

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Clear blue skies!

Taking into account the abundance of sunny days forecast for the 1st half of August, i can safely say this has been one of the best summers i have experienced. Actually overall, i would say this has been one of the best years because we even had a surprisingly sunny January and beautiful March too and even the other 3 months had a nice amount of sunny days. No matter what happens for the rest of the year, this will definitely be a year i look back on with fond memories! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy L said:

34C here near Larnaca and it's a lot more humid than the UK hot spell, at around 60%. 

'We' were at 76% humidity in Villamartin, Costa Blanca last weekend, before the H dropped to 55% on Tuesday just gone. At home now and it's a very pleasant 23c, with low H.

Would love to see this weather go on to October. Being selfish our area around Bristol has no water shortage issues, but guess could do if we plough into Sept with little rain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Bristle Si said:

'We' were at 76% humidity in Villamartin, Costa Blanca last weekend, before the H dropped to 55% on Tuesday just gone. At home now and it's a very pleasant 23c, with low H.

Would love to see this weather go on to October. Being selfish our area around Bristol has no water shortage issues, but guess could do if we plough into Sept with little rain.

I’d like a warm September too but with plenty of thundery activity, it’s been another poor summer for that 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Arrived in Aviemore today in my shorts and T-shirt, and instantly regretted it! Getting out of the car I had a blast of cool air I’ve not felt for months. It was about 15°c, breezy and cloudy with a few spots of rain. Very different to back home. 

However, some of the heat further south looks like moving up here later next week with Aviemore forecast to get to 25°c by Thursday. Very warm for these parts. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Around these parts the fields still have a tinge of green thanks to a few showers here and there over the last week. But they're heading back towards yellow and will surely be all the way there if the coming week is as forecast. We're not in the position places further SE are, but it's not great and much as I enjoy warm, dry summers and dislike rain ruining the last few weeks before autumn takes hold, I don't think I can honestly say I want this going on into September without any real break. If that happened we'd be in serious drought even here, I think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter

The first half of this month is looking splendid, which is something I am pleased about as we are certainly overdue a nice August. 🌤️

Could end up being the warmest August since 2003. Though August 2016 was pretty warm also.

But I equally want a seasonal September as opposed to being more like an extension of summer, particularly during the second half of the month. I'd be happy with a repeat of September 2015.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety
17 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

The Met Office have issued a level 2 heatwave alert for East and West Midlands, South West England, South East England, London and East of England from 12:00  Tuesday to 09:00 on Friday

I would issue a level 2 abuse alert for the weather forecasters.

_126090849_976x1.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Meteorologists from the BBC and elsewhere faced abuse as they reported on the UK's record heat.

Posted

Why no weather heatwave alert for this up coming heat wave? From midweek it looks to hit above 32 until at least Sunday/Monday, it’s not until the early hours where temps may drop to the high teens so if we are lucky. Would think a warning will go out today or tomorrow at the latest, then it will be media hype 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Awesome week ahead as the temps climb.. didn't even make 25°C here, last August. I've finished most of the work in my garden for this year, so I can enjoy it under the blue skies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!

Can't wait to start the cold haters club in the next few months.  Winter is a miserable time for me and many others 😎🥶

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny!
20 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Awesome week ahead as the temps climb.. didn't even make 25°C here, last August. I've finished most of the work in my garden for this year, so I can enjoy it under the blue skies.

Yep and I think my favourite part is the bags of sunshine.  Often hot weather from plumes means lots of cloud in the west.  Long drawn easterly, high pressure resulting in adiabatic heating and very little moisture = 💰☀️☀️

• Like 1

Posted

The contrast between Wales and Hampshire is so stark. Wales was pretty much green (just a hint here and there of some water distress) whereas back home it is looking in a desperate state, ponds/lakes are basically gone now in the local area, what's left in a few won't survive a 5-7 day heatwave. Grass is in a horrible state and its becoming increasingly more dust bowl like in places.

Anyway this upcoming week looks very impressive for heat, locally expecting to reach 30c quite few times before any possible breakdown some point next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Outlook for this week fills me with dread, July i nearly passed out twice whilst working, one of our staff ended up with heat exhaustion, this summer is certainly giving us a kicking, thankfully the night time temps may not be quite as high. Literally ticking the days off now till more comfortable conditions will return.

Posted
3 hours ago, clark3r said:

Why no weather heatwave alert for this up coming heat wave? From midweek it looks to hit above 32 until at least Sunday/Monday, it’s not until the early hours where temps may drop to the high teens so if we are lucky. Would think a warning will go out today or tomorrow at the latest, then it will be media hype 

There should be one due to the longevity again ...

Posted
1 hour ago, Earthshine said:

Can't wait to start the cold haters club in the next few months.  Winter is a miserable time for me and many others 😎🥶

Unless it goes below 0c and there is snow on the ground. And then I love it 😄

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Earthshine said:

Colder winters tend to be sunnier and drier than mild winters which are often wet, dull and miserable!  A cold/dry winter in general is much less miserable than a mild and wet one IMHO!  Hot summer lovers have had it good recently, which is fine of course.  However, cold weather lovers should have their turn in winter, even though the chances are it will be another mild borefest!

Edited by Don
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1